How to minimize server lag?

DeletedUser

Hi guys, I've ran into this weird problem, where If launch an attack with say using a planner with fixed landing time, I launch it right at the time when it needs to be, but then when I go on village view and look at the attack there is 2-5 second delay, no matter what. I don't get it?

I take that is server side lag, but is there anyway to minimize this, or somehow tweak it so there would not be server lag and so that when I do press attack on needed time there is no delay?

DeletedUser

I think there is a rule about that somewhere, something about attacks being behind a little to make things harder.

DeletedUser

Oh well thought there was lol shows what I know than shut off all programs is my only advice which matt already pointed out lol

DeletedUser

also do not hold screens open if you have it open for a long period there is clock lag.

DeletedUser93450

:icon_eek: Wow, even my internet doesn't lag that much.

DeletedUser

also do not hold screens open if you have it open for a long period there is clock lag.

What do you mean? I do get that clock lag thingy (diff tabs have split second diff sometimes)

DeletedUser

if you are where i live , then lag will be there because of the telecommunication company being lazy hats.
nothing you can do :(

DeletedUser

the best thing to do it to let it run through some other windows before it hits the ones your sending from. this should remove most of the lg

DeletedUser65940

just remember guys the tw servers are in germany (I THINK - please correct me if im wrong)

Point being, when you send/recieve data from TW, it's gotta come a long distance = delay.

DeletedUser

When you keep the "click ok to attack" screen open for too long it starts to lag out further and further. Make sure that you refresh the page around 30 seconds before you click the attack button if you are running off the clock on that tab.

Are you using satellite internet for country people? The lag can deviate between 4-8 seconds from past experiences. Not nice at all when you want to time a nuke from another base in front of some nobles. I also tried using T train from satellite internet and found that when it was cloudy it lagged all the attacks out of order. Lucky for me I have high speed broadband now and my lag is easily calculated to exactly 2 seconds.

DeletedUser82385

Im having the same problem. My lag is 4 seconds and it is unstable. Really makes timing a pain. It is most prob you are very far from their servers.

DeletedUser

This isn't a user internet or pc problems. It comes from the server, maybe it can't hold the world pretty well because of my farming runs :D

DeletedUser

Lol could always turn off your antivirus........ there are some AV programs that do a 5 min cut out but seriously only do it for a the smallest amount of time and dont do anything like check your email when its down, also make sure you are running the most up to date version of whatever browser you are using and cut off all toolbars and background programs, hit http://pingtest.net/ and see what rating your getting. of course make sure your filter on your phone entry points are up to date, make sure your ethernet cable isnt twisted update your firmware disconnect all other devices attached to the internet (xbox etc).

This is all very extreme but they seriously can help, if you are from the uk and use BT invest in a bt iPlate brilliant investement gave me 2Mbps more.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser94483

Hi guys, I've ran into this weird problem, where If launch an attack with say using a planner with fixed landing time, I launch it right at the time when it needs to be, but then when I go on village view and look at the attack there is 2-5 second delay, no matter what. I don't get it?

I take that is server side lag, but is there anyway to minimize this, or somehow tweak it so there would not be server lag and so that when I do press attack on needed time there is no delay?

important question real quick no one has asked yet....are you clicking the attack button at the time it says or the confirmation for attack button that could make the 2-5 second delay difference...between clicking the attack button and clicking the ok button with regular lag is 2-5 seconds.