Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: W59 Guide

Beitrag W59 Guide

BP(beginner protection) is going out. If you are new or played the game but not good i advice you to build defensive troops mainly spear.When BP is out don't rush with lets say 300 spear clearing one villa try to get more to clear because you can clear one wile another player scouts you and saw that you are weak and he will clear you.
    So I wrote this to survive at least 2 weeks 'cus later after like 5 days people are going to restart.
    My guide:
    Starting out
    Part 1

Try to 1st get your resources because the higher the level the more troops you can get faster.First i would say all to 5 but wood 6

Then get your warehouse to level 3 so you can store more if you are not on much then get it to level 5.
    After that get your HQ to 3.
    Build barracks to level 1
    Then upgrade farm to 5(gets you 448 as max population for farm)
    Then get about 15 troops plus your 5 in the start makes 20 if you have less then just try to get 20.And don’t farm.
    Get your recourses to level 10 and wood to 11 or 12.
    Get your warehouse to 6 or 8 if offline more.
    After that get your HQ to 5
    Then Build a Smithy.
    Build wall to level 5.
    Build a market to level 3.
    Build a statue.(only after BP is out)
    Then get 80 more spears. Total count 100 spears.
    Farm the barbs around your 7x7(only)
    Get farm to level 8 and Get your warehouse to level 10
    Get 100 sword (they are better than spear on farming)
    Farming
    Advice

Try to send 40 to each barb. If you got 100 spears then send like 30 in each attack try to keep 10-20 spear home for protection. Also send all your swords out cus they are better at farming
    Try to farm a lot and don’t farm players that are higher than ½ of your points or you will lose 1 troop on each attack.
    Also the more you farm the more resources you get to make more troops to clear players and farm them.

Rushing LC
    This is my 2nd part
    LC is the best farming troop and clearing they are not hard to get.
    So were I left of..
    Get your HQ to 8
    Then your barracks to 5
    They your warehouse to 12
    Then your recourses to 14 and the wood 15
    Farm to 10 (optional)
    Then your smithy to 5
    Get your HQ to 10
    Then you will be able to build the stable.
    Get the stable to level 3.
    Research Light cavalry.
    Build 30 of them
    Then research Scouts
    Get 50 of them.
    Wall to 10.

LC info:
    The light cavalry is a good offensive unit. One of its advantages is its speed.
    Costs per unit
    Population needed
    Speed
    Carrying capacity
    125 100250
    10 minutes per field
    Research
    Requirements: Stable (Level 3)
    On worlds with the Simple tech system enabled:
    Offensive strength
    General Defense
    Cavalry Defense
    Archer Defense
    Research cost:
    2200 2400 2000
    On worlds with the Three level tech system enabled:
    Tech-level
    Research costs
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/NEW/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image008.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/NEW/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image010.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/NEW/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image012.gif[/IMG]
    2200 2400 2000
    8800 9600 8000
    35200 38400 32000

Try to send about 20-30 in each farming party.
    Also while clearing villas send them.

Part 3
    Research axes
    Get 200 of them (2nd best farming troop)
    You should have the fallowing troops
    100 spears
    100 swords
    50 scouts (I would get 100)
    30 LC (60 is better for if you farm a lot)
    100-200 axes.

Get wall to 15 for troops bonus and defensive strength.
    That is all so far….
    Part 3-5 coming soon.

Regards,
    SpartanruleAttacking you soonHAHAHA

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/NEW/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image008.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/NEW/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image010.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/NEW/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image012.gif[/IMG]

You need to upload your pictures for this to work
    All Approved Scripts

Co-Duke of W37 Winners. 1ns4n3

(This isn't an attempt at a grammar flame) but it was really difficult to follow. When writing a guide, try to be very clear and concise; "Like, you know, you should kind of try to maybe do *this* and you know it will like... Work out cus it does ya know?" Is very unclear and difficult to follow. If you could clean it up a bit, it would make it a much better guide.

The actual guide itself isn't very good either in my opinion, there are numerous flaws with that game-play strategy, most notably:

Quote Originally Posted by spartanrule View Post
    Get your recourses to level 10 and wood to 11 or 12.
    (Way too high. The income of waiting around to build that is far, far, far less than spending it on the troops and using them to farm for resources.)

Get 100 sword (they are better than spear on farming)
    (Swords are terrible for farming, their only use is protecting spears so that you can send a large number of small spear runs without losing them.)

Build wall to level 5.
    (Completely unneeded, waste of resources and will only slow your growth down more than it will any attackers.)

Build a market to level 3.
    (If you don't have 3000 resources at any point, you don't need a lvl 3 market. Markets are good for storing excess resources, but only as much as you need, if you aren't storing more than 1000, you don't need it above lvl 1, 2000 - 2, etc.)

Build a statue.(only after BP is out)
    (W59 has no pally)

If you got 100 spears then send like 30 in each attack try to keep 10-20 spear home for protection.
    (If you have 100 spears, you should have a few swords or axes to accompany them, by which you could be doing 10 runs at a time, of 10 spears without losses for maximum farming potential. Micro farming is the way to go, you will rarely get large hauls this early, you want to get lots of hauls constantly with no losses, don't try and get huge ones. You don't need to leave 10-20 troops at home for protection, they will just die pointlessly, it's all or nothing.)

Rushing LC
    Then your recourses to 14 and the wood 15
    (Rushing LC means exactly that, rushing as fast as possible. Building mines to 15 is the opposite of speed production, you want to mass spears, so that you can mass-farm and then go straight for LC bypassing axes, scouts, etc. LC rushing means skipping the rest, not mass building.)

Then research Scouts
    Get 50 of them.
    Wall to 10.
    (This is just a huge waste. 50 scouts?? Wall 10? Neither of them will help your growth, so why bother? It just means everyone else will overtake you while you are wasting resources and time.)

Also while clearing villas send them.
    (No. Don't send your LC to clear, never send your LC early world to attack. That's what you use your axes for, only in dire circumstances should you send LC, even if you lose all your axes, if you have all your LC it takes only a day or farming or so to replace them, losing your LC would take several days to replace, never risk them as they are your main income from farming.)

Axes
    Get 200 of them (2nd best farming troop)
    (Again, you've stated the worst units for farming as the best units for farming. Axes are used to clear, and accompany spears early on. Farming with axes is terrible as they have a terrible haul capacity.)

I appreciate the effort you went to making the guide, however guides should contain at least viable information. I'm no pro player, but even I picked up on all this^. If you are going to try and teach others, you should have all the answers first :P
    Last edited by harbinger297 : 2011,October 16th at 08:42

Possibly the most inaccurate guide I have ever read...you state that it's designed for Word 59 yet you mention building a paladin and statue...w59 is a non-paladin world...have you even looked at the world settings?? Oo

harbinger297 already tore your guide to shreds so I won't reiterate what he has already said.

Terribad guide.
    Experience is that marvellous thing which allows you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

He wants you to follow his "guide to getting nobled" so you will be an easy target later on.

What a twist!

It's good that people still make an effort to put up guides, but I'd recommend getting more ingame experience first before writing any, and also reading other guides on the topic you want to write about. I think there are a lot of guides out there for start-up that would be more beneficial to the majority of new players/inexperienced players.

Quote Originally Posted by One Last Shot View Post
    It's good that people still make an effort to put up guides, but I'd recommend getting more ingame experience first before writing any, and also reading other guides on the topic you want to write about. I think there are a lot of guides out there for start-up that would be more beneficial to the majority of new players/inexperienced players.
    I'd second this. You might think you have it down pat, but without reading how other people do things, there's no frame of reference to confirm that your way is actually the best way.
    This is a clear-cut case of that... so much so that I think I shall link it in my library as "How NOT to write a guide". EDIT: done.
    Last edited by DaWolf85 : 2011,October 18th at 03:35

You also dont mention scripts all at :(
    All Approved Scripts

Co-Duke of W37 Winners. 1ns4n3

Just use stotty.. he'll farm for you.. he'll send T trains.. and he don't talk back.

Aye, an active coplayer is the best script, and the best Account Manager. And the best one even gets, not costs, you premium!

Don't follow this guide if you ever want to become decent.

pretty decent guide. could use some minor adjustments here and there