Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    Default No scouting allowed!

    Is it a new rule that single scouts are not allowed to visit empty villages without dying?

    This is actually going to be a pain in the ass.

  2. #2
    Whiskey River's Avatar
    Join Date
    2012,April 6th
    Location
    Bottom of a glasss....
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Yeah, you must send 4 minimum for them to survive.

  3. #3

    Default

    4 scout minimum, its a pain

  4. #4

    Default

    What a useless update.

  5. #5
    blocked
    Join Date
    2010,December 10th
    Posts
    747

    Default

    Its been there since startup.

    Like other worlds this is a setting you need to get used to.

  6. #6

    Default

    It's not a new "rule", or "update".

    It has always been this way on simple-tech worlds that had scouts that could see outside troops.

    The first world with scouts like this was World 5.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALessonInPointWhoring View Post
    It's not a new "rule", or "update".

    It has always been this way on simple-tech worlds that had scouts that could see outside troops.

    The first world with scouts like this was World 5.
    I don't know how I've been completely oblivious to this for the past 5 years

    This is the first world I've played with this setting though, I'm sure of it.

  8. #8

    Default

    Attacker: matgrik
    Origin: matgriks village (521|560) K55

    Quantity: 0 0 0 0 1345 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Losses: 0 0 0 0 1345 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    This here is no scouting allowed

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamh6262 View Post
    I don't know how I've been completely oblivious to this for the past 5 years

    This is the first world I've played with this setting though, I'm sure of it.
    yea it was put in around w57 i cant remember the exact wording but all vills now have a "base defense". i think its one of the stupidest updates ive ever seen

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stewinthepot View Post
    yea it was put in around w57 i cant remember the exact wording but all vills now have a "base defense". i think its one of the stupidest updates ive ever seen
    No.

    Villages have always had a base defense.

    The setting was added in W5 like I said it was up above.

    It is spy setting 3 and can be found in the world's get_config file.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

  11. #11
    mattcurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    2007,September 25th
    Location
    With god
    Posts
    7,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stewinthepot View Post
    i cant remember the exact wording but all vills now have a "base defense". i think its one of the stupidest updates ive ever seen
    All villages have had a base defense since the advent of the game.
    Spencer(The Rimmer): whats a sun
    Matt!?!: idk but mom turns it on when she comes in the basement
    Matt!?!: it makes light

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamh6262 View Post
    I don't know how I've been completely oblivious to this for the past 5 years

    This is the first world I've played with this setting though, I'm sure of it.
    Im pretty sure Ive played a world with you in which this was the case for scouts hehe

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ankaar View Post
    Im pretty sure Ive played a world with you in which this was the case for scouts hehe
    Was it world 56?

    Apparently 56 did have this setting, but because of no haul, I hardly ever would have sent single scouts.

  14. #14
    DruidEarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    2010,March 14th
    Location
    No longer in Swadia :(
    Posts
    3,289

    Default

    On page 2 of this forum: http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=252846

    And also...

    Quote Originally Posted by Seagryfn View Post
    Use the combat simulator. Muldie325 is correct, the answer is 4.

    This is because W62 is a simple-tech world where the scout can scout troops, buildings, resources and scout foreign units.
    This is different from, say, simple-tech W61 where the scout can only display enemy units, buildings and resources, but needs a paladin with a telescope to see foreign units.

    On worlds where the scout has that much power to reveal troops without requiring additional smithy research or paladin weapons, there is a minimum number of scouts that must be sent to survive.
    Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not all right, then it is not yet the end.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamh6262 View Post
    Is it a new rule that single scouts are not allowed to visit empty villages without dying?

    This is actually going to be a pain in the ass.
    You're such a noob Adam! Gosh someone needs to visit the "help" section

    On a side note: Hey there xD

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamh6262 View Post
    Was it world 56?

    Apparently 56 did have this setting, but because of no haul, I hardly ever would have sent single scouts.
    Yeah, was W56. I was Sherry_dbz90 of CODE

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooled ice View Post
    You're such a noob Adam! Gosh someone needs to visit the "help" section

    On a side note: Hey there xD
    There's a blast from the past, long time no speak. How's it going?

  18. #18

    Default

    It is going good, how about you?

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamh6262 View Post
    There's a blast from the past, long time no speak. How's it going?

    Haha hey man! I know right. Just got back to TW and loving it so far. How about youu? Check your pm. msg me ingame @ cooledice

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •