Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Frage New w36 tribe tips

hey guys I just started a tribe in w36 pretty fun actually less tenion so uh i know some great leaders here any help...

'I will rather betray the world then let the world betray me'Cao Cao

click this
    Tribe -> Properties -> Disband Tribe
    lawll

Oh god. Don't post that here, this is going to turn into a flame Shlomzi thread.

Right behind you. With 7k axes and 3k LC.

Quote Originally Posted by nignogz View Post
    Dude no.

There was a good guide to leading a tribe on the General Forums a week ago. You could check that out

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=151787

That and Shlomzi's are good guys
    Spoiler:

Shlomzi is very skilled and and yes there's much to learn from him but with all due respect to Shlomzi and fans, I would not recommend you rely on his guide alone. Definitely take all the knowledge and wisedom you can from it because he did accomplish many things and there is a lot of wisedom... but you definitely need a second guide because based on what I have seen from Shlomzi.. somewhere along the lines something always goes horribly wrong.

My point is not to trash the past accomplishments but to always seek to be better and improve on the past mistakes then the past leaders. The higher your aspirations, the more you will work for them, and the more you will accomplish :-)

By the way.... do you lead a tribe in W36 or did you just want general tips?
    Last edited by MissKittieCat : 2009,July 2nd at 16:30
    Rowmaster is <3ed by this kitteh!
    Charmander is <3ed by this psyduck!
    Spoiler:

Here follows the post of Warhams Guide to leadership. Warham was one of our most beloved advisors over at DSl and this is his legacy

Took me a while to write it, but I'm finally happy with the result. I asked alot of ppl's critics, but I would like to thank Knuckledragger for some very valuable adds, and henchman for his thoroughly pointed out criticism.

Leadership fundamentals by warham

Introduction:
    I have now lead a tribe for two times before. The first time I got kind of dragged into it by a friend who was wanting to make a pre-made tribe on world 25 called POINTS, later renamed BALLS. At that time I had had experiences with leadership roles before, but I had always done concrete jobs with clear orders from above, so I didn’t know what to expect and I failed my tribe after my co-duke went inactive. The second time came by accident; I just joined the rim in world 26 out of boredom and was just going to see what happened. I met 3 guys who I became friends with and we made our little tribe early on, and were later invited by a dominant tribe in our continent. They were obviously full of newbs and their duke who was fairly intelligent also had no prior experience in Tribal Wars, but even though most players didn’t have any quality yet, the strategic locations of the members were good inside the continent and I saw a potential of active newbies who were ready to learn, so I joined the tribe, now still called IMK. I immediately started mentoring some of the players and posting guides and learning it to them. Unintentionally I started gathering respect from them and after a while I became a co-duke, and for the second time in my experiences, my co-duke went inactive and I had to take over the reigns. He’s still there as the founder of the tribe and a co-duke though, I learned from my first mistake and did not take away his status as a duke which I did the first time.
    At that time I tried searching for guides about leading a tribe by yourself, but couldn’t really find what I was looking for, therefore I have now carefully laid out some basic fundamentals, from a more economic point of view then I intended when I started writing this guide, about running a tribe for who-ever is looking for it.
    Cheers, Warham!

1 Rules

Every tribe, whatever kind of tribe, must first and foremost formulate rules and codes of conduct, varying from tight security measures to general guidelines. Only by having this will the work contribute some kind of value to the system.

Nevertheless, this is not enough. A tribe must also discover the exceptions that show limitations of the rules, and therefore be prepared to make adjustments. If that does not happen, then your tribe mates will not follow the rules. Also remember that rules may need to change as your circumstances change. A tribe must often adapt the rules to keep competing with other tribes.

The balance of the rules and exceptions will partly determine the success and integrity of a tribe. Therefore the development of rules that applicate to as many exceptions as possible is crucial to every tribe.

Some common rules for tribes are:

Joining – how many points to join, ODA levels, the need for an account sit before joining, geographic proximity to other members.

Membership – how active each day, growth rates, going yellow or red, not following other rules, not responding to mails, posting in the forums.

Integrity – only having account sitters from your tribe, making sure things that ordinary members say are just their opinions and not the tribe’s formal position, making sure members do not accidentally leak information in what they say outside the tribe.

Player Growth – making proper claims, times to finish claims, maximum number of claims at once, the size of claims targets, resolving disputes about claims, giving guidance on how to grow villages and make successful attacks

Player support – making proper requests, not dodging with your own troops and letting your tribe mates take the damage, helping each other

War – who decides, who declares, how to manage war claims, how to manage war support

1.1 The tone of the tribe

As a leader you need to set the tone for the tribe. Will it be para-military, with everyone required to report in, have regular account sits to prove they are building villages the way you want, required to show proof of ODA and sub-second noble trains? Will it be a social club, where the “off-topic” tab is the only part of the forum where anyone posts? Will it be where the leader tells everyone what to do, but does not seem to do it himself?

Another way of looking at it is whether you will be a dictator, a populist leader who has a tribal vote on everything, an absentee-leader who lets the tribe members do what they want, a nepotistic leader who lets his friends and favourites have what they want and stops others, or will you find a balance of hearing what others have to say, but making the decisions – easy or hard – for the tribe to follow. Each approach has advantages and disadvantages.

The tone a leader sets will determine the kind of players that are in the tribe and whether they will stay. Tone and leadership style varies, but a good mix is probably one which has some rules, offers some support for members, lets them blow off steam sometimes but also makes sure that they know when things are serious they need to get serious as well.

If a leader does not have the respect of the tribe members you are headed for a fail. Just because you demand respect does not mean you will get it or that you deserve it. Just because you are a Duke, or you made someone a Baron, does not mean that they (or you) are a good leader if there is no respect. Respect is earned by helping others with ideas and advice, by showing you can do what you ask of others, by putting your own troops on the line when you need to, and by listening to the ideas and suggestions and complaints of others in a fair manner.

Remember: To disrespect is to get disrespect, to give respect is to get respect.

2 Analysis

Every tribe, wherever, must always analyse every single product of it’s doings, that means not only every member separately in their individual doings, but also the attack group that members belong to, and the captain commanding that attack group and the general commanding the captains. Each member, each officer, attack group and each war etc. must be analysed to it’s fullest content for possible flaws and improvements, and the members that have multiple jobs, for instance a captain who not only has the job of leading his men into battle, but also participating in the battle like a regular member, must be analysed in both of his jobs.

It is offcourse of major importance to act on your analyses and with that, replace your past systems with renewed and improved version, to improve the entire entity of the tribe and keep competing with other tribes.

To keep improving it is necessary that every product is re-analysed and possibly improved on a regular basis. The process of learning and improving is a never-ending story.

Also keep in mind that the entirety of the different components put together should always have a bigger appreciation then the components itself.

People analysis is done by talking and listening. See what people say in the forums and how often they speak. See what people say in mail messages. If you interrogate people, they will be offended, so form your impressions in ordinary conversation most of the time.

2.1 Environmental Analysis

Keep constant track of your external environment as well. As a player, know the other players around you, try to know when they are active, watch which direction they are nobling villages, watch how their points or OD goes up. Encourage every member of the tribe to be aware of their surroundings.

As a leader, keep constant track of the world around you. Which are the other tribes, have they changed? Are they recruiting members? Are they losing members? Are their points going up or down, what is the average size of their players etc. Use tools like TWStats and pay attention to the public forums.

3 Leading individuals

It is at least as important that a tribe gives information, care and support to every tribe member separately, and insures that each and every individual contributes to the needs of the tribe. It is a condition for the success of the tribe that the motivation and activity of an individual are in service of the greater good of the tribe, which objectives automatically run parallel with those of the individuals themself.

Strive for a tribe that has a system in which the individualistic needs rhyme with those of the collective. A balance between rights and duties, mutual benefits for the individual and the community is of the outmost importance.

Much of your leadership is en-masse via posts to everyone in the forums or in circular mails. Some of it will be working with the other leaders, the Barons, Generals or area Captains. Sometimes it will be one-on-one conversations with people, to get to know them, to know what they want.

4 Choosing favourites

To effectively operate your tribe, you must give some kind of a status, a certain position in the tribe and the necessary respect to everyone that proved themself useful to the tribe. Of course a tribe has interests in letting the ones that perform the best, receive more influential positions where they can exceed their own performances and can be an example to others.

Rewards must be in agreement of the provided contributions. But the tribe must first define what is worth to pursue and the goals it wishes to accomplish are worth the trouble. This also goes for the people who define these goals.

The power to create something of value therefore depends on the integration of acquired status and attributed status.

Sometimes you need to realise that another player is a better or equally good leader. Not everyone can be a duke, but sometimes a tribe member will be promoted to Duke. Sometimes a Duke might recognise that they need to step down a bit, maybe temporarily, for the good of the tribe. I have seen a tribe where a well respected Duke carefully arranged for others to take over his role and stepped down to be just an ordinary tribe member because of changes in his personal life. [W27 stuff for me] He had more respect from the tribe for doing this than by trying to pretend he was a Duke but not being really able to help the tribe row and develop. Founding Dukes are a bit different, in many cases as a sign of honest respect, these people remain as Dukes but if they do not have the capacity to grow the tribe to its full potential, they promote others who can.

5 Internalise the external and reversed

The same balance goes for the decisions and objectives being determined, even though this is something totally different from the tensions between individual and community. Are these matters that have come from the inside, or were they diplomatically enforced by the outside? A tribe rejecting ideas from the outside can not grow for long. But a tribe that doesn’t draw power from its own members also leaves a source of intelligence unexploited.

A tribe therefore must not only look on inside but also aim its vision to the outside world.

6 Creating equal development possibilities

Something very important for morale, a tribe must always offer equal development possibilities to every member to provide valuable contributions. If this doesn’t happen that you will never know what suggestions and ideas dwelm in certain minds that could be used for the good of the tribe.

Creating equal possibilities is only possible if you listen to everyone separately, however if every suggestion of every member receives as much attention, like a democracy is supposed to be, you will never grow and every decision will have to be suspended constantly. To avoid this, contributions of members should be subjected to a hierarchic structured form of judgement. The people that stimulate and judge those contributions must be objective about it, otherwise there aren’t equal chances.

A tribe requires a balance between the equal opportunities and a hierarchic structured judgement of the quality of the contributions.

7 Reputation

Wars are not allways won on the battlefield, and rarely started on the battlefield. Therefore, a good reputation is also vital for a tribe, unless you’re tribe is so good that you can ‘win’ the world by yourselves.

A first thing you need to do to increase your tribe’s reputation, is select a tribal representative. This needs to be someone in the aristocracy, or at least someone who can read the hidden forums, as knowledge is power. This person needs to be well articulate and have a very good understanding of the english language, preferrably a native english speaker. Language however does not even come in the first place. This representative must have integrity, respect for other players of all tribes, and know a thing or two about propaganda.

Propaganda is the deliberate, systematic attempt to shape perceptions, manipulate cognitions, and direct behavior to achieve a response that furthers the desired intent of the propagandist.
    -Garth S. Jowett and Victoria O'Donnell, Propaganda and Persuasion

7.1 Propaganda

There are many techniques for propaganda, wikipedia listed no less then 33 techniques. I selected some of the (in my eyes) most important techniques that are often used unintentionally or unaware that it is definately propaganda:

Personal attack – Instead of attacking your opponents arguments, attack his credibility and his person. You can do this in numerous ways; demonizing your opponent, spreading rumours, labelling, stereotyping, ...

Big lie’s – Sometimes big lies are more believable then smaller, because people often don’t think someone would be capable of spreading such a big lie, and thus accept it for the truth.

Honesty – The simplest form of propaganda: an honest argument where the audiënce is left to draw it’s own conclusions.

Repetition – If you say the same lie enough times it becomes the truth.

Style – Increase your own credibility by making people like you. Again numerous ways to do this; use ‘big’ words, write in a way that attracts others, be seen making friends with other respected players, witty remarks/witty siggnatures, ...

Black or white – With us or against us.

Also not to be forgotten are: Half-truths, oversimplifications, vagueness, the use of compelling but irrelevant arguments, incomplete facts and scapegoating.

^^ will add that to the guide library now.

i am leading a tribe in world 36

i need advice towards inviting and activness

Quote Originally Posted by AZTEC NINJA View Post
    i am leading a tribe in world 36

i need advice towards inviting and activness
    Inviting: Give people a form to fill out, and if their responses sounds like a noob, don't let them in.
    Activity: farm/noble/kick anybody who's inactive for two days.

Inviting: I assume you arnt making a 1337 premade. So go mass recruit the top people in the K, ask for sitting, and overtime kill the chaff.

Activeness: Yellow = Gone.
    Spoiler:

thanx guys but like what if you arent that powerful?

oh wait, W36?? im there, if you are just starting you gonna get pwned pretty bad....
    timo wuz ere

Quote Originally Posted by AZTEC NINJA View Post
    thanx guys but like what if you arent that powerful?
    Then you give up and get into a good tribe and cause its downfall by spying on it.