Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

Default Conor's Compilation

Awesome title, right?

Anywho, as we all know, it is nearly every tribe that one joins that one sees a "Guide" section, with members and leaders alike rushing around looking in past worlds and past tribes, and trawling through these forums, looking for guides to teach their members how to play. On World 37, I started a "Training Time" sort of thing with a group of noobs I essentially recruited to my tribe for that purpose, and over time, due to that, wrote quite a fair amount of guides in a very beginner-friendly manner, explaining everything step by step and with pictures, so that they'd learn the basics of this game. I then carried this over to World 43 where I joined on the rim for the sole purpose of training some "noobs", and wrote several more guides.

Now, those of you who know me will probably oh-so-happily point out that I'm not exactly great at start-up, this isn't a guide for that. This is a guide so that you can train your members in the technical aspects of this game (sending trains, splitting trains, etc). These guides were written a while ago, so certain things in them (such as referring to the sub-150 MS trains being illegal) will be out of date. That being said, the majority of the guides on these forums are (somewhat) out of date anyway, but the methods stay the same.

Anyway, I'll include a contents here, and then the guides in separate posts.

Contents:

1. Guide Gallery
    2. Splitting a Train (#1)
    3. Splitting a Train (#2)
    4. How to Send a Noble Train (#1)
    5. How to Send a Noble Train (#2)
    6. Renaming (Tagging) Attacks (#1)
    7. Renaming (Tagging) Attacks (#2)
    8. Premium - The Basics
    9. Dodging

There are a few other things that I'd like to add when I feel in the mood of writing more guides - such as the "T" method for trains, the "Cancel" method for splitting, so on and so forth. Hopefully this topic will go somewhat to relieving the annoyance of finding guides for new tribes, even if they don't use any of the guides written by myself, the Guide Gallery that I put together should be of some use.

Thanks,
    -Conor
    Quit as of 10/11/10

Guide Gallery

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Notoriety* : 2010,May 2nd at 13:57
    Quit as of 10/11/10

Splitting a Train

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Quit as of 10/11/10

Sending a Noble Train

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Quit as of 10/11/10

Renaming (Tagging) Attacks

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Quit as of 10/11/10

Premium - The Basics

Spoiler:
    Quit as of 10/11/10

Dodging

Spoiler:
    Quit as of 10/11/10

Conor, I love you.

And thats all.

Thank you and Good day.

All the above guides are written with BB-Codes that work in game. As such, if a member (or leader) wishes to take any of these guides, all they have to do is quote the guide in question, and copy and paste it into their forums, and the BB codes will also work there.

I also transferred AI's TW Dictionary into In-Game and edited all the BB Codes so that it will work in game, if people would like to use it there (I'll include it at the end of this post).

Yup, I know none of these guides are new, but felt like sharing them anyway, as maybe someone will gain benefit from them.

-Conor

AI's Tw Dictionary - InGame Form

Spoiler:

Edit: Damn you Mo, breaking my ten-post chain.
    Last edited by Notoriety* : 2010,May 2nd at 14:12
    Quit as of 10/11/10

I've been thinking for a while about translating some good TW guides for Croatian servers, as a lot of players there are new to the game, and those who know stuff, tend to not share it and use it to their advantage. I could probably write some of my own, but I would rather they read writings of someone more skilled in this game than I am. What I wanted to ask is whether I should be contacting players who wrote the guides for their permission for the translation? Of course, the players who wrote the guide would be credited for it, and since you just compiled all those guides in one thread, I'll start by asking your permission, and then start hitting the rest of the players, if needed.

Although looking at those walls of text, I'll have something to do for quite longer than I anticipated:|

Quote Originally Posted by Odoakar View Post
    I've been thinking for a while about translating some good TW guides for Croatian servers, as a lot of players there are new to the game, and those who know stuff, tend to not share it and use it to their advantage. I could probably write some of my own, but I would rather they read writings of someone more skilled in this game than I am. What I wanted to ask is whether I should be contacting players who wrote the guides for their permission for the translation? Of course, the players who wrote the guide would be credited for it, and since you just compiled all those guides in one thread, I'll start by asking your permission, and then start hitting the rest of the players, if needed.

Although looking at those walls of text, I'll have something to do for quite longer than I anticipated:|
    I have never had any issue with people sharing guides written by myself, and I have never understood why people have had issues with people doing such. Guides are there to be learnt from, to be shared amongst the community and to benefit the largest audience possible for the betterment of the game as a whole.

So yes, you have permission to use anything of mine here, or that I write in the future.
    Quit as of 10/11/10

I agree completely, and thanks. Time to start making preparations for some translation work then.

Excellent guides. I'm glad someone took the time to write something so useful

My attention span would only be able to last for so long...

Hakhakhehe | w47 & w49

*copies to notebook*

Sweet, thanks, Shlomzi.

Nice work, though. Really. I've written a couple guides for various tribes, and that is a lot of work you put into them here for all of us.
    Spoiler:

[4:55:14 PM] kentster82: try to be like pyker he is spam master

Excellent, excellent (Smithers impersonation). Thanks a lot Conor ) Good for the newbie and some noobies like me ^.^

Very nice Conor.
    Perhaps we could sticky this? I'll read through them all after school
    I be needin' a leet siggeh maker!

Props for sharing them Con.

I have seen the majority of these guides before, but kudos Conor in taking the time to make them clear and easy-to-follow.

That being said; I don't think the sticky is needed. As mentioned, there are alot of these guides lying around. Also, you can just PM DaWolf and ask him to add this to his "Guides Library".
    You gotta risk it to get the biscuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Internal Server Error View Post
    That being said; I don't think the sticky is needed. As mentioned, there are alot of these guides lying around. Also, you can just PM DaWolf and ask him to add this to his "Guides Library".
    Unnecessary, it's being added right now :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast