Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Default [Guide] dodging a backtming

Well i made this in w26 some time ago, decided to share it now. Don't know if there has already been one posted, but anyway. Here it is:

Note, you need premium account to do this.

So, you find yourself in the situation where the person you have attacked has dodged with all his offence and sent the attack to arrive ~1 second after your troops get back. You think ZOMG WTF HAX!!!one11! HOW TEH FAR AM I TO DODGE IT (or maybe not that dramaticly, but yeah).

anyway, here is what to do.

step 1:

As the attack gets to say 1.5 min before your offence arrives back. The first thing you do is send all other troops in your base to go find some nice little village to go visit, so you have absolutely no units left in your base.

step 2:

Go to any report of an attack you have made (doesnt matter on who, where, when, outcome etc.)

and then clicky on the attack with all troops:

step 3:

Because all your troops are out of your base, you will get the following screen pop-up:

Now, as soon as your troops get back into your village, the page will automatically refresh, so what you need to do is have your mouse over where the ok button is to send the attack, which should be about where the red cross is on this (provided you leave your screen scrolled as much to the top as possible) Note i used a graphical package so the ok button may be slightly different for non-graphical packs (cant remember which one i used either):

Then provided your net is fast enough you should be able to dodge.

EDIT: Don't forget to click the OK button, it was brought to my attention that i forgot to mention this.

Hope this helps.

Xyziz

This method was already posted here, but more subtly...why draw attention to it?
    :O

Too make your life difficult lard ;)

I think the thread lardingd is referring to is: premium oh my :O.

Two things of note however.
    1. You mentioned that all the troops need to be out of the village. However, you also need to make sure that no troops will be done building in the barracks, stables, or workshop between the time you push the link and the time the troops return. Otherwise, you'll be brought to the confirmation screen of an attack with one unit. Edit: Appears I'm incorrect. Could have sworn it used to, but whatever, I'll take it
    2. I have found that in some cases, the page refresh is larger then the gap you have to dodge. In this case, though its harder to test, I feel that pre-emptively clicking the dodge link before your troops right before your troops get home such that it processes the command right when they return would be better as it refreshes your page a bit earlier. Definitely not as convenient or predictable, but probably your best bet.
    Last edited by qwe4rty : 2008,December 9th at 21:57

Quote Originally Posted by qwe4rty View Post
    I think the thread lardingd is referring to is: premium oh my :O.

Two things of note however.
    1. You mentioned that all the troops need to be out of the village. However, you also need to make sure that no troops will be done building in the barracks, stables, or workshop between the time you push the link and the time the troops return. Otherwise, you'll be brought to the confirmation screen of an attack with one unit.
    2. I have found that in some cases, the page refresh is larger then the gap you have to dodge. In this case, though its harder to test, I feel that pre-emptively clicking the dodge link before your troops right before your troops get home such that it processes the command right when they return would be better as it refreshes your page a bit earlier. Definitely not as convenient or predictable, but probably your best bet.
    Right, that was the one. As to your second idea, that's what I used in w19 to dodge counters >_>, this other method is much better with a nice connection.

Quote Originally Posted by qwe4rty View Post
    1. You mentioned that all the troops need to be out of the village. However, you also need to make sure that no troops will be done building in the barracks, stables, or workshop between the time you push the link and the time the troops return. Otherwise, you'll be brought to the confirmation screen of an attack with one unit.
    Does this happen? I was almost positive it didn't because the rally point does not refresh to troops trained, so it still recognizes that there are no troops in the village until the attack arrives back

<testing now, will edit in a sec>

EDIT: yeah i was rite, it doesn't try send if troops are trained while you are in rally point screen. only if an attack comes back that would refresh the page.

And thanks for that other bit qwe4rty.
    Last edited by xyziz : 2008,December 9th at 10:20

Uhg my connection failed for the first time when I tried to use this! mind you the backtiming was less then a second :( still stupid connection awe well time to rebuild :S. Minor set back :P
    - ex W48 Duke

Quote Originally Posted by whooker View Post
    Uhg my connection failed for the first time when I tried to use this! mind you the backtiming was less then a second :( still stupid connection awe well time to rebuild :S. Minor set back :P
    hiya neighbor

blocked

This kind of dodge can be almost just as well done without premium.

When you wait your troops returning, fill in the troop count of the returning troops and the coordinates a random village you will dodge to. When clicking on Attack you should see "Not enough units available" error. Numbers and coords stay intact.

Now, the trick is to click Attack just after your troops arrive but before the page refreshes. If you let page to refresh, the coordinates get blanked and you're screwed. Rapidly clicking Enter should work.

If done correctly you will at one moment see that confirmation screen and all you have to do is press that OK button as fast as you can.

This may be a bit slower compared with premium, but it is still possible to dodge backtimes under a second.

Quote Originally Posted by xyziz View Post
    Does this happen? I was almost positive it didn't because the rally point does not refresh to troops trained, so it still recognizes that there are no troops in the village until the attack arrives back

<testing now, will edit in a sec>

EDIT: yeah i was rite, it doesn't try send if troops are trained while you are in rally point screen. only if an attack comes back that would refresh the page.
    Interesting, I could have sworn it did it in the past. Just tested myself and it didn't do it. Will edit previous post accordingly.

Well this sure doesn't work on 3 ms backtimes. :|

it no longer works at all
    Dance

What about if...

Before you send the attack, you assume you may be backtimed so you open up multiple tabs in multiple windows of the 'send attack confirmation page' without actually sending the attack (so you can open up as many pages as you want with all your troops loaded in the confirmation page).

You can have one window for the actual train (say you only have two nobles) or attack you're going to send.

One window of multiple tabs (with same troops loaded in each tab) open at the send attack confirmation page assuming no losses (all troops loaded), one window with multiple tabs for 1/4 losses, one for 1/2 losses etc.

Again all of the above opening windows and tabs is done before you send the actual attack, you just leave the additional "dodge" windows open (already loaded to the send attack confirmation page) until you're sure you haven't been backtimed.

And of course the multiple tabs loaded with the same troops in each window are so you can use opera to increase you chances of getting the dodge. If you click ok before your troops arrive home it just goes back to the rally point and says you don't have enough troops. Hopefully by the time you flick to the next tab, using t-train method or similar, your troops have arrived home and you click ok before the backtime lands so all, or as many as possible, of you your troops are sent to safety, dodging the backtime.

So after everything is set up, you send the attack and you then get backtimed, you use the appropriate window, taking into account any losses, to dodge the backtime, again using opera to increase your chances of getting the dodge... easy?

I don't know of or can't think of a better way of dodging a backtime, if anyone does please enlighten me Obviously this method takes a tiny bit of prep but could be well worth it, espescially on startup/second villa ;)

If somebody thinks they can lay out what I've put down a little more clearly they're more than welcome, also if this has already been posted elsewhere, apologize I've obviously missed it :P