Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 150

Default AI's (almost) Complete TW Dictionary.

NOTICE: Due to a brief search through the forums, and an alarming regularity of people referencing this to try and win arguments, I would like to make the following statement.

This WAS NOT MADE to settle arguments. It WAS NOT created with the intention of being the deciding factor in disputes between players. It was made to give beginning players a place to get used to all the TW lingo, without being mocked and driven away by bored 'leet' players before they even got IG. No, I haven't listed every possible scenario. No, I haven't given every possible interpretation of every definition. Tribe leaders can make whatever decisions they like, regardless of what's written here. By all means, refer to it as you like, but please keep in mind that it's original purpose was merely as an informative source to newbies. What people choose to do IG has very little to do with what I wrote here.

Now, having said that...

Welcome, players!

As you have probably noticed, this is a dictionary of TW terms. As distinct from a guide. Use as a dictionary. Not advisable to read all in one sitting. Warned.

You will see that it is divided into 6 (genuine) spoilers: acronyms, general/common usage, beginner, medium, advanced, and the complete list. If you should click on the complete list spoiler, you will become instantly aware of why I felt the need to break it up into smaller parts. These sections denote the type of terminology you will find contained within. Obviously the more experienced players won’t need to peruse the beginner section (except for lolz), and so on. The acronym/common/beginner spoilers are written with the ultra new player in mind, and worded accordingly.

All terms are currently accurate, to the best of my knowledge, and that of the players who proofread this prior to publication. If you feel there are any grievous mistakes, or terms that have been left out (and I’m sure there’s bound to be a few) by all means contact me through the public forum mail and let me know what the issue is and I’ll see what I can do to fix it. (This does not include complaints about terms being in what you may feel to be the wrong section. I’m quite accepting of the fact there’s unlikely to be 100% harmonious agreement - ever - on how this has been broken down. It ain’t changing, so don’t bother mailing me about it.)

Lastly, this could not have been possible without the invaluable help of several other players. In order of people I most notably harassed, I’d like to thank Jamm, Clur, CJ88P and Pervis. Whether they were helping to come up with forgotten terms, assisting with phrasing, proofreading, or just putting up with me whilst I complained about writing this, all input was and is appreciated.

Enjoy the read, all. Or don't.

Additional Extra: If you want to reproduce, translate, or otherwise use this elsewhere, can y'drop me a line and y'know... tell me? That'd be swell. Thanks.

~ Agent Incognito.

Acronyms.

Description: Self-explanatory.

Spoiler:

Common/General Usage.

Description: Terms that aren’t particularly specific to any level of experience, but just good as general knowledge.

Spoiler:

BEGINNER.

Description: A collection of the most useful terms for new players. (May help to have looked at the acronym and general usage spoilers prior to reading this.)

Spoiler:

MEDIUM.

Description: Terms and techniques used by players with a competent grasp on, and understanding of, the game.

Spoiler:

ADVANCED.

Description: Terms and techniques used by the advanced player.

Spoiler:

COMPLETE LIST.

Description: I can guarantee you - it took even longer than it looks. Oh yes.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Agent Incognito : 2010,October 11th at 04:10
    Gone again.

-cough-

Additionally... this isn't meant to be read as a "guide", and you may in fact cause irreparable damage to yourself by reading it all at once. Best to just use it to look for terms you're unsure about.

You've been warned.
    Gone again.

Interesting.

Nice stuff, didn't know about this one:

'Deleted mails are shown as read, so you need to store unread mails in order to appear offline. These mails are ‘quarantined’.

Nor 'Cross defending'. That's a good one.

I thought QFT meant Quit Freaking Talking, AI D:

Hahah jman.

Context based then, maybe? :P
    Gone again.

blocked

Congrats and well done! I know how much time and effort you went into to get this finished!

Great Britain. (Emphasis on the great ;])

This is some nice work

You need to QFT. =
    You need to quit effing talking
    or
    You need to quote for truth?
    x_x
    hahaha.

That is alot of information. Nice work
    Spoiler:

Man that must have took a long time AI! thanks though. I did learn a few new things I never like QFT and stuff like that.
    I heard one person starve, I heard many people laughin'

Certainly did. Though that's probably a combination of the work involved, and the fact I'm lazy and gave up for a couple of weeks, when I had about 10 terms left. :P
    Gone again.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Incognito View Post
    Retiring: The classier version of quitting.
    This made me LOL

Excellent dictionary AI, even though its not meant as a guide it made me rethink some of my own tactics

Great job AI... I knew most of the terms.. but a few of the advanced I found intresting ... I never had names for!

This. Is. Awesomesauce.

Seriously. I can't imagine how much time/effort you must've put into this. I'm going to show this to every TWNoob I can find

nice job... not sure if you got it...bks - backstabber; Agent Incognito is a bksjk

I'm coming for you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nathan golf View Post
    nice job... not sure if you got it...bks - backstabber; Agent Incognito is a bksjk
    SHE IS NOT A BACKSTABBER!

She stabbed me though! Right through my heart

holy... this is awesome man..

Many thanks, all. Glad it's viewed as helpful.

<3 Devil.
    Gone again.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast