Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Default Question about OD Ranking

1.) In world16, how much OD score is each unit worth?
    The wiki said
    Code:
    Opponents Defeated (OD) is a ranking metric used by Tribal Wars that many players consider a more valuable measure of skill than points. You gain OD by killing enemy troops. Each unit killed is worth a certain amount of OD. There are two types of OD rank, OD attack rank and OD defense rank. 

You can check your OD ranking and total by clicking Ranking, and then Opponents Defeated.
    But there is no numbers

2.) If support troops are attacked and a few attacker troops die, does that increse the ODD??

no!!!!
    My attempt to kil my own troop to see how much my OD increases didn't work
    Last edited by Imran23xy : 2009,January 9th at 17:35 Reason: Added number 2

OD-scores for attacker / defender
    spear 4 / 1
    sword 5 / 2
    axe 1 / 4
    archer 5 / 2
    scout 1 / 2
    light cavalry 5 / 13
    mounted archer 6 / 12
    heavy cavalry 23 / 15
    ram 4 / 8
    catapult 12 / 10
    paladin 40 / 20
    nobleman 200 / 200

All attacks upon a village will give the defender ODD but not the people supporting that player. The attacking player will also gain ODA is he kills any of the defending troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Imran23xy View Post
    My attempt to kil my own troop to see how much my OD increases didn't work
    I think OD may be like points, i.e. it doesn't update in real time.
    Rapio ex Uber, Tribuo ut Penuriosus

(Steal from the Rich, Give to the Poor)

So you build ODD and ODA whenever you successfully defend or attack by killing off troops.

1. Can you get ODD for partially defending?
    2. Can you get ODA for attacking but lossing all troops. (u know like effort pts)
    3. So why and how would I use this information...what does it really tell me.

Trying to figure out its value.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers!

Laz
    Lord Lazareth Rites
    Commander of the 10th Uther Soul Legion
    First Son of the Elvish Empire of LothLorius Oden
    Burning Star of the Northern Reaches

If you attack and no troops return you get no ODA, im not too sure for defending but its probably the same

But sometimes like you attack and you loose your whole army, at the same time the opponent looses some troops but you can't tell because none of your men returned, doesn't ODA increase then.
    Also thankyou 12azor, and you were right TOMBa91 its not real time.
    But I think the tribal wars staff shouldn't include the option that you can increase your own ODA by klling yourself.

blocked

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy88 View Post
    If you attack and no troops return you get no ODA, im not too sure for defending but its probably the same
    That's incorrect. If all attacking troops die you DO get ODA.You get it a few days later. The increase is delayed so you can't gauge it to determine what you killed after the attack is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Robin. View Post
    That's incorrect. If all attacking troops die you DO get ODA.You get it a few days later. The increase is delayed so you can't gauge it to determine what you killed after the attack is all.
    Gauging from OD would be difficult IMO.

Easier to pre-support said village and attack with a nuke, depending on how much of your support dies you'll know roughly what it's inside and how many nukes to break.

Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper Ix0 View Post
    Gauging from OD would be difficult IMO.

Easier to pre-support said village and attack with a nuke, depending on how much of your support dies you'll know roughly what it's inside and how many nukes to break.
    Guaging from OD would not be difficult. And you would need to send your support to land right before your nuke or the opponent could send it home.

At everyone else in the topic:
    You get OD(A/D) for every troop you kill.(Not including your support.)

If you get attacked and you only kill 1 of the axemen the attacker is sending, then you get 4 ODD.

If you attack someone else and none of your troops return, you will get ODA based on the units you killed. But I got mine like 5 days later on W25, so you do get it. Just not for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by 12azor View Post
    OD-scores for attacker / defender
    spear 4 / 1
    sword 5 / 2
    axe 1 / 4
    archer 5 / 2
    scout 1 / 2
    light cavalry 5 / 13
    mounted archer 6 / 12
    heavy cavalry 23 / 15
    ram 4 / 8
    catapult 12 / 10
    paladin 40 / 20
    nobleman 200 / 200
    ODA ingrease is lower when you kill troops of a smaller opponent? Something like morale? Or no matter whats the difference between attacker and deffender the ODA raise the same level?

Its the same...

But back to pt 3 of my original post....

What does this mean and how does it help me or the othe player. Just seems like stats that can be useless.

Like early on in a world I farm all village to death (make them quit) but it really does not tell anyone how good I am when I have very strong offense or defensive residing in my village as one player just found out.

He attacked because my OD a/d was not strong but he sure got a surprise when he attacked and then I counter attacked and wiped him.

Seems like ambigous statistics to me.

Opinions pleasee!

Laz
    Lord Lazareth Rites
    Commander of the 10th Uther Soul Legion
    First Son of the Elvish Empire of LothLorius Oden
    Burning Star of the Northern Reaches

blocked

Quote Originally Posted by lazarethrites View Post
    But back to pt 3 of my original post....

What does this mean and how does it help me or the othe player. Just seems like stats that can be useless.

Like early on in a world I farm all village to death (make them quit) but it really does not tell anyone how good I am when I have very strong offense or defensive residing in my village as one player just found out.

He attacked because my OD a/d was not strong but he sure got a surprise when he attacked and then I counter attacked and wiped him.

Seems like ambigous statistics to me.

Opinions pleasee!

Laz
    There is no point, it is an useless stat. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. People that intentionally slaughter their own troops are morons seeking bragging rights at the expense of future growth.

OD is not useless although some people put way to much emphasis on it, OD can be used to evaluate players it is limited in what it can tell you but it is not completely useless.

blocked

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy88 View Post
    OD is not useless although some people put way to much emphasis on it, OD can be used to evaluate players it is limited in what it can tell you but it is not completely useless.
    Oh, it can evaluated and analyzed to give you data. But having high OD gives you no advantage is what I meant by being useless. There's no coded advantage that comes from having high OD, it's entirely bragging rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Robin. View Post
    Oh, it can evaluated and analyzed to give you data. But having high OD gives you no advantage is what I meant by being useless. There's no coded advantage that comes from having high OD, it's entirely bragging rights.
    Not true. On paladin worlds, with weapons, OD affects the rate at which you find weapons.
    Milad | iTeam: can someone dodge for me?
    Milad | iTeam: its 6 seconds
    Milad | iTeam: but i cant dodge that

blocked

Quote Originally Posted by xXkingsamXx View Post
    Not true. On paladin worlds, with weapons, OD affects the rate at which you find weapons.
    That's quite a bit different. That's OD obtained while attacking with your paladin. The percent needed for weapon also has more to do with frequency of OD gains not the size of them. Clearing ten villages with 50 spears each helps the weapon % go up more than clearing 500 spears in one village. The former is also how you should be getting OD early on. Clearing inactives that n't rebuild so you aren't just wasting your own troops.