Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 344142434445464754 ... LastLast
Showing results 861 to 880 of 1518

Quote Originally Posted by Old King Minos View Post
    Here is another take on the top ten tribes... The ranking changes I list are in reference to my previous review five days ago, a few pages back.

Rank 1 (+2) Apathy
    As I noted before, this tribe consists of a group of tightly-knit members that have been planning this world for the better part of the last eight months. It shows - their ODT is terrific, at 200k ahead of the second place holder (they were only 100k ahead five days ago). With Mafiya now out of the way, so to speak, this tribe is now widely the most known and respected premade. They've managed to overtake the previous rank one holder, SHEEPS, with six less members than the latter, and have not let their skirmish with neighboring tribes PEANUT and ~AoH~ deter them from keeping strong. Their current most relevant obstacle is the nearby Sleep, in K56. This tribe will, and should, continue to hold either the rank one or second spot for some time. Let's just hope that H0lly's leadership is more effective than the late sneggy's.
    9/10

Rank 2 (-1) SHEEPS
    I said I wouldn't give this tribe the top spot yet in my first evaluation of the top ten, but now I would, had Apathy not been in the picture. SHEEPS was continuing to hold rank one until just earlier today, actually, but I believe a combination of a few of their members leaving and Apathy recruiting a couple more players knocked them down a place. Nevertheless, they still have a impressive 70k lead over the rank three tribe, DBD. Their 1.23 players/nobeled village ratio is just a tad higher than Apathy's 1.11, and they have slightly less point/player average than them as well. It's safe to say that Apathy is the better tribe here so far, but SHEEPS is definitely in the running for the rank one spot a bit later on. As predicted, they've jumped up in ODT in the last few days, and their performance has been more respected as of late (the mass-recruitment flames have died down ;p). Their clear opposition in the SW is HEAD - we will look for a battle between these two tribes in the near weeks.
    9/10

Rank 3 (+1) DBD
    My understanding is that this tribe has done away with its family branches - a move perhaps to try to quell the public's disapproval of them? It doesn't seem to be working to me; the rumor is that they've simply reenlisted their former family branches as allies, which rather defeats the purpose of disbanding in the first place in my opinion. The main criticism of this tribe so far has been the possibility that the only reason they've remained so high in the rankings is their lack of competition in their K, 65 Not K65 but K45. However, the newly ranked seven tribe, urNEXT, has made an appearance in this K as well. DBD's ODD has had a sharp incline from their rank of 78 five days ago, and their ODT still retains a respectable rank of fifth. I will continue to give this tribe the benefit of the doubt, but this clearly inevitable conflict with urNEXT will make or break their stay in this world. Is their leadership strong enough to prevail? All in all this tribe has improved in my eyes since five days ago; I will up their rating.
    7/10

Rank 4 (+1) Sleep
    I somewhat held my judgement on this tribe in my previous review, noting that despite their high OD they didn't have appropriate growth to remain a strong power for too long. Well, their players/nobeled villages ratio has dropped down to 3, and they continue to hold the number two spot in ODT. I am still waiting for the jump in performance I was hoping for earlier, however. I am rather ignorant to the going-ons in the SE, but while Apathy is coming out strong in Sleep's K56, I cannot say the same about them. Really, if there is not a increase of growth here in the next few days I can't see them continuing to stay in the top five. Their impressive ODT is hampering them, in my opinion. I'm not counting them out yet - let's hope they can pull off some successful victories the in the next week.
    7/10

Rank 5 (Unranked) JAGER
    This tribe certainly had a influx of points in the last five days - do their other stats back it up? Their rank 17 ODT is not terribly impressive, but their 1.83 players/nobeled village ratio and 4.5k point/player average definitely is. They're up in the NW in K43, with the rapidly falling NUTS!. I want to learn more about the conflict between those two tribes, but so far this tribe is looking good to me. They have a few SHEEPS members on the southern front, but lack of other top ten tribes in the NW will give them ample room to expand. I look to see an increase of OD from this tribe, along with a continued stay in the top ten.
    7/10

Rank 6 (No Change) whoa..
    I'll be very frank here: I am not a fan of this tribe. Their ODT has improved to rank 13 since my last review, but even that I find is inappropriately high You mean low. Not high. for a tribe that has been in the top ten for two weeks. Their point/player average is the second lowest in the top ten, and a 3.0 players/nobeled villages isn't looking too much better. As I said before, lack of competition in their K, 65, will likely enable them to stay in the top ten, but I really need to see something more impressive than just a rank for them to earn my respect.
    5/10

Rank 7 (Unranked) urNEXT
    This tribe has moved up to not only take a spot in the top ten, but to challenge the ranked three tribe, DBD, in their home K of 65. However, they have the third lowest point/player average in the top ten, and their 3.2 players/nobeled villages ratio could stand to be better, along with their ODT. Just like with DBD, the fight for control of K65 Not K65 but K45. will determine their fate. At the moment I'm leaning towards DBD's favor, but I'm certainly not counting this tribe out. Let's see what they can prove in the next couple weeks, because so far, they haven't done anything particularly spectacular.
    6/10

Rank 8 (-1) HEAD
    Residing in the SW with SHEEPS, this tribe with the unique crescent spread has surprisingly fallen in ranking in the last five days. However, their rank 4 ODT shows that their troops must be being kept occupied - possibly against SHEEPS? This tribe has a high players/nobeled villages ratio; again, remember that they are a fair distance from the core in comparison to other top ten tribes. Still keeping a constant member count of 38, I will expect to see a jump in rank from this tribe in the coming days.

Rank 9 (Unranked) HEX
    I really don't know much at all about this tribe, but their rank 6 ODT with a low member count and their high point/player average speaks for itself. Completely unthreatened by other top ten tribes up in the direct north of K's 34 and 35, I expect to see this tribe continue to climb the ranks. Their OD shows that they've been busy securing their area and keeping down other tribes. Looking forward to learning more about this tribe and seeing what accomplishments they can add to their resume.
    7/10

Rank 10 (No Change) ~AoH~
    As predicted, this tribe has managed to stay in the top ten during its conflict with Apathy and PEANUT, while the latter has fallen down to rank 11. However, I don't think they'll be able to remain here for too much longer - Apathy will prove too strong for them in my opinion, and ~AoH~'s low point/player average shows that they're possibly carrying too many weaker members. This tribe isn't finished yet, and their strong ODT is not to be ignored, but I think they'll fall a few ranks in the coming days.
    7/10

Rushed the last ones - I have to get going somewhere.
    Edited out some mistakes. But nice review I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by h0llygh0st View Post
    Edited out some mistakes. But nice review I liked it.
    i thought it was k45 but i didn't want to look stupid

Fatal is a great leader
    HAvent been tested?
    Won 4 wars with tribes around the same points of us at the time
    Everyone says urnext is a strong tribe so this will get tested
    o yh
    they accept refugees that have lots of points + no troops
    Last edited by iC o N a L x : 2010,August 23rd at 00:30

I might do the next update and anaylisis tomorrow if you guys wouldn't mind ^^

sure go ahead
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBow8 View Post
    Killy's image-addiction in the forums is one of the things that never change

sheeps are underrated, these are long term players who have the lead in the short term, that doesn't scare anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by hedge clippers View Post
    sheeps are underrated, these are long term players who have the lead in the short term, that doesn't scare anyone else?
    I agree, SHEEPS are underrated in my opinion.

yes it scares the crap out of me... i gotta poop now:/.

but yes there are underrated, maybe because they have been around for ever. but they have the talent to dominate there region. since i don't hate them i will say good luck.

Sheeps seem good. But they are underrated because they have pretty much stayed out of the spotlight, and they have not really done anything to note in game. So there is not much to rate them on so far. However Apathy has had a lot of attention, and so therefore they are rated well.

yes we have way too much attention, what ever happens in the south east is our fault.

It is starting to look that way ain't it :D

as far as i know sheeps will have their spotlight once real war starts no need to be in the spotlight taking out semi to noob tribes such as Evan, Wise, Hungry, Spam, MythII and Try it
    http://forum.tribalwars.net/signaturepics/sigpic14185_5.gif

It is easy to say that. Everyone said Mafiya would take over once full nobles wars started. Now look at em.

You never know what can happen. Too many variables in the future.

matt shhhhh.

anyways I will contribute slightly to this thread. I CBA to do all 20, so I'll just do 1 tribe that everyone is interested in. HEAD.

I'd have to go with a slightly different in-depth analysis and conclusion compared to the one by king minos.

first we can have a look at HEAD's tribe changes. It is very small, like you would expect from a premade, but with almost no recruitment whatsoever. A total of 2 recruits in the month of August, and a total of 5 dismissals since the tribe had people join it on july 27th. (the tribe was created on the 21st but just for the purpose of holding the tag.)

Spoiler:

This lack of recruitment will surely contribute to an early downfall, or major set back. I don't care how awesome the players are. No tribe withstands the test of time. You need new recruits, new blood for survival and longevity in this game.

Secondly it would appear that everybody HATES HEAD. They seem to be under a lot of pressure judging from their points and ODT along with possibly suffering activity issues?

Points tracking:

Spoiler:

Notice all the negatives, and 0's? Dr Octopus hasn't gained a point in 4 days.

Finally, their ODT suggests they are going through hell in their neighborhood.

ODT:
    Spoiler:

That is a lot of carnage for this stage of the world, but to better understand who's on the offensive, who's on the defensive, etc. We need to look at ODA, and ODD individually to get a better understanding on how the tribe is doing.

ODA:
    Spoiler:

The most interesting thing here is that we have daily ODA increases of over 10k, and as high as 41k for several HEAD members, but no village gains for any of those players with ODA spikes. This appears to suggest several failed expansion attempts as well as huge set backs. (Akuma. got an ODA increase of 41,222 in a single day, his main village is over 4k points, but he only has 1 village?) OUCH!

The final statistic that needs to be analyzed is ODD.

ODD:
    Spoiler:

Now I know the ODD doesn't look like much. HEAD isn't killing much while defending, but look at what it shows. The vast majority of HEAD has been attacked this week. The small amounts of ODD they are accumulating, along with their points going down suggests that some of their members are on the defensive trying to assemble SOME defense to protect themselves from catapults.

The question is who? Who is HEAD fighting, and how are things going for both sides? Hopefully we can get HEAD to step in here, and enlighten us on what's going on in the southwest.

To summarize my analysis of HEAD:

Spoiler:

Let me know what YOU think.

~Mhmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhmmm View Post

This lack of recruitment will surely contribute to an early downfall, or major set back. I don't care how awesome the players are. No tribe withstands the test of time. You need new recruits, new blood for survival and longevity in this game.

~Mhmmm.

World 49

Haze and cyrus
    Both in top 15 and havent changed once
    cyrus only has 6 members

Quote Originally Posted by iC o N a L x View Post
    World 49

Haze and cyrus
    Both in top 15 and havent changed once
    cyrus only has 6 members
    ah yes, because world 49 has certainly been around long enough to disprove his point

lol trust

and i just checked and cryus have a few changes and haze has 30 something changes but yh

thats nothing compared to this world already

Quote Originally Posted by mhmmm
    matt shhhhh.

anyways I will contribute slightly to this thread. I CBA to do all 20, so I'll just do 1 tribe that everyone is interested in. HEAD.

I'd have to go with a slightly different in-depth analysis and conclusion compared to the one by king minos.

first we can have a look at HEAD's tribe changes. It is very small, like you would expect from a premade, but with almost no recruitment whatsoever. A total of 2 recruits in the month of August, and a total of 5 dismissals since the tribe had people join it on july 27th. (the tribe was created on the 21st but just for the purpose of holding the tag.)

Spoiler:

Secondly it would appear that everybody HATES HEAD. They seem to be under a lot of pressure judging from their points and ODT along with possibly suffering activity issues?

Points tracking:

Spoiler:

Notice all the negatives, and 0's? Dr Octopus hasn't gained a point in 4 days.

Finally, their ODT suggests they are going through hell in their neighborhood.

ODT:
    Spoiler:

That is a lot of carnage for this stage of the world, but to better understand who's on the offensive, who's on the defensive, etc. We need to look at ODA, and ODD individually to get a better understanding on how the tribe is doing.

ODA:
    Spoiler:

The most interesting thing here is that we have daily ODA increases of over 10k, and as high as 41k for several HEAD members, but no village gains for any of those players with ODA spikes. This appears to suggest several failed expansion attempts as well as huge set backs. (Akuma. got an ODA increase of 41,222 in a single day, his main village is over 4k points, but he only has 1 village?) OUCH!

The final statistic that needs to be analyzed is ODD.

ODD:
    Spoiler:

Now I know the ODD doesn't look like much. HEAD isn't killing much while defending, but look at what it shows. The vast majority of HEAD has been attacked this week. The small amounts of ODD they are accumulating, along with their points going down suggests that some of their members are on the defensive trying to assemble SOME defense to protect themselves from catapults.

The question is who? Who is HEAD fighting, and how are things going for both sides? Hopefully we can get HEAD to step in here, and enlighten us on what's going on in the southwest.

To summarize my analysis of HEAD:

Spoiler:

Let me know what YOU think.

~Mhmmm.
    that was horrible, there no proof in that. all you did was use tribal stats. you have no insie information, no reports.

i give you a 2/10 cause you did put a lot of info but it was just guesses, you dont realy know what there doing. so next time add a little more stuff. and color.

Quote Originally Posted by killy927 View Post
    that was horrible, there no proof in that. all you did was use tribal stats. you have no insie information, no reports.

i give you a 2/10 cause you did put a lot of info but it was just guesses, you dont realy know what there doing. so next time add a little more stuff. and color.
    Actually, that was one of the best analysis I have seen in a while. Nice job. I think it proved without a doubt what is going on in HEAD.

I don't think you need reports, or color..(wha?) to see if a tribe is on the way down. The stats don't lie. I am impressed that HEAD was able to hang onto their members so long, even we at Apathy have almost completely turned over other than our core members but the truth is, some of those members are going inactive and it will hurt HEAD in the long run.

Great post, I would love to see more like it on other tribes.

well i say a good analysis has a map thats shows what k the tribes in, with other details that making better to read. but when you copy and paste stuff from tribal stats its boring to read. and anyone can get stuff from tribal stats. and just because they dont have new member doesn't mean thats bad. maybe there all friends and are very loyal, in some ways that a really good thing to have. but just to say there falling just by looking at there odd and there growth doesn't mean there going to fall.
    so thats why i gave it a low rating.

Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 344142434445464754 ... LastLast