Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 184

Default W64 Top Tribes, Players and General Discussion Blog.

Hey Guys, I'm Malreaux, also known as Steve and Noobs On Ice on W64, an old player who recently came back to the game after a long break.

If you ever want anything from me, add my skype: Steven_jackson2

I've decided to start a new thread, due to various reasons-wanting to get more involved in the forum, the fact that bloggers are going downhill in some respects recently, and most importantly the fact that everyone i've spoken to loved the idea.
    This'll be a marathon read, so i've made the format easy to find what you want to see quickly

How this works, is I will post interviews, comments and general information about the top 20 players in the world, the top 10 tribes {first instalment omits rank 6-10 as i believe anyone could be there right now with a bit of mass recruitment}, and also any notable premades or players that have come to my attention.
    This is a trial run, i am counting on, and would be grateful for, and feedback or constructive criticism you could offer.

I intend to post a full update Every two weeks, but will be active on the thread most days.

Apologies if I miss anyone who deserves to be here, i'm by no means perfect and would appreciate any suggestions.
    The format this will be in is the full talk, copied and pasted (obviously leaving out anything i have been specifically asked to). If you would like a different format, please tell me.

Not every person i have contacted has been completely willing to participate in full disclosure, but as time goes on i hope that will change.

Contents:

Firstly: Top 20 players interviews, along with my general comments

Second: Top 10 {5} Tribe duke interviews and comments

Third: Notable/upcoming premade duke interviews and comments

Fourth: Notable Player interviews and comments

Top 20 players
    :
    {these are constantly changing so these are just the people i selected at the time, in the order they were at that point}

1) Toggles.
    DON'T ASK IF YOU CAN COPLAY HIM, HE DOESN'T WANT OFFERS
    Tyler's a great guy and he's doing brilliantly. He always tells people that he isn't as good as some other players, that he'll fall down the rankings soon due to not having a coplayer, but his area was immensely good and he capitalised perfectly. I sat him and saw a strong troop count and great farming rates. First player to a million, wish him good luck in the future {Forum name tewg}

Spoiler:

2) Wai u shao ting. Nick and Julia are both really strong players (and close friends, so i'll try to be impartial). These two started with a mediocre area and managed to make the most of it, now coming in a strong rank 2. Both very experienced and know what they're doing as well as any other. I expect them to take rank 1 at some point during startup, and the only thing that would let them down is if they put in less effort. Great players, great account so far, look forward to them destroying the competition.

Nick/Scorp-Nick/Scorp:
    w6 idk, w57 djwright15, w60 e.sports-united, w61 wai u shao ting, w62 queenb86, uk classic rustykuntz.

Spoiler:

Fantus/Julia/TW Rosa Luxemburg {she told me to say this is her first world, and don't be harsh, she's shy}:

Spoiler:

3. Carlabear: a strong, serious and secretive player. In an average area with plenty of active players managed to come out on top and outfarm them all.-currently looking at what tribes will do well, so maybe one to get to know ;)
    Interested to see the direction this account heads, very interesting to watch.

Spoiler:

4. Mr Chump. 4 Experienced players playing the account, all know what they're doing, all nice guys to know. Some internal disputes, rule breaking accusations and tribe confusion, but none of it can slow them down.
    Note: I believe the botting allegations have been resolved, and there was no offence committed

Ian-acc owner, mr chump:

Spoiler:

5. Sakit Gigi. goes by name of Nazh (No, not him). Strong player on Indian servers, seems to have translated well over to .net. Playing well, i believe, without a coplayer and moving along nicely. Not a player to loudmouth himself or boast about his accomplishments, seems content to sit back and enjoy the game, which i think is admirable.

Sakit Gigi-English isn't perfect, but a very open player nonetheless:
    Spoiler:

6. Easy.Farm: Strong and experienced player that others seem to know more about than me. I've had a few people asking me about him, searching for past worlds, but he seems to favour secrecy. Definitely one to watch.

Easy.Farm:
    Spoiler:

7. KLgeo. Doesn't speak English so can't say much, but i would observe the lack of 1000 plunders. From the OD he certainly has some troops but i fear he may have been hit hard. I think over the next few days this account will pave the way for its road in the rest of the world. I think it could go either way for them.

KLgeo:
    Spoiler:

8. Killy Rider. Haven't been able to contact this player, maybe inactive, maybe a sitter, maybe ignoring me, who can tell.

9. IAmPatricko. To be honest i think his success so far has been through the luck of the area, as not many players seem to be actively farming around him, but he certainly has some degree of skill and i hope it server him well. hope forward to see you thrive in the future.

IAmPatricko:
    Spoiler:

10. jonjon42099. Low OD, low plunders, not the most impressive stats. I wouldn't put my life savings on it and i hope to be proven wrong, but i don't think this player will last in the top 20 until my next update. Also ignored my mail.

11. IM SXY AND I KNOW IT. I believe i may be wrong, but i'd say only playing for flags. Good tribe but no OD or 1k plunders. Would expect more OD simply from hitting spikes. My suspicions would be that he's where he is through a good area, another one i expect to fall, but hope doesn't

12. NuclearWeapon. A very strong farmer in my opinion, mediocre area, doing well. Doesn't appear to have cleared any smaller players yet, could serve him well. Not all that much experience so could fall behind, but i believe with just a bit of extra guidance he could do very well.

Spoiler:

13. Artificial1. Farming well but has an area with little competition so it's expected. Doesn't seem all that experienced from my point of view but has gotten a good start so could potentially accelerate regardless. Tribe will hold him back at some point IMO

Artificial1 (maybe it's me, but from response times he wasn't very active today)

Spoiler:

14. LastApparatus. At least one coplayer is quite new, but that isn't holding them back too much. Strong consistent farming from these guys, but they already have some ODD there which could be a sign of minimal trouble. Again the next few days will be pivotal for them, so keep an eye out. Growth seems to have slowed down a bit, as soon as theyve cleared some farms theyll accelerate

LastApparatus/always been known:
    Spoiler:

15. keredlee. Agressive players, i believe their growth will pick up. Two strong players but the co more experienced than acc owner. Didn't talk personally, a sitter was on, but a reliable source told me they're doing well in all fields. Nothing notable to mention, but certainly a strong account.

16. Yuropoor. Was first player to 300, active area slowed them down a bit. Really don't know much, but evidently strong startup player. Hope it lasts.

17. Gazyu. Friendly Japanese player, but i'm afraid to say i dont think he'll last at the top for long

18-20 Positions have changed even since i checked them last so i won't make comments for the moment

Top 5 tribes

Comment: 4 of the top 5 tribes are SW (excluding Wait!?), and all their clusters interlock at one point or another. For that reason it is almost certain that some will fail or they will merge. It should be great to watch.

1. ELITE-

Elite is a tribe with very strong leadership and a great core of players. They're at OD rank 1 and most of their members seem to be worth their salt, but whilst there are some old time players there, they also have some problems. Their cluster, whilst an effort has obviously been made to spread, is too enclosed. Their growth will be, at least in some cases, impeded by this. I believe the root of the problem is the initial liberal attitude to recruitment, as even with a sit it is too early to tell a player's worth. That being said, i'm sure they'll cut it down eventually and should be left with a great base of players, if war and smaller tribes don't get them first. They have a strong decisive duke and in my opinion he's one to watch.

Pandaking:
    Spoiler:

2. Cloaks.

Hate to call it, but i give them a month. Sounds harsh, but they mass recruited. The cluster in the NE of k64 will be stunted in growth and, whilst difficult to break, this will upset many members. It's also unfortunate that the good members they did pick up will be stunted by this. I would expect several splinter tribes to emerge soon enough.

Leonard shelby: In talks with him righ now but he's busy, will update this when we've covered everything

3. Wait!?

Whilst they seem to be spreading out with their latest recruits, and they are away from lots of major competition, these guys are still far too clustered. I predict they'll be up top for a while, but without some reformation they'll not be a contender to win the world, or go far into endgame. Their duke is reasonably experienced but not exceptional. Whilst this seems to be one of his first duke situations, there's a first time for everyone, and he may be a dab hand at it.

GenocideML:
    Spoiler:

4. P-TW

This tribe is made up of players along the rim in k53. Whilst their average growth rate is relatively high, again their cluster is disappointing. If they last later I expect to see then expand North and East, around the other top ranked tribes. This is one that, if it losses a few members, or gains some better ones, will do well.
    Leadership doesn't seem very organised, their first war will really show the calibre of this tribe.

GhostMars:
    Spoiler:

5. ~TE~

As much as i would like them to, i don't think this tribe will last. They are formed of early players towards the rim, and if they were good enough to prove me wrong they'd all be much larger. The mass recruiting cluster reinforces this.
    On a positive note i do like the dukes, and they have a solid hierarchy. It'll again all be down to reform and leadership. When nobles are out the SW is going to be an action-packed place to be.
    apparently they're branching into k35 too :D

Crucenter:
    Spoiler:

Notable Premades

1. Jelly?

Yes I'm starting with my own tribe, yes I'm biased. Get over it.
    Jelly started with a few players who just decided "screw it, let's make a tribe". From there it attracted some big names, and through friends of friends the players flooded in, meaning everyone gets along and there's always fun and games going on. There are some great members, some newer to the game but still skilled. The worst thing about the tribe is there isn't much direction, but i'm sure that'll change soon enough. All the dukes get along with both eachother and their members, and the skype chat is just... Oh my god, easily 3000 posts a day.
    The spread is excellent, leaving room for growth everywhere, and I'm satisfied with the approach to Diplo and Recruitment so far.
    In all, the tribe will last a long time. I'm sure we'll lose some members, (Bye Geoff, hurry back) but it'll go far nonetheless.
    Jelly? hasn't had the time to show its worth but it's already being called a contender to win. I look forward to being a part of it into the future.

Dukes: Nick/scorp + fantus (wai u shao ting), devin (Controls), geoff (mushyosaurus).
    Devin&Geoff main codukes.

Geoff:
    Spoiler:

2. The Plan

I'm in a position to know a great deal about the plan, which'll be starting soon after i write this incidentally.
    Although organised by Shayhd, the tribe will have no formal duke and will be made up of close friends and some recruits. A lot about the tribe is very open, and you should refer to their thread, but i will say that they'll be agreat tribe with excellent members, and i look forward to working closely with them.

Shahyd:
    Spoiler:

3. Kinky?

Good tribe, good spread, good leadership.
    Lots covered in this chat i had with Cats Axe Rams Nobles

Cats Axe Rams Nobles:
    Spoiler:

4. Where?

I consider the dukes of where to be excellent close friends and great people and players too. They don't want an interview, or for me to say much, but have promised to be more responsive in the future. What i will say, is if you underestimate them, you're making a mistake.

5. Hades

This is a tribe with excellent members and especially leaders, if their spread was better i'd say they were an excellent tribe as a whole, but it doesn't seem their main aim is winning the world, more so that they're taking things as they come. Another tribe that will show its metal when the south-west erupts If the cluster wasn't so... clustered, i would say they were a good balance between active and selective recruitment, but as it is, my verdict is that they have great potential but need to do a little more to really impress me.

Diabolus:
    Spoiler:

6. Hot

Good tribe, good spread. I've seen some members i'm not all that impressed by but i'm sure they'll do well. Will also update this very shortly when i know more.

Notable Players

This is a section i'm looking to expand, as i had no idea who to choose this time

1. Capn Rum.

Avast, i spy Kachine back to sail on the tides of another voyage! Yes, the jolly captain is back. Him and his first mate got off to a shaky start. The tide's really weren't in their favour, and i mean it. After sitting them once for a favour i saw their area and was amazed, but then a second time, dishing out my opinions and advice, i took a sneaky look at their rates and neighbours was dumbfounded by how awful their area is. Two great players making the most of a bad situation, they'll do well as ever and i hope to help them out in any way i can.

Capn Rum/Kachine:
    Spoiler:

2. Alessoninpointwhoring

Nauzhror joined late this world, and without definitively picking a premade, but come on, how could i not include him ;)

This is incomplete, i'll edit it in when he has time to reply, it's understandable he didn't, we don't know eachother personally well at all
    {please excuse the strange format, this in forum mail}

Alessoninpointwhoring:
    Spoiler:

That's take one of my thread, please leave any feedback you deem appropriate, and if any of you were dedicated enough to read everything. Thankyou.

~M
    Last edited by Malreaux : 2012,August 14th at 18:31

Quote Originally Posted by Weilai521 View Post
    With writing that good I bet your voice sounds like caramel. Great read.

This is what took you all day...

And you didn't interview the most important person on the world. And Kinky? did not give us the name Jelly?, I randomly thought of it.

Overall a horrible blog, simply because you don't have the most important important person ever.

Good blog, although you took too long. And why is Rum there ;(
    Last edited by My leg : 2012,August 1st at 23:06
    [9:24:52 PM] Steve: TRIBAL WARS ISNT A GAME
    [9:24:55 PM] Steve: ITS A LIFESTYLE

It is good to see someone recognizing our tribe for what it is and not a point whoring tribe (Elite-). Thanks for this Malreaux.

This is a brand new account so do not bother looking at my record.

Quote Originally Posted by My leg View Post
    This is what took you all day...

And you didn't interview the most important person on the world. And Kinky? did not give us the name Jelly?, I randomly thought of it.

Overall a horrible blog, simply because you don't have the most important important person ever.

Good blog, although you took too long. And why is Rum there ;(
    Ye Jelly?

Seems like an interestin read, at least bettarrr than all'em other posts here! otharrr than what me mentioned in skype, it be a nicely done work n' definitely can see the effort in't!

really appreciate the hard work, tho i still have yet ta read't all (prolly do't in portions at a time) so cannae say anythin mo' at this point!

Cheers!

Just to clarify, i'm by no means saying there aren't many good players in 64, but those two are the ones who i thought would be entertaining to talk to, and that people would care about too. I also have plenty more tribe's i'll be working through, so don't be offended if you weren't included, you just didn't come to my attention personally

~M

Diabolus (Hades) interview:
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Malreaux : 2012,August 1st at 23:57

Good thread mate lot of good players on this world should be interesting
    World 36 Dreadlocked Souljah
    World 63 Sarcasum
    World 64 Vodkaa

You were supposed to edit it so i looked better.

/runs away and hides.

I was going to but people just said it was so funny i couldn't :D
    Sowwwy <3

Long post but good.....

It's near the maximum length of 100k characters :p Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Malreaux View Post
    It's near the maximum length of 100k characters :p Thanks!
    It wasn't good.

‚ÄčIt was greeeeat!
    [9:24:52 PM] Steve: TRIBAL WARS ISNT A GAME
    [9:24:55 PM] Steve: ITS A LIFESTYLE

Quote Originally Posted by Malreaux View Post
    1. ELITE-

Elite is a tribe with very strong leadership and a great core of players. They're at OD rank 1 and most of their members seem to be worth their salt, but whilst there are some old time players there, they also have some problems. Their cluster, whilst an effort has obviously been made to spread, is too enclosed. Their growth will be, at least in some cases, impeded by this. I believe the root of the problem is the initial liberal attitude to recruitment, as even with a sit it is too early to tell a player's worth. That being said, i'm sure they'll cut it down eventually and should be left with a great base of players, if war and smaller tribes don't get them first. They have a strong decisive duke and in my opinion he's one to watch.

Pandaking:
    Spoiler:

Pandaking = Karmalot btw.

(bandit)

I had heard similar rumours, but didn't want to speculate, thanks a lot

Outrageously well done. Externals need more posts like this.

well in two weeks there'll be a very similar one ;)

Quote Originally Posted by My leg View Post
    you didn't interview the most important person
    in fact, he did interview me, you must have overlooked it

nice work from what i have read so far, cheers

Huh so alesson.... is nauzhror?

This is an interesting world indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by xBloodxThiirstyx- View Post
    Pandaking = Karmalot btw.

(bandit)
    0.o seems I am serving in the presence of a legend (in my opinion) btw have not seen you since 51 xBloodxThiirstyx when I was in DSBAND (different account).

I hope you can do another near nobles.

Quote Originally Posted by TW Rosa Luxemburg View Post
    You were supposed to edit it so i looked better.

/runs away and hides.
    you will hide where?(smirking)

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast