Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 212
    blocked

Can this be stickied please? Its a really good idea and now its going to be a weekly update it should have its place at the top of the forum.

EDIT: Daria aka frailbeauty for W50 Blogger.
    Last edited by Mr Offensive : 2010,September 1st at 11:59

Very good work ;)
    Spoiler:

Favourite forum personality:Lloyd-christmas
    Worst forum personality:Hotroder
    Best tribe (not including your own):School
    Worst tribe:Banned
    Best in-game player:Diamond.Blade (Ground-Zero)
    Worst in-game player:Ubegame
    Most promising tribe:School

cookie
    Last edited by cezar20 : 2010,September 2nd at 10:56

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Offensive View Post
    Can this be stickied please? Its a really good idea and now its going to be a weekly update it should have its place at the top of the forum.
    I think that this will be the second time in my TW history that I agree with Matt
    The Jets are back, hell yeah

blocked

What was the first?

blocked
    I dream of being in KM's bed every night.

Sticky this? Then frail would have to re-edit this. So I might.... have an idea. Maybe a newsletter archive thread maybe ? ;)

2nd Edit: Yes Lordsanchez, possibly :D
    Last edited by im your ally : 2010,September 1st at 12:42

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Offensive View Post
    What was the first?
    I don't remember, but i am going to look through my old posts, coz I remember there being a first..
    Maybe on W49

OT- yes, that would work IYA

Edit: I think IYA edits his posts more than I

Edit#2: I think it's more than a possibility
    Last edited by lordsanchez : 2010,September 1st at 13:58

1ST EDITION
    1st of September 2010

Top 10 Tribes: Map
    Spoiler:
    Top 10 Players: Map
    Spoiler:
    Top 10 Tribes
    Spoiler:
    Top 10 Players
    Spoiler:

CBears vs. HUG - The Saga

Let's start at the very beginning...
    Well if you didn’t see this one coming from a mile away, you haven't been paying attention to the forums at all. It all started way back when HUG was still known as DIY (led by Lord Sanchez and Faaaaark). This was around the time that Orphan had started falling apart, and both CBears and DIY wanted to get a chunk of the talent that once resided in that tribe. Before this happened, DIY and CBears were diplomatically tied. Both Social Suicide (founding leader of CBears) and Faaaaark/Sanchez started looking into possible recruits from the Orphan area on the map. CBears actually recruited a whole chunk of ex-Orphan players, giving their tribe a brand new cluster in the South. DIY felt that CBears had no right to recruit in their territory and that the ex-Orphan recruits belonged to them. They had also just turned on their alliance with Orphan and were most likely planning on going to war with that tribe. Social recruiting in that area was a serious inconvenience to their plans.

Social and Faaaaark approached each other in hopes of coming up with a solution that both tribes could agree on. Social refused to leave the South alone entirely, but was willing to compromise, and drew up some borderlines. I do not know exactly what happened on the night that they talked; all I know is the next day (or perhaps the day after that) there was a ‘CBears vs Faaaaarks Mouth’ thread up on the external forums (clicky here for the thread), where the two of them really had a go at each other. A failed coalition against DIY was brought up, threats of war flew back and forth, personal insults did too. Oh, did I mention the hours and hours of Skype chat logs? For those of you that can honestly say you’ve read that thread from start to finish, I commend you. The rest of us, though, could not keep up, and felt it went in circles; the same points being argued over and over again - never really coming to a conclusion. The thread died down eventually (it was later closed altogether) and most of W50 were clearly waiting for a DIY vs CBears war. A cold war commenced.

DIY no more
    I must not forget to mention Orphan’s (=300=’s) involvement in all this. At the start of things Astronomy and his tribe were deeply hated by both DIY and CBears. However, he claims that he had approached CBears hoping to join them (with a few of the other =300= members). He stated that he wished to fight alongside the bears in the fight against DIY. If this is indeed true, then I imagine it must have come as quite a shock to Social when =300= started merging into DIY. This shock was nothing compared to the one that followed.

DIY disbanded on the 22nd of August, leaving the rest of the world in complete shock. Ask anyone, and they will tell you they viewed DIY as a solid, tight-knit tribe with no chances of disbanding. The official statement from one of the founding leaders was the following:
    Spoiler:

The formation of HUG
    HUG was originally formed simply as a holding tribe. After I left DIY, Handyman and Nutter followed and invited me to the tribe. I was planning on leaving this world, and I just joined to mess around while I finished some conversations. When DIY started to collapse, invites began to be sent to some of the players that had left, just to have a forum to converse, and it just developed from there. For myself, the deciding factor for leaving DIY was simply that I didn't want to be in a tribe with people I didn't get along with. So HUG's member list came about from people that were active and got along (I'm not saying that every other ex-DIY player was disliked, location always plays a key role).
    We don't have a main leader. Being a duke is a full time job, and the smaller the leadership group, the more pressure on them. Our council consists simply of a few very active players that know each other well, and were willing to step into that position. None of us are power hungry, so it suits our situation to share the responsibilities.
    -Lloyd-Christmas (Council Member of HUG)
    Surprisingly enough, when HUG was initially formed, they did not have any intentions of going to war with CBears (or at least that was my impression - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Sanchez and Social had become quite friendly on the forums, and Sanchez even joined CBears for a short period of time (jokingly, of course). All was well until two members from the newly founded HUG left the tribe and joined CBears. Obviously, the average forum-goer is more familiar with the Ubegame scenario. This player left the tribe and apparently launched attacks at one of the members HUG. The unofficial war started there.

The Declaration
    CBears were the first to declare on HUG. The declaration thread can be found here. It was definitely something different. Some ratings were very negative while other people really liked the originality of a .gif poster. Of course a flame war commenced on the declaration thread. HUG accused CBears of rushing a declaration to beat theirs, working with JPEG in the war, and sending noobish fakes. This caused pages and pages of arguments, and none of these accusations were proven to be true.

The War

Map-->
    Spoiler:

So, HUG, why will you win this war and not CBears?
    "Some of the people leading the tribe are a Dumb and Dumber character, A dyslexic and a Canadian. How could we not win? In seriousness, HUG came to be solely for the purpose of warring. This conflict landed quickly in our lap, and the activity in our tribe has spiked dramatically. We have old friends pouring in asking for front line accounts to help out. I believe we've already shown our capability to capitalize on opportunities. In addition, we've come into the conflict prepared which sets us up for success. All I hope that this ends up being a long, fun war. Good luck to both sides." - Metal Wizz-Snips

So, CBears, why will you win this war and not HUG?
    "CBears is all Welsh and HUG is all sheep. The rest writes itself." - Zalem

Let's look at some stats, shall we?
    Spoiler:
    Now. I will not be one to take away from HUG’s current lead. They’re far ahead with ennoblements, and they're also getting revenge on their traitor. Every one of these villages has been taken from their former tribemate - Ubegame. Ubegame have been continuously flamed for their inability to dodge and counter attack, so the stats do not come as a surprise, and simply confirm the accusations. The main player of the account has used real life obligations as an explanation for the losses he has suffered. Since this is a long range war, it will be interesting to see how much damage CBears can cause to HUG in this coming week. As of now though, HUG have gotten a head start.

Predictions?
    Getting to the top rank in the world is not an easy task. It does not matter in which they did it (recruitment or not); CBears hold their current position by a wide margin. Also, the amount of skill and experience in that tribe is undeniable. The same goes for HUG, but at this point they seem to be outnumbered. I do believe we will see a drastic change in the statistics over the course of the next two weeks. I do not think it's possible to tell who will be victorious at this point. It's expected that this war will drag on for quite some time. Both sides are filled with stubborn players (I mean this in the nicest way). Neither will go down without a fight. I don’t expect to see this one ending in hugs and cuddles (regardless of the tribal tags). This war should be thoroughly interesting for those that are directly involved, as well as the rest of the world..

Underdogs of the Week: 24SINS
    It is very seldom that anything interesting should happen on the rim, so it came as a pleasant surprise to the W50 community when 24SINS declared on FAITH earlier this week (thread here). The declaration was nice. Not too long, not too short - straight to the point and neat. I decided to interview one of the leaders of the tribe to gain a bit more insight. Clicky the spoiler for the interview
    Spoiler:

The Survey Section

Some of you may or may not have noticed that a forum-goer by the name of Kreamer has been doing survey threads for us lately. I must say, I loved the idea and am now incorporating it into this thread. However, I do believe there was one thing that was unfair about Kreamer’s surveys: he was the one that came up with a list of candidates for each section. Not on my watch! In my surveys only those personalities and tribes that have been nominated will get a mention. All my readers get to nominate a player of their choice for each of the categories (provided they follow the rules below, of course). Next week I will post a survey link based on the results of the nominations, where everyone will be able to vote for the winners.
    Rules:
    Spoiler:
    Nomination Form:
    Spoiler:

Don't worry SchOol! I haven't forgotten about you guys Next week's feature has your name written all over it!
    Last edited by Pudgy Panda : 2010,September 9th at 17:51
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable
    that we have to alter it every six months.

- Oscar Wilde

blocked
    I dream of being in KM's bed every night.

I've already made one o.O

Quote Originally Posted by im your ally View Post
    I've already made one o.O
    Nice
    But I'm still going to have an archive on my own thread too (I don't plan on starting any new threads for this letter; all editions will be posted here and links will be provided in the very first post).

- Oscar Wilde

blocked

Edit the first post with the new one. Let the archive thread have the old ones and this one the latest editions. Thats the point of it all no?

Quote Originally Posted by UNFORGIV3N View Post
    Best tribe (not including your own): ~Swag (little tribe doing big things)
    Its a shame they merged to finish the war off tho...

anyways...
    Favourite forum personality: RedHunter
    Worst forum personality: Spankthis (remember him )
    Best tribe (not including your own): The top 3 is just amazing, cant decide
    Worst tribe: Smart, I mean Muffin no wait they are Honor now
    Best in-game player:
    myhammerisbig
    Worst in-game player: jeeja
    Most promising tribe: Hug

Oreo... i mean chips-ahoy... no wait... cookies in general
    Keep It Trollin' Trollin' Trollin' Monkey!

Since Faaaaark seems to be one of the most hated on this forum, I thought that this would be relevant.

View Poll Results: Who is them most hated player since the start of the world? (W41)
    Faaaaark 30 29.13%
    dos2 12 11.65%
    shark79 14 13.59% (Mr offensive)
    MpMp 11 10.68%
    dwilkes 2 1.94%
    lordsanchez 15 14.56%
    Other (please specify) 19 18.45%

People love to hate me. I'm okay with that.
    People love to hate Sanchez too. I'd assume he is okay with that too.

But let's also mention that OCD was voted the toughest and most feared tribe. I think all of OCD was okay with that.
    And who was voted the best Duke in W41?
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcom22 View Post
    He's a loose cannon on the edge and he plays by nobody's rules but his own, but dammit, he gets the job done!

Quote Originally Posted by faaaaark View Post
    People love to hate me. I'm okay with that.
    People love to hate Sanchez too. I'd assume he is okay with that too.

But let's also mention that OCD was voted the toughest and most feared tribe. I think all of OCD was okay with that.
    And who was voted the best Duke in W41?
    I know you do, just as i do...
    Hmmm, the best duke was the duke of PWN j/k

This be W50
    W50 - Hahah123 - ODA
    W65 - Illuminati Puppet. - Wobble
    W69 - wetToiletseat - Party

Quote Originally Posted by rizzla09 View Post
    This be W50
    I must have got mixed up coz I'm posting on both...

Favourite forum personality: Arrow
    Worst forum personality: Faaaark
    Best tribe (not including your own): HUG seem to be doing good in the war
    Worst tribe: seVen
    Best in-game player: Dont know yet
    Worst in-game player: n/a
    Most promising tribe

Cookie :P
    W50 - Hahah123 - ODA
    W65 - Illuminati Puppet. - Wobble
    W69 - wetToiletseat - Party

Great thread! Nice job getting both sides of the story Daria!

And I got a mention in the survay! Woot

Here is mine...

Favourite forum personality: Frailbeauty
    Worst forum personality: Astro
    Best tribe (not including your own): School
    Worst tribe: Faith
    Best in-game player: Zalam
    Worst in-game player: Astro
    Most promising tribe: JPEG

Cookie
    Last edited by RedHunter : 2010,September 1st at 16:25
    W65-TheBossPig

Quote Originally Posted by RedHunter View Post
    Favourite forum personality: Loyd if I have to pick someone outside my tribe.
    NOTE: You have to vote for other tribes in the tribal nominations, but it is allowed to vote for tribemates for the personality/gamer sections. I did not make that as clear as I should have in the rules. Will edit it now. So, Nick, you are free to choose someone in your own tribe as favourite personality (if you wish).

- Oscar Wilde

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast