Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 153

Default The Sentimental Times: Locals claim old Insane Asylum should be shutdown

In 1832, one of the worlds first insane asylums was born in Masvingo County Alabama. Overcrowded and under staffed, the facility expanded and began to employ ex patients who were deemed to be healed or cured, to help run it’s facility - this was the first (and only) time any psychiatric hospital had offered employment opportunities to it‘s former patients. The medical professionals were as sick as the patients, which we would later find out…

St. Merricks Hospital (Ward 66) was set to be a facility in which the insane would be cured due to the serene surroundings and sympathetic nature of it’s staff. When the doors closed, however, it was an entirely different story - the hospital slowly turned into one of the sickest concentration camps for the mentally ill and insane that has ever been recorded, leading to a numerous amount of murders, suicides etc...

Surprisingly enough, the facility was never destroyed, it has been since re-constructed and maintained over the years and, in fact, some remnants of the old corridors still exist till this very day - a fact in which seems to be creating tidal waves amongst the local citizens of Masvingo County.

EnglishGent “I see no reason for that place to exist anymore, I see people frequently coming and going, you hear screaming, you hear all sorts of things…. I recently did some pipe work in the building, and I saw a lot of things that I wish I didn’t see, that‘s all I‘ll say….”

On the far west of the facility, is where the freezing shock treatment and blood bath experiments took place.

It is no wonder why the screams can still be heard. Lights have been reported to be seen flickering in abandoned portions of the building, doors slamming, as well as human-like figures being seen though bathroom mirrors and windows.

Apparitions have been seen trying to hop a wall at the farthest end of the hospital, as also it can be seen behind this wall, figures running up the hill says one eyewitness:

“Certainly seems to be some strange activity surrounding that place, I saw what appeared to be an old crippled Amish guy trying to catapult himself over the fence.” Said the local farmer Xmach.

Here at the Sentimental Times, we have no reason to believe he is lying, as one of our photographers, filmed what seemed to be a sporting event taking place at the asylum:

So, why hasn’t this place been shut down? With so much scrutiny focusing around the facility, we decided to find out for ourselves.

We had the chance to contact and question Alabama city commissioner, Bobby “Blue Eyed” Sandwalker - the person currently investigating the situation and - nonetheless- a former patient/employee himself. This is what he had to say: “we are very keen on athletics here - and rightly proud of our sporting achievements, nonetheless, we don‘t pay no attention to mind that of conspiracy theory, we‘ve seen nothing of the sort that states otherwise"

Despite all of the turmoil, there seems to be a popular consensus - the old asylum should be shut down
    Whether it will be seems to be another question all together.

I'm AmishGangsta, reporting to you from Sentimental Times, I'll leave you with a few photos we took on the way out of the complex:

Desperation scrapes itself from the walls as the varnish, trying an impossible attempt of escape...but no escape is possible from the lack of hope

---------
    Brought to you by:

1ns4n3 Productions - 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHcunREYzNY

Spoiler:
    Last edited by AmishGangsta : 2010,January 22nd at 01:55 Reason: new years addition
    Duke 1ns4n3: Meet The Team | Sentimental Times | HP 911

So Im just wondering, which 1ns4n3 are we talking about now?? The current one or the previous one.

Talking about the hidden message

So Insane declares on SCUM then... :S
    I'm back... ;)

World 67 - The Shadow Duelist ~ Se7en

uh oh.................

Didn't see that comming...thought that they were more likely to declare on nerd before moving onto scum, r.khan or r.l.

Quote Originally Posted by MESIBA View Post
    Didn't see that comming...thought that they were more likely to declare on nerd before moving onto scum, r.khan or r.l.
    I thought it was quite obvious they'd declare on SCUM. They've been bum-buddies with NERD and R.L for quite a while now.

Edit: Just for reference though; I do hold a lot more respect for 1nS4n3 than I ever will for either SCUM or R.L.
    Quit as of 10/11/10

wait...I think this is the reversed insane...not the one before, but NERD itself...so Nerd is declaring on SCUM...awww...looks like R.L. might declare now

wait...I think this is the reversed insane...not the one before, but NERD itself...so Nerd is declaring on SCUM...awww...looks like R.L. might declare now
    Nope, amish is still in Insane (rank 1) so it must be them declaring.

I saw this happening, told the leadership and all Insane would back up NERD eventually.
    I'm back... ;)

World 67 - The Shadow Duelist ~ Se7en

Just out of curiousity..are you like time-travelling guy who is like a couple of weeks behind us and then relives the same events we had weeks before?
    Quit as of 10/11/10

Oh well i guess NERD cant cry about the numbers of tribe against them now eh?
    Spoiler:

W62 - Org.

Take me back to the City that i love, where the baths are red and the ice is fresh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lNFRLrP014
    Ride or Die - or maybe take a dip in the pool?

Quote Originally Posted by Notoriety* View Post
    I thought it was quite obvious they'd declare on SCUM. They've been bum-buddies with NERD and R.L for quite a while now.

Edit: Just for reference though; I do hold a lot more respect for 1nS4n3 than I ever will for either SCUM or R.L.
    Tough decisions to make, I will confess. However, I've always believed in the notion that, you stick with the people who are loyal to you, and you can never go wrong.

We have no intentions of backstabbing those who have trusted us.

Those crying of some sort of gangbang, heh, the shoes on the other foot, now wear it.
    Last edited by AmishGangsta : 2010,January 19th at 02:16
    Duke 1ns4n3: Meet The Team | Sentimental Times | HP 911

Nothing like abit of Insanity, I like the Clorox touch amish

Ah its great to be Insane: There are no boundaries, no rules and no giving reasons for your actions. We attack who we want in a wild aggression that rips muscle and breaks bone ... and yet through the madness a genius mind is at work, this mind is consumed with insane cunning and winds itself painstakingly into a clock that ticks down the moment until the destruction of the world.

You see we have no limits, we can do whatever we want whichever way we want because we are Insanity at its finest, we are Insane:

SCUM's place is by our feet where it will seep into the sewers along with all the other excrement of the world.
    Last edited by Oddity515 : 2010,January 19th at 02:49

Odd by Name Odd by Nature - Currently playing as Manaroth Bloodstorm on W57

this is the highest amount of posts from 1ns4n3 in the last 2 months...
    Last edited by sirpoofyhair011 : 2010,January 19th at 02:57

forget insane and scum. it will be interesting to see what pro and R.L. do

anyways im glad to see insane doing something. was afraid they were just gonna sit in their corner for a while more. Also it seems that SCUM is the new NERD. just without the two obnoxious leaders in denial.

finally amish! been looking at this P&P for weeks waiting for us to finally make a splash! People think hmmm Insane never talks on the forum.....and the answer is yes not very often! only when we have important things to say!! and it looks as though today we have something of importance to say! Here goes insanity! lol and NERD get back on your feet! ....... oh wait I am NERD.....or am I..... I don't even know anymore!!! lol
    http://forum.tribalwars.net/signaturepics/sigpic83497_4.gif

Time to Insanely Mop Scum out.. Nice post Amish..

Quote Originally Posted by flipsk8ting7 View Post
    Also it seems that SCUM is the new NERD.
    This war has been months in planning and has been organised so that SCUM has no chance of surviving, call it a gang bang, call it unfair, call it under the belt. The true tactician shows no mercy and the instance the grip tightens around the victims throat there is every ounce of pressure that can be mustered.

Whatever it takes to win, that's how to stay strong.

Odd by Name Odd by Nature - Currently playing as Manaroth Bloodstorm on W57

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity515 View Post
    This war has been months in planning and has been organised so that SCUM has no chance of surviving, call it a gang bang, call it unfair, call it under the belt. The true tactician shows no mercy and the instance the grip tightens around the victims throat there is every ounce of pressure that can be mustered.

Whatever it takes to win, that's how to stay strong.
    you mind if i pm that to xmach? i couldnt have put it any better :D

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast