Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 49

Default Repinski's Village and Troop Build Guide

Alright everyone, this is currently the only guide I have made and it is ONLY for worlds that have the following settings. This guide is also not an early game guide but more of a generalization guide that explains builds and a few basic strategies from those builds. It does not go in depth on how to wage a war using them.

NOTE: Last edited July 3rd, 2013.

• Church
    • Archers and Mounted Archers
    • Simple Tech
    • Coins
    • Paladin
    • Advanced Weapons

So now with that out in the open here is the guide....

I was asked to type up a guide so to call it some time ago (Over two and a half years ago now) by Jonbon from !UN! in w48 while I was a member there. It has been floating around in a few tribes in w48 and was in my w54 tribe as well. This guide is aimed at people new to the settings the guide is designed for. This guide requires the use of a specific village build to make it work out properly. I warn you all that this will be a long guide, but it has also been highly researched and I personally developed it for the settings it is designed for. I suppose I should quit with the rambling and get to work.

The Village Build.
    Spoiler:

Troop Builds.
    Spoiler:

I am sorry for the length of this guide but as you can tell from the content inside this guide it is well researched and very effective. I made this build specifically for worlds with these settings and so I can assure you it is accurate. I hope you all enjoy it.

Regards,
    ~Repinski
    Last edited by Repinski : 2013,July 4th at 01:06

i find having 10 hiding place and 5 workshop in all villages without any church
    6 hiding place and 5 workshop for villages with a lvl 3 church
    and 2 hiding place and 6 workshop for the first church

also works perfectly =)
    (i dont use lvl 2)

and academy for packet worlds is either 2 or 3 depending on preference (i use lvl 3)

and i disagree with some of your builds... but that is entirely a matter of preference so i wont dispute them ;)
    Last edited by Lambert21 : 2010,December 28th at 17:47

You also then have a higher point value in your villages and therefor have a lower morale on smaller people. Those few points don't seem to add up early on but they do late game.

Quote Originally Posted by repinski View Post
    You also then have a higher point value in your villages and therefor have a lower morale on smaller people. Those few points don't seem to add up early on but they do late game.
    lol tbh that doesnt really matter to me personally. i know it will for some, but i havent got all that many small players around me. and at almost 6m points the smaller players even with their morale boost dont really stand a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert21 View Post
    lol tbh that doesnt really matter to me personally. i know it will for some, but i havent got all that many small players around me. and at almost 6m points the smaller players even with their morale boost dont really stand a chance
    Take a look at w33. I hear people complaining all the time there about the 2 or 3 mil players in the war (w33 is in a state of world war that's why I say the) that normally would be dead but survive due to the morale boosts.

Thanks for sharing. I'm an old unit player plus with no church worlds past start up so not looked into things.

I may have to at last put all my thoughts in a guide

i like you bus, am an old unit player, so would be grateful if someone wanted to share some of their secrets. *hint hint*

but for a church world nub like myself that is brilliant, thanks

What a poor guide you suck repinski :D

Nice work .

I use most of these and yes as a w33 player morale sucks even on guys 2-3 million :L
    W33 - Mavarok - Hawks

W57 - Xenthyl - Happy!

i want a bunker buster :p
    very happy to see the low MA numbers in your builds too
    ~Custom sigs, CoA, avatars 200PP in advance. Satisfaction guaranteed.~
    Link to 'galeria de mina'

Congratulations on the guide.

Interesting read, thanks for sharing.
    Spoiler:

Thanks to Seigneurdemort, a good friend of mine, the numbers for the church builds have now been worked out. I'll let her give the reasoning for the single axe/spear/sword/archer.

Thanks to Seigneurdemort, a good friend of mine, the numbers for the church builds have now been worked out. I'll let her give the reasoning for the single axe/spear/sword/archer.
    Well the main reason to have a barrack unit is so your village can have that shiny 24000 farm. I personally would go with an axe though. The reason being that it is an axe..and it moves at axe speed...Can use it as an odd fake if need be. I do understand that you could also use a Spear or and Archer for this as they move at the same rate...but for me having an axe in a church village will remind me that it can be used as a fake...oh and I also hope that if I was to be account sat and had that build I hope the first thought of my sitter would be "random axe is random? o.O".

for church villes people often turn them into def villes, because as off theyre pretty weak... but another idea (one which i subscribe to) is to make your church villages all scout villes.

i put 3k scouts and 300 catapults in every church village (and my first church has like 9kish lol) works out pretty well for me =)

MAs be useless in mid-late game nukes, all nukes only evarrr need 213 rams, wall busters aint effective and just a waste o' farm space.

ye fergot market... what level do ye put that up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Repinski
    "The 25 Catapults are there for one reason and one reason alone. Catting the rally point. Specifically useful in front of a noble train it makes the send/recall method of sniping much harder then if they have the rally point still in tact. Yes I know it takes roughly 5 minutes to rebuild a rally point but in a properly timed noble train with clearing nuke that is 4 minutes and 59 seconds to late."
    Thats making the assumption that they cancel 1 second before the attack hits :|

Personally I often time a nuke 3-4 minutes before my train hits to spank the rally point, that way they cant snipe with this method at all unless they have sent and canceled before the nuke hits. On the reverse side it also means I tend to snipe a lot earlier than 1 second before the noble as this is a safer bet when using this method.

This nuke should be sent first on a large stack. I am talking say 20k spears and swords with 10k archers.
    Interesting idea you have of a "large" stack there

This defensive build is weaker the the General Defense build but it can also be produced faster and can arrive as support much faster even if the General Defense is split into 2 waves because Heavy Cavalry still travel faster then Spears and Archers. This Build contains 300 Scouts and 3,353 Heavy Cavalry. Pretty simple really.
    I may be mistaken but it seems to me your suggesting a pure HC build with a few hundred scouts. This build will provide faster support but I am surprised you haven't put any spears in it. Even with just 2k spears and 3k HC roughly it will be a better def. Although it will be slower.

Anyhow just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Fino the Fruity View Post
    MAs be useless in mid-late game nukes, all nukes only evarrr need 213 rams, wall busters aint effective and just a waste o' farm space.

ye fergot market... what level do ye put that up to?
    The market is up there. Look again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallam View Post
    Thats making the assumption that they cancel 1 second before the attack hits :|

Most players do snipe 1 second before. Especially earlier in the game.

Personally I often time a nuke 3-4 minutes before my train hits to spank the rally point, that way they cant snipe with this method at all unless they have sent and canceled before the nuke hits. On the reverse side it also means I tend to snipe a lot earlier than 1 second before the noble as this is a safer bet when using this method.

I also time my nukes with the noble train to stop the sniping.

Interesting idea you have of a "large" stack there

At the 20-30 village stage it is a large stack and that is when I wrote this guide. I said I wrote it some time ago just never published didn't I?

I may be mistaken but it seems to me your suggesting a pure HC build with a few hundred scouts. This build will provide faster support but I am surprised you haven't put any spears in it. Even with just 2k spears and 3k HC roughly it will be a better def. Although it will be slower.

Obviously there would be closer range support being sent also that would include Spears and archers. This is just to get quickly to hold off any pending attack while the slower support arrives. Say your stack just got cleared in some front line villages, you'd want to get some support there to hold the village while the real support, the stronger support gets there. That's where the HC come in.

Anyhow just my 2 cents.
    Answers inside.

Most players do snipe 1 second before. Especially earlier in the game.

I also time my nukes with the noble train to stop the sniping.

At the 20-30 village stage it is a large stack and that is when I wrote this guide. I said I wrote it some time ago just never published didn't I?

Obviously there would be closer range support being sent also that would include Spears and archers. This is just to get quickly to hold off any pending attack while the slower support arrives. Say your stack just got cleared in some front line villages, you'd want to get some support there to hold the village while the real support, the stronger support gets there. That's where the HC come in.
    1. I snipe minutes before. The cancel method requires you snipe as many times as possible, to make sure you did it right
    2. No problems there
    3. Erm no, at 20-30 village a large stack would be 10-20K HC and 50-75K sp
    4. I actually like the pure HC cluster/stack, but I think you may be thinking about it wrongly
    My username has no bearing on my posts, sadly. I really am quite egotistical.

[2/12/2011 8:39:38 PM] Jon / Morthy: ah shit, now im rank 1

Quote Originally Posted by A humble player View Post
    1. I snipe minutes before. The cancel method requires you snipe as many times as possible, to make sure you did it right
    I'll give that one to you because I'm not as experienced with the cancel method as I'd like to be.
    2. No problems there
    No issues.
    3. Erm no, at 20-30 village a large stack would be 10-20K HC and 50-75K sp
    This was based as if there was no outside support which obviously it would be. Does it really matter what I used for the numbers though? The principle is the same and the numbers would continue to use the same ratio no matter the size of the stack.
    4. I actually like the pure HC cluster/stack, but I think you may be thinking about it wrongly
    I might be, but it works.
    Answers inside.

Nice guide Repinski
    Last edited by King Sean04 : 2011,January 2nd at 05:58
    Spoiler:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast