What does this tool do?
CapisSimulator(CSim), uses the same formulas as the simulator online. Now, I am improving the CSim to have many more features than the simulator online, and off course, all this features will be at your advantage, and amazingly, for totally free(if you already have Excel)!
How do I get this tool?
You simply click the link below which fits your world, and at the new tab or window in your browser, you download it. From now on, it is up to you weither to make good use of it, or just leave it lying there
Remember; all downloads on this page will always be the most updated, so if you want to check if there is a new version you just need to check this first post.
Newest verstion: CSim v3.32 ------ for all worlds(included custom ones) and for all excel versions:
CSimulator v3.32 for all excel versions
To open this file use any unzipping tool(WinZip/WinRar...), and save the whole unzipped file to anywhere on your computer(like the desktop). Open file, and chose your excel version.
Here is an older version which doesn't require use of unzipping program, but it's only for archer worlds, and may contain some bugs.
CSim Arch v3.0 for Excel 2007
CSim Arch v3.0 for Excel 1997-2003
NB: You will need Excel(link to free trial of excel 2007 for 60 days)
How do I use this tool when downloaded?
Just open the downloaded sheet, and the tool is in your power ;)
VERY IMPORTANT; Enable macros if you are asked. If you still have them off, go to macro security(depending on which excel version you have the location of this will be deferent; google it if you need further help on how to do this), and set it to the lowest level.
A "How to use" guide might be added here.
Why should I use this tool instead of the one in-game?
- The CSim Will show exact results, like the simulator you are accostumed to use online.
- The CSim is also very user friendly, and it might be easier to use than the online one.
- The CSim features many information tools, which are not included in the simulator online, and which you can use to analize your or others strategy.
- If you ever wanted to work out your strategy by simulating, but you have no internet acces for the moment you can still use the CSim excel sheet offline.
- You ever wanted to save a simulation while working online, and put it into the simulator later, either to compare the losses with another simulation, or to just reload it? With CSim you can save until 12 simulations, 3 set-up nukes, and 3 set-up deffenses, and load them at the easely click of one button!
- CSim also includes a tool many people have asked for; it will indicate how many nukes will be needed to kill a deffence.
- You will now also be able to get the attacker or defender units in 0,0,0,0.... format, so you can easely put it in a recruiting script!
If you get #NAME errors:
In macro security choose the last option, "Activate all macros."
If you are getting #VALUE errors:,
Please post in this thread or pm me with a screenshot of your problem and I will try to solve it.
For Last version(check Newest version):
1. - Locate folder with the excel simulator application(CSim v3.32 Basic+.xlsm/CSim v3.32 Basic+.xls).
2. - Chek if it is inside a folder called CSimulator v3.32 Basic+.
3.- In this folder(where the CSim is), you should also see a folder called Icons
4.- In the folder called Icons there should be 6 icons; church, stature, unit_archer, unit_knight, unit_marcher and unit_priest.
5. - If any of the things described is missing or in wrong place, the fastest thing you can do is download the CSim again(it might have been updated with bugs fixed), then "Open with" ... WinZip/WinRar(recommended).
6. - When you open the compressed folder choose all(Ctrl + A), and extract the content to anywhere on the computer you wish(as example desktop, or downloads).
7. - Open the CSimulator v3.32 folder, and choose your excel version, and play with the sim as you wish.
If you think it's a pain opening the folder each time, you can just create a shortcut to your excel version on the desktop or something ...
IMPORTANT: If you find it difficult to use, please give me ideas of how you would like it to be for the next version =)
If you find any bug, or if you have any opinion/wish to make this better, please post.
If you want the unlocked sheet with all formulas please mail me telling me what you can provide by using it ;)
People who made this work; Credits
I must say; I never really made the formulas by myself; only thing I did was using formulas other people had found by searching for the formulas in the forums over and over again.
Here are the people who cracked the real formulas, and who make the CSim possible:
- Cheesaurus; without you, the basic of the CSim would never have been done, and the project might just have been a thought in my mind yet.
- N Leandro: thanks to you I was able to implement the Wall and Ram system, at least some of the formulas. The scout formula was also thanks to you.
- Torridity: I must thank you for finding the last wall formulas and the catapult formula, without you, TW would never have seen the finished version of CSim!