Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: See You Soon

In-Game Staff

Default See You Soon

Dear Members of W19.

Some of you like me, some don't. I must say that you have all done a good job behaving, I used to infract w19 at least once or twice a day and now they are few and far between. Anyhow:

On the 24th of January, I will begin a two month break from Tribalwars and Real Life.

My little sister is adopted from Guatemala. To expose her to her culture and country, we have returned to Guatemala several times. Throughout those visits, I have swam through caves with nothing more than candle light to guide us, been to the Mayan Ruins at Tikal, celebrated Easter in Antigua witnessing the parades and mosaics made in the streets, and climbed an active Volcano. More importantly, each time we have visited Guatemala, we have spent several days at an orphanage.

Housing over 80 children, Guadelupe Homes is a refuge for many children orphaned or displaced by the civil war and political genocide currently happening in Guatemala (instigated by the USA, too). Furthermore, the orphanage is run by a sisterhood of nuns that is based out of my hometown, so it has a tie home.

From the 24th of January until the 24th of March, I will be living at the orphanage, helping the children and the sisters. I am 17 years old, and will be traveling without any friends or family, all alone in this foreign country. I have so many blessings each day that I take for granted, and they have so little in comparison, it is time for me to give back. They need the help, and hopefully I can perfect my fluency in Spanish by the time my travels are over. Unfortunately, I will have almost no internet access while down there, and my little bit of access will include blogging, e-mail, skyping my family, and filling out college scholarship applications.

I will return to TW and modding after my trip, whether I am in charge of W19/W17 or some other worlds is unknown to me. Whatever the case, it has been fun.

I will be keeping a blog running while I am down there, I will post the link when I finish setting up the website (and find out what the actual URL is). Any questions or comments are more than welcome.

Best Wishes in the new year,

Scott
    Asalamalakum
    -- W30 Jonboy920 Phoenx -- W60 KPDCK (til 11mil) Calm. / Thak (til Secret Win) SPAM -- W68 killergmantis NADs Duke --

Goodluck to you asa, look forward to seeing you in a couple months!
    Yarnie is a boss.. You couldn't hope to beat him in game.. even if you had a 10m account and he had a 5m I'm sure he could win

Very admirable of you Scott. You have your priorities in order. I wish the best for you, your sister and a safe, happy travel.
    RETIRED - W10, W19, W44, W57, W73

SCHEDULED COMEBACK - W100 The Centennial Edition

have fun

Just popped in here for a minute and noted an unusual thread stickied. Deserves to be. There's much to life that many here in TW land let slip through that is worthy of more pleasure, more glory, more majesty than anything that can be found here. Whether people like you or they don't (I have no clue) is really irrelevant to those things in life that bring greater meaning or purpose. To be 17-years-old, sounds like one hell of a trip.

I hope it brings to you everything it sounds to have the capability of bringing...there are few people who get to experience the opportunity it sounds like you're about to have. Best wishes on your journey, and many hopes that you come to the other end of it with something much greater than the uncertainty it sounds like you'll have going in.

Hey, we all like you... Those who say they don't like you just don't know it yet.
    Wishing you all the best.
    World 19 --- XLR

Good Luck to your long vacation..

What you're doing is very honorable and I am proud to have called you my w19 mod for these past few months, and I will be glad to continue once you come back (if you're still modding :P )

Take care and I wish you all the best, see you soon.

Cya.

Good luck Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by One with cat in pants View Post
    What you're doing is very honorable and I am proud to have called you my w19 mod for these past few months, and I will be glad to continue once you come back (if you're still modding :P )

Take care and I wish you all the best, see you soon.
    Well spoken wanzo.

Good look asa. I also try to help out people, donate blood every time I can, and volunteer for the American Red Cross whenever they are in my area. I'm also 17.

bye baby

uhhhh.. i can't tell becuase everythings spinning! D:

scott i envy you. you are doing a good thing in what seems to be an amazing place. im sure the children appreciate you! the world needs more poeple like you. have fun and stay safe!

side note: W19 is getting yet another mod... sigh

Quote Originally Posted by King Muffin View Post
    scott i envy you. you are doing a good thing in what seems to be an amazing place. im sure the children appreciate you! the world needs more poeple like you. have fun and stay safe!

side note: W19 is getting yet another mod... sigh
    He'll still be yours when he gets back. I'll be covering for him in the meantime.

uhhhh.. i can't tell becuase everythings spinning! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifyr View Post
    He'll still be yours when he gets back. I'll be covering for him in the meantime.

*hides under bannerhammer proof rock*

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifyr View Post
    Hides behind King Muffin
    RETIRED - W10, W19, W44, W57, W73

SCHEDULED COMEBACK - W100 The Centennial Edition

My best wishes are with you on your journey. Take care and be safe.

Good luck mate
    Proud Member of the Canadian Trolls

Very admirable scott very admirable !! Goodluck and hopefully you can have fun with your sister!
    Code:

Good Luck buddy .. take care..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast