Your W27 Story!!

DeletedUser

This is a thread for everyone who has ever played in W27. I did this on another world and it was quite an enjoyable thread. So, players of W27, do you care to make sure that your story is known to all before leaving this world in the past once and for all?

For those that stayed until the very end:
1) What was your rank upon the ending of the world?
2) What kept you motivated to play to the very end?
3) Did you start out on the account that you ended the world with, or were you gifted it/joined it later on?
4) Do you play any other worlds?
5) How do other worlds compare to this one?

For everyone that has ever set foot in W27 ;0
6) How experienced were you when you started out?
7) What was your highest rank?
8) Which was/is your favourite tribe and why?
9) Who were/are your favourite leaders and why?
10) Who were/are your favourite opponents and why?
11) What was your favourite PnP piece over the years?
12) If you could go back and relive any period of time on this world, which would it be and why?
13) What are some of the personal challenges you've had to face on this world?
14) What would you deem to be your greatest success on this world?
15) What is the most important lesson that you've learned on W27?
16) Who was the person that had the most influence on you personally, and why?
17) Are you surprised by the way the world ended?
18) What is your personal opinion on the winning tribe, Shadow?
19) If you could rate this world on a scale of 1-10, what would your rating be? Why?

DeletedUser93570

I ended the world at number 4, my highest ranking being number 2 about a year ago. I started on the first day the world opened not far from the very center of the world. I played until the last day. I used the same account the entire time, rarely being sat by tribemates. Motivation wasnt difficult for me because there was always some enemy to conquer until the very end. Some of the opponents (notably Rainbowbadger and Helldad) were very difficult to take down, despite overwhelming superiority. I played several other worlds, starting with W19 and just started on world 53. For the last 2 years I was pretty much exclusive to W27.

My favorite time was probably the first 6 months of the world. I was almost rimmed at the beginning, saved only by the attack break at Xmas and again at new years. I started out in a locked tribe that was quite weak, but a few players did come to my aid. I basically was a tribal Hugger at the beginning, content to build villages and noble barbs. After the tribe lock I joined the K55 tribe and from there was recruited into Shadow (then ATTACK). I considered joining LA-G right up until the invite for Shadow came down. Once I joined Shadow, we had several massive wars in a row, and I was in the center of the world. I had incomings for months straight, and always seemed to have a village on the front line. Eventually, Shadow emerged as the dominant tribe (after a merger with AOW) and then never faltered to the end. Zarin has written a detailed history of all this if you are interested in details. My favorite friends/tribemates were Bloatedcherub, Hale storm, Braxtongold and Zarin. My favorite opponents were GambitV, Deano1UK, TarynAshley, Rainbowbadger, b123654, Joe the Elder and Helldad

It seems to me the most remarkable thing about the world is that Shadow never broke up or even had a significant quarrel within the ranks. We lost some (over time, most) of our most skilled and experienced players, but others seemed to come up in their place. Our success was entirely due to our strong leadership, which was arguably the best there ever has been in TW. Ephette gave cohesion and morale while Zarin, Mande and others gave tactics and discipline. Success would have been probable without me, but impossible without Ephette and Zarin.

I am very biased, but I rate this world as a solid 10.

DeletedUser

no comment
top 30 i think
8) Which was/is your favorite tribe and why?
I suppose LB or whatever the tribe was where ftw93 was leader
9) Who were/are your favorite leaders and why?
albrew-cant think of other
10) Who were/are your favorite opponents and why?
this is tribalhugs
11) What was your favorite PnP piece over the years?
forgot his user-name, he used to rival xSaphiraX
12) If you could go back and relive any period of time on this world, which would it be and why?
that Nstlk was going to back-stab ATTACK/Shadow
not quiting out of boredom
quiting it
dont trust anyone
I suppose Dartship as we do talk more then i have with anyone else on this world
No
They deserved to win
19) If you could rate this world on a scale of 1-10, what would your rating be? Why?
3 Shadow dominated to fast

DeletedUser

1) What was your rank upon the ending of the world?

I finished in 12th rank, I had a tough early start of this year. My mates know fully what I overcame to stay and finish...

2) What kept you motivated to play to the very end?

It was alot of things. Obsession, loyalty, respect and I wanted to say I finished, Have you? ;]...

3) Did you start out on the account that you ended the world with, or were you gifted it/joined it later on?

I did, and BrobFellshank will always live on. Can be found on w54 waiting for his reward;]...

4) Do you play any other worlds?

Only 54, just started it. I play on .us server w1 as well. I am footloose there. I have played on other .net worlds and left them for whatever reason...

5) How do other worlds compare to this one?

That is a tough question. How do I compare a experimental start-up world to a normal one. I have had fun on many worlds so on those terms it was the same for me.

At the beginning of w27 I was probably at best a skilled noob, just by the fact that I started and did very well on w26. I believe I took a 200k+ account to well over 10 million in odd. I also had a couple of travian servers under my belt, which were finished tbh;]...

I think I was ranked as high as 4th, really wish I could of stayed with gerrick and zarin but my real life set me back a few times in my playing.

Shadow without a doubt;]... a little biased but you know. I did enjoy kitty though, me and xsaphirax were 1 and 2 respectfully before the tribe lock ended.

Ephette and Zarin. They never lost their cool when we were under pressure. We did have times where we thought we could lose. They never let us give up, always there when I had to mail for whatever reason with a proper and respectful reply. And most of all, they listened to everyones opinion. I felt like we had a voice always to be welcomed.

I guess it was slapper man from tribe lock phase. He threatened to rim me. While he was larger than me. I was able to rally the players around me with a offensive alliance because you could not support outside the tribe. 5 of us took his villages and rimmed him. That was when I realized I had the ability to coordinate players for a common goal. Should of been obvious as I do this everyday in real life. LOL;]...

I really stayed out of pnp for the most part. I enjoyed reading the weekly thread posted by zarin. That guy can write very well.

The start up, it was very fun for me. The tribe lock was cool for me. It was weird starting in a tribe but it made you really work with the people around you. I was also like a whole K away from my closest tribe member. It was obvious we had to prepare for the lock end. The scramble of players was very fun to watch. You got to see who was working with who.

I was almost left out of attack/shadow. When the tribe lock ended I joined a tribe with a mate from w26, it quickly fell apart and it took me to weeks to make the grade for attack/shadow as I was still all alone in my K until we merged with AOW.

Becoming the player I am now. I absorbed so much information from shadow. I am now a fairly well respected player with a nice network of players.
Also I am very proud of the fact that I never posted on our Count to 1000 and back again thread, I believe they had over 6000 posts on it. LOL

Almost all of them. LOL The most important is to be patient.

I would really have to say Zarin because of his commitment. I really did not want to let him down. He was what kept me going really.

Not at all. The commitment of this tribe was very high. Leaders never stumbled, probably the most important fact of all.

Again biased, but compared to most of my other endeavors it was a well organized machine.

I would give it a 5, all the quitters kinda wrecked it for me.

DeletedUser

Not very, not very experienced at all.

Good question. Nothing really that high if memory serves but that sort of suited me.

Oh Shadow, definitely, aside from a lot of reasons, it'd be a bit weird for me to not like the tribe I was in the longest.

Zarin (legend), Lord of Bones (excellent player), Ephette (I don't know if there's an adequate superlative for what she did for Shadow, especially at the start), Mande (couldn't be upset by anything), Winvarwen (awesome guy), my memory just isn't good enough to remember the rest; but suffice to say the leaders of Shadow were fantastic.

Oh and notable mention goes to TarynAshley too, She was an excellent leader of her own tribe and a really intelligent and tough competitor. The best player outside of Shadow methinks (and possibly better than many within!).

DarkDMize, Metaldoc, WesleyT, who have all become friends of mine. Good people and good players.

Aside from that, probably LordKhal, I've never enjoyed being part of crushing another player so much.

Mine were never really that good, and none from other people come to mind specifically, so: none.

Ships Log: Zarin was really good though.

Probably the early days, of the world and of when I joined Shadow, I learnt a heck of a lot from a lot of good people.

They are just that, personal :).

Making all the good friends I made and learning from some of the most experienced (and most intelligent players) on W27 (and TW also).

Nothing really comes to mind, I learnt a lot.

Good question. I had plenty of influences, but mainly I was pretty independent in my thinking. Often to the detriment of myself and those around me, but still.

Nope, possibly in the timing, but not in the result, Shadow won last year sometime.

I loved and still love Shadow. Good tribe, excellent people.

A 9, I haven't been on that many worlds to be fair. But I liked the idea.

DeletedUser

1) I finished up, rather pleasingly, at #2. I thought I might be able to hold out until the end, having taken the top spot for a while, but hats off to gerick for reclaiming what was rightfully his.

2) I think the fact that I was leading the tribe kept me motivated to carry on. I sensed a gulf in personal achievement that needed to be filled by victory, and I was far too competitive to let it slip away. Whilst I admit that it stressed at times, I don't think me leaving was ever a likely possibility. The incessant chase during the past year of the top spot in the player rankings with gerick also kept me growing as fast as I could. The fact that I was succeeding here kept me returning, and before I knew it, I was hooked. I couldn't let my members down.

3) I started with this account in the first day or so and haven't looked back since.

4) I have played other worlds in the past, but I actively played no others alongside this one. I have not yet decided on the future.

5) Being relatively new to TW, since I scarcely lasted in other worlds, I don't think I can really comment. I have made my observations on other worlds, but direct comparisons are often erroneous; there are too many variables to make it viable.

6) As I said, I had learned which buildings were which on other worlds and which troops did what. I suppose I was genuinely proud of a 40 village account on a past world, but I realise now that there were gaping chasms in my knowledge of the game and its mechanics.

7) My highest was #1. I first reached it in January 2010 and reached it again sometime in October/November, but gerick pipped me at the post only a few days from the end.

8) Favourite tribe? Gosh let me think about that ;) Ignoring the obvious choice of Shadow there were some great tribes. I thought ~AOW~ were great and both Nstlk* and GR*FM were immensely impressive when we fought them.

9) Eph has been an exemplary leader and the rock that has guided Shadow through its entire history. Others have come and gone along the way, certainly the likes of Mande1992, Lord of Bones, Obey the Cat, winvarwen were all sorely missed.

10) Favourite opponents were probably [IRON] for their hilarious PnP and tenacity. Likewise, GR*FM deserve a mention for their irrepressible determination, and Nstlk* for hardening the tribe in the toughest conflict in Shadow's history.

11) Favourite PnP piece of all time? Probably sholo referring to Lord of Bones as a cheese muffin - it makes me chuckle to this day.

12) I want to go back to a couple of months in. I was engaged in a small personal war and was getting whooped. In my defence, I was a noob, but I would like to go back, knowing what I do now of warfare. I think there's probably some PnP and general acquittal of myself that I would change too...some marks were overstepped and I have my regrets.

13) Learning the game mostly from scratch is always tough. Likewise being asked to lead a tribe is a tall order when you have little experience. I suppose it was time management that caused me the most hardship, and just generally coping with the demands of the game was tough at times.

14) Leading the top tribe, being #2, blogging and writing a great deal for the community, and having the top OD and ODA scores by a colossal margin...all at the same time :)

15) The most important lesson I have learned is that we should not be afraid to look past appearances to see what is really there, that we should appreciate those around us for who they really are.

16) That's a tough question. The tribe as a whole has changed my life, as well as those outside it. I'd hate to name names, so I shall say that many people have left their mark...I have tried to learn from others.

17) I am surprised that we finished so quickly; I thought it would go on longer. Am I surprised that we won? Not at all, not considering the last year. I am glad to see that we didn't have to recruit to replace losses.

18) In the context of W27, Shadow is an excellent tribe. It has stuck to its ethos and has worked hard for its victory. It has not been perfect, it has not been loved and it has not always made the right decisions, but it has completed a monumental victory. I think that the victory is owed more to certain individuals that equally to the tribe as a whole, but isn't that always the case in any team environment?

19) The small size of the world was disappointing as was the apathy of the community, but the settings were interesting and I met some wicked people. If you were in Shadow, it's probably high up in the rankings, but it can't have been a great deal of fun for everyone else. I suppose the crux is that I have little else to compare it to. I'd plump for a 7.

DeletedUser

1) 22nd.
2) Had come too far to walk away in the last few months.
3) I started and finished with the same account, just had to change my log in on the forums half way through as I forgot my password.
4) Not actively playing other worlds, just log in on some to have a look.
5) Other worlds I have played have had an overall higher skill level of players, however there can be no true comparison between this and other worlds because we never got the numbers of people on this world that others have.

6) My starting - and ending skill is pretty average as a player, I make a pretty awesome defender when I don't have many troops to play with, attack skills are reasonable (read lazy into that, I just send a noble with each nuke)
7) I ended 22nd but can't remember off the top of my head if I reached a higher level earlier ingame.
8) Biased reply would have to be Shadow.
9)Not for Sale, King of Tribal, others who were not scared to declare war on us. Shadow leadership who constantly found new ways to inspire and challenge the tribe.
10) Feb 13, Nstlk again those tribes who initially were prepared to stand up and fight for a world they wanted to dominate.
11) http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=114495 always gotta love the little guy being taken on by the giants - and winning
12) The start of the world, I always love the start, seeing the tactics of people as they try to get ahead of neighbours, making friends with the right people, finding the weak links.
13) Sometimes just before pressing that enter key, you have to take a moment to concider if you really really want to send that message you have just angrily typed out.
14) Setting a tribe on the path to victory.
15) Never forget theres a real person sitting behind that screen, and try not to hold grudges, oh wait, I'm female, we always hold grudges...
16) There were a number of people who influenced me, some for better some for worse, all helped us to become what we are.
17) No surprise on us winning, the big question was how long would it take.
18)Commitment and teamwork, never underestimate what a group of like minded people can do.
19) how can a winner not be a 10 :) On a general scale I'll give it a 7.

DeletedUser

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh fun time :D

N/A

I didn't pay attention to rankings

Whichever tribe took the most villages from shadow, cause it actually made the forums fun(er)

The leaders of the Spamming and Flaming Industry of course

The heretics who blasphemed against the Fluffy Revolution, DUH!

Hm, the flamings against Drac and the Horsemen of K45, but there were many good ones over the first year (then it all started dying)

Pre-everyone leaving the forums of course, cause that was the best time for W27 imho

getting people to agree with my PnP

PnP and the Spamming and Flaming Industry, of course :icon_rolleyes:

how to make comics

Bonnie Prince Charlie, because the songs about him gave me courage to express my views on this forum. Oh, you meant player? I'd say SuperBrat (if that's what he goes by nowadays), forgot why. Well, here it is: cause he and I always would help each other out if there was a flaming we wanted done

Tch no. who would be?

http://tribalhugs.net/profile.php?user=shadow yeah, they're definately tyrants, bitter old hags and know it alls :icon_rolleyes:, not like they ruled the world or anything :icon_rolleyes:

Actually, I respect that they won a world by facing a bunch of cowards who wouldn't fight in wars and would kick players that wanted to actually fight. They were actually the only players semi-worthy to rule a world, everyone else was chicken :lol:

11, because of the forums, 2 because of the world

my opinions shouldn't come as a shock. I may have been critical of them because I am against their monopoly, but I deeply respect them and don't appreciate it when anyone aside from me slanders them (it's my job to disrespect people here, NO ONE ELSE'S!!! :lol:)

and I don't think it are full of bitter old hags and know-it-alls, it is the only tribe that would fight. Everyone else ran, huddling in numbers...

Last edited by a moderator: