Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Default w42 Blog Contest #1 - Create A Unit

Be creative! Have fun! Win free premium points! Get (slightly) famous!

CREATE THE MOST EPIC-AWESOME-SAUCE UNIT EVER!

Pretty simple. What unit would be the most epic-awesome-sauce ever? This could be something serious, like a trebuchet that acts as a souped-up catapult. Alternatively, choose something completely ludicrous like a giant slug to assault your enemies (see the example). Perhaps the game really needs flying magicians, or maybe just a humble and undervalued shield-bearer. Take your pick, and tell the world!

Entries must include:
    1. Unit name [self-explanatory]
    2. About [general idea of stats, recruiting, strategy]
    3. Paladin weapon [name, bonuses]
    4. Why this unit is the most epic-awesome-sauce ever [your final pitch to voters]

Rules:
    1. All entries must follow forum/in-game rules.
    2. All entrants must play on w42, and in-game names must be told for prem to be awarded.
    3. All entries must be posted in this thread. One entry per person.
    4. Minimum of 4 entries required for the competition to go ahead. (So yes, there will be a loser. I'll also try to think up a good consolation prize though.)
    5. Have fun. Any entrant who does not have fun will be disqualified. Believe me, I'll know. How? You don't want to ask...

Voting:
    The entry period closes August 9 at 23:59. Voting for the most epic-awesome-sauce unit ever will start a few days later (once I bug kdeb to make a poll) and last for three days. Bloggers will do any necessary tie-breaking.

Prizes:
    1st prize - 200 pp
    2nd prize - 100 pp
    3rd prize - 50 pp
    Winning entries will be featured in the blog, along with a bit of bonus stuff.

Example:
    Spoiler:

General other notes:
    - No, this does not mean these units will show up in the game. Yes, I do have to say this because I've seen people assume in other blog contests that their suggestions would actually be taken seriously.
    - Please ask for any clarifications you need. My mind is somewhat addled right now.
    Last edited by DruidEarth : 2011,August 11th at 16:55
    Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not all right, then it is not yet the end.

I might edit the idea and specs of this entry, but I thought I would give the tread a bit of a poke.

1. Siege tower or alternate name of Belfry

2. Gives an attack bonus to all attacking troops. Recruiting time needs to be very high, perhaps around 90 minutes. It should require heavy wood and iron resources to recruit. When properly recruited as part of a balanced nuke, it will provide an even attack bonus for your troops. Just building more siege engines wil not add more of an attack bonus. Meaning, you cannot build 1k Belfrys, and 1 axe and assume it will kill everything. I would suggest a ratio based on population per siege engine.

3. Pally weapon gives additional attack bonus or it could offer a decrease effectiveness on walls. Call it Helepolis' Taker of Cities, and use the banner or shield currently in the pally room as decoration.

4. Siege towers were very widely used during Medieval times. The construction time of such units was typically quite long, however, the protection they offered to advancing troops was immeasurable. By shielding troops such as archers, and catapults, attackers could approach the defending fortress with less loss of life, and quickly gain the walls. I think the workshops should have more than two items capable of being built. In addition, catapults used to provide an attack and defensive bonus, which was a decent idea. However, proportional with other troops, that gave acts a huge advantage for building them, instead of a balanced one. By adding the Belfrys, players can increase the effectiveness of their nukes, especially if they take the time to learn what ratios work best in their builds.
    Last edited by queenangel : 2011,August 11th at 16:44
    http://forum.tribalwars.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=80935&dateline=128355  7309

I feel this thread should have pics. Becah, find pics for the ideas ;)
    [2:15:08 AM] Seasoup: they say one angry texan = ten atomic bombs
    [2:15:43 AM] Karmaeffectd: I'd rephrase as one angry Amanda= twenty atomic bombs
    [2:15:46 AM] Karmaeffectd: More accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Casus Belli View Post
    I feel this thread should have pics. Becah, find pics for the ideas ;)
    This was indeed a part of the plan. I might bug the GFX forum to see if anyone there is inspired to make some. We'll see how that works out.
    Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not all right, then it is not yet the end.

Unit: FairyPrincesS 0_o

effect: C cup, pink lace wearer
    Whilst defending 10% chance of converting/dispersing 20% of enemy attacking army before battle takes place+ adds 5% to luck
    whilst attacking 10% chance of converting/dispersing 20% of enemies defending troops before battle takes place + 5% to luck

Pally item: Naughty Fairy wings of fancy :p - converts Fairy princess to Sexy Fairy godmother status, cup size goes from c to d. black lace as opposed to pink lace and oh yeah doubles the effects seen above.

res cost: 10million of each res which is payable interest free over a 5 day period :p
    1 week build time, 1 fairy princess per player and 1 fairy princess allowed in a village at any one time, they are very territorial dont you know :p

population/farm requirements: Twos company, threes more company
    Fairy princess stats are: 36-24-36

Fairy princess
    Spoiler:

Sexy fairy Godmother
    Spoiler:

Oh and my entry is for world peace, Its what all the fairy princess' of the world would want :p
    Last edited by shanemn : 2011,August 2nd at 05:30
    "C:\Users\Shane\sephiroth.jpg"

Forum appropriate ones please <3
    [2:15:43 AM] Karmaeffectd: I'd rephrase as one angry Amanda= twenty atomic bombs

Lol something tells me that one would be questionable at best, but I think it'd also be a favorite in-game
    W16 - C² - Crosamich WON W55 - 4zl? - WhoWantsToBeMyFarm
    W45 - Omen - Heinrichs WON W59 - PITA - BlackRoseShard

I rather like the FairyPrinces unit. It also appears to be within the parameters of the contest as it is original, fun and he has included all four required elements. It should be allowed. Furthermore, I would like to see a few more entries just as creative as Shanemns.
    http://forum.tribalwars.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=80935&dateline=128355  7309

Unit: Nerdy Freak

About [general idea of stats, recruiting, strategy] - Nerdy guy, can bypass walls, bypass up to 50k troops total in the village, lowers village loyalty by 99 for each attack. 1mil of each resource type, 1337 hours to recruit, and sent like a paladin. One unit per player.

Paladin weapon [name, bonuses] - Smartphone-like object - Adds .5 to the loyalty lowering capacity [for those who are nerds and get my Magic the Gathering reference] so a total of 99.5 loyalty lowering. Allows accompanying troops to move as if a teleporter is available. Also ups the village loyalty to 1k after the village is taken :p

Why this unit is the most epic-awesome-sauce ever [your final pitch to voters] - Because when you lower the loyalty of a village, and then find it stacked, you can use this unit to quickly take the village and keep it from the enemy. Besides, it represents me :p

ingame name: PureOG

Quote Originally Posted by shanemn View Post
    Unit: FairyPrincesS 0_o
    !
    Great idea...

Ven, you know you will always be my fairy princess :p

Happy birthday for the other day too btw, you making a comeback?
    "C:\Users\Shane\sephiroth.jpg"

OK, the fairy princes would get my vote if we are able to have more than 1, I would even give up my paladin to create space for another....

1 of each form would be great, glad godmother is as far as it goes though
    Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow they may make it illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by shanemn View Post
    Ven, you know you will always be my fairy princess :p

Happy birthday for the other day too btw, you making a comeback?

lol you still effecting me gentleman... Thank you...

nope just looking around and missing TW...

Comeon you guys, lets get some more entries. Whoever puts a unicorn in theirs wins my vote.

Unit: The GINGER Ninja

A STEALTH unit, able to fly in through the window of your barracks and kill all your troops before you can say 'Wha'. Disappears into the night again as quick as his little Ginger legs can carry him.

He's an uber awesome attacker at the night time, but a bit cack during the day. Prone to losing his temper alot and doing stuff like having a monster strop and disappearing for a few days. Makes up for it with his nimbleness attacking.

Weapon: Samurai Sword, Shurikan Star, Long Staff and many many more.

Special attribute:

Able to use his pasty white skin and glow in the dark hair to blind his enemies during the day just long enough for him to whip his chopper out and cut em up If that fails he loses his temper and headbutts them.

Based on my ex Mrs (the demon woman from hell) and my 12yr old son, who is training jujitsu
    It's been emotional...

Reminder that the contest ends at 23:59 st on the 9th (tomorrow). That's 22:59 standard forum time. Any final entries need to be submitted before then.

Four entries so far:
    queenangel
    shanemn
    Shukketsu
    3lite mage

Comeon, lets get some more ppl! It's free stuff, how can you not wants that?

Quote Originally Posted by 3lite mage View Post
    Unit: The GINGER Ninja

A STEALTH unit, able to fly in through the window of your barracks and kill all your troops before you can say 'Wha'. Disappears into the night again as quick as his little Ginger legs can carry him.

He's an uber awesome attacker at the night time, but a bit cack during the day. Prone to losing his temper alot and doing stuff like having a monster strop and disappearing for a few days. Makes up for it with his nimbleness attacking.

Weapon: Samurai Sword, Shurikan Star, Long Staff and many many more.

Special attribute:

Able to use his pasty white skin and glow in the dark hair to blind his enemies during the day just long enough for him to whip his chopper out and cut em up If that fails he loses his temper and headbutts them.

Based on my ex Mrs (the demon woman from hell) and my 12yr old son, who is training jujitsu

/offended

watch yo self.

Quote Originally Posted by Casus Belli View Post
    Comeon you guys, lets get some more entries. Whoever puts a unicorn in theirs wins my vote.
    I'll buy that for a dollar

The Sultry Legion of Unicorn Traveling Sirens

They climbin in your windows.. snatchin yo people up

The Sultry Legion of Unicorn Traveling Sirens is an undead unit giving it a 50 percent attack increase after the sun goes down. Any player registered as a male will see a 20 percent decrease in wall defense and a 30 percent decrease in unit defense.

The Sirens unique ability is enemy troop conversion in defense. In any attack with positive luck factor from a defending village with the Sultry Legion will convert 1 enemy troop for every 10 S.Legion of U.Traveling Sirens.

Pally Weapon: Eve's vice - A clamp style weapon that allows the equipped paladin to give an additional 20 percent conversion bonus.

Contest entries closed. In a day or so, I'll figure out poll stuff with Casus or kdeb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast