Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 120

Default The End of CBears

It has been over a week since the departure of our former duke, Social Suicide, and the council of CBears have finally come to a final decision. CBears will be ending as a tribe.

Myself and Zalem took on the role of leadership after SS left, and at first we were quite optimistic and eager to try and fix things. With each passing day we started to realize how much of a burden leading the tribe would actually be. Internal polls and discussions brought many truths to the surface. Which truths were these? We had approximately 20 members out of the original 50+ that were still loyal to the tribe and wished to continue. These loyals were spread across the map in the most inconvenient way, and some of them had also been the cause of tensions with other neighbouring tribes (these had been pending dismissal before the SS had left). The rest of the tribe was filled with inactives, and others that had already jumped ship to other tribes (or were planning on doing so).

Now, in theory, we could have opened up recruitment to fill the gaps on the map, dismissed those that were pending dismissal, and elected a council to help share the burden. However, with the current on-going war with HUG, these things were next to impossible to accomplish efficiently. A tribe and its leadership can only focus on so many things at once, and when there is that much internal damage – fighting a war at the same time is not going to help matters at all. Most of the members were either uncooperative, seriously demoralized, or too far away to help offensively (in an efficient manner, at least). We approached HUG, hoping to end the war or at least put it on hold until we got our act together. They refused. Rightfully so, they are winning and backing down now would serve them no benefits.

I personally spent a lot of time dwelling on all the options, weighing up which course of action would be best to take. I made a list of all the things that would need to be done in order to keep the tribe barely afloat, and that list alone made me choke with pressure. After thinking it over I came to the conclusion that announcing the official end of CBears was the best option.

Many might see this as us escaping the war with HUG, but this is not the case at all. Our members still have villages in their domain, and this will not change regardless of which tribe they join. Either way battles will still have to be fought, or consequences made.

As with any large scale decision, there will always be those who support it as well as those that oppose it. While most of the members have understood the necessity behind the ending of the tribe, there are still those that view this decision to be a mistake. Within the week most of the members will have left to join other tribes.

Some have brought up the idea of reformation, but personally neither myself or Zalem are interested in partaking in those types of plans.

Whichever path they choose to take, I wish my guys the best of luck, and I’m sincerely sorry that it had to end this way.
    -Frail
    Last edited by Pudgy Panda : 2010,September 21st at 21:05
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable
    that we have to alter it every six months.

- Oscar Wilde

Cya CBears, Must have been a very hard decision for you to make.
    W50 - Hahah123/Jagermeifter - ODA
    W65 - Illuminati Puppet. - Wobble
    W69 - wetToiletseat - Party
    HP - ChildishSoullessPadawan - BFF

Quote Originally Posted by FrailBeauty View Post

Our members still have villages in their domain, and this will not change regardless of which tribe they join.
    I beg to differ.
    They are in the process of being catted to 116 point villages(ask covert) and the rest will be nobled, including D.chaplin and jon1225, who has decided to try and "fight" back now.

edit: and to add, it doesn't matter what tag they are under, they will still be attacked.
    The Jets are back, hell yeah

tribe come, tribe go..

nothing new under sun

Yous not allowed to give up.

best of luck to the bears, were a good force while they laste, and i did expect them to be world beaters

rip bears :(

Well done SS.

Sorry for the rest our there.

Nothing ended yet till it [END]s

GL to all.
    "I am not afraid of an army of Lions led by a sheep, I'm afraid of an army of sheep led by a Lion"

This didn't really come as suprise.

Good luck to the active ex-CBears.

Nice job SS.
    Quited Tribalwars in game & forums.
    Changed password so won't remember it again,
    won't be seeing me here again, bye.

Nice job SS

Bye bye Carebears!

A pity we never got the fight out of you we were hoping for.
    I suppose this is the official victory of HUG then, with JPEG and Cbears dead.

I still think our declaration on you would have been funnier...
    Checking it I noticed a funny fact: none of the mentioned players are still active in this world.
    Admittedly, it was a tryout and with Cbears jumping the gun and all I never finished it, so just for chizzles I'm gonna post part of it anyways.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by tC05 View Post
    Nice job SS
    Hurray, double post. Pardon me asking, but weren't you SS's official suckup until not so long ago?

Nice 'declaration' Jonathan, loved it! :D *hugs*

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan1979 View Post
    Hurray, double post. Pardon me asking, but weren't you SS's official suckup until not so long ago?

Mine was ironically

Like well done you sucked big time killing a potential tribe in less then 3-4 weeks.Even my dog would have done better.
    "I am not afraid of an army of Lions led by a sheep, I'm afraid of an army of sheep led by a Lion"

I present this thread with the coveted fail whales award:
    Spoiler:

( )

Quote Originally Posted by Astronomy View Post
    Mine was ironically

Like well done you sucked big time killing a potential tribe in less then 3-4 weeks.Even my dog would have done better.
    I got that. That's why I quoted Tc05. I wouldn't accuse you of sucking up to SS.

Was a good tribe despite what some people say and I had fun
    http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4029/smexynoob.jpg

I had fun in the cbear chats and stuff and I sent tons of support to help the tribe out. So I have no complaints. Thank you Daria for attempting to keep the tribe alive and I respect what you decided. SS screwed us over. Enough said about that.
    W65-TheBossPig

Quote Originally Posted by RedHunter View Post
    I had fun in the cbear chats and stuff and I sent tons of support to help the tribe out. So I have no complaints. Thank you Daria for attempting to keep the tribe alive and I respect what you decided. SS screwed us over. Enough said about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by penchalreddy77
    im trying to make a point but look really stupid.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast