2014,August 15th, 11:08
Update to version 8.25
Update to version 8.25
Our next update is coming up! It will be released on Monday, the 18th of August, between 11:00 and 12:00. As usual, this means that the worlds will be unavailable for a couple minutes.
We have been busy working on a series of improvements we feel will make your gaming experience easier and more pleasant. This update focuses on usability and notifications.
Please let us know what you think of the content in the discussion thread!
Faster information updating
- The indicators for new Mails, new Reports as well as the indicators for incoming attacks or supports will now be updated as soon as they happen, without requiring a page reload.
- Unit information on the Premium Overviews will stay better up to date
New: Browser notifications
If you enable it, your browser will now be able to notify you when something happens in Tribal Wars. (Tribal Wars does need to be open somewhere though, in another tab or another window) For example, you could be reading your favourite gaming blogs but still not miss an attack in Tribal Wars.
You can choose to receive notifications for the following events:
-Building order completion
-All of these can be enabled or disabled at will in Settings, in the "Browser Notifications" menu.
Browser Notifications are currently only supported by Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
You need to enable Browser Notifications before you can start receiving them.
New: Stockpile distributor
We've added a Stockpile distributor to the Account Manager feature:
When your warehouses start filling up, spare merchants can automatically transport resources to other villages. Any villages running low on resources will greatly benefit.
There are a number of customization options available.
This will not be available immediately, but will be activated some time after the update. An additional announcement will follow.
Additions to Player and Village information screens
- Added minimaps to Player and Village information screens which highlight the village or player you are viewing
- Attacks can now be cancelled directly from the Village Info screen (Premium Account)
Loot Assistant (formerly known as Farm Assistant)
- Added some new filters to the Loot Assistant including the possibility to hide villages currently being attacked.
- Moved "page size" setting to a location where more people might realise it exists
- Mobile version: added buttons for easier page switching, and a link to go to the Rally Point with the target coordinates filled in.
- When you edit templates, you won't lose the page that you were viewing.
- Renamed to Loot Assistant because "Farm"/"Farming" can be a confusing term since we have a Farm in the game.
- Added arrow to the map's edge which points to your current village, shows how far away it is from the center of your map, and can also be clicked on to re-center the map.
- Added possibility to compare your achievements to other players.
- Added option to play a sound when you get attacked. By default, it is not active.
- Added confirmation message for queuing buildings in the Headquarters, and in a few other places.
- Added "previous village" possibility to the mobile version of the Rally Point
- Added option to use templates to send support from a village information page, and "all troops" can also be selected there.
- Added option to import your Game Options preferences from another world
- Added warning for when you leave a page that you filled in information on. For example: If you write a post in your tribe forum and try to go to another page without submitting it, you'll get a warning.
- Adjusted certain quest rewards: first flag you receive will now be a +Resources flag instead of +Defence, and added rewards to certain quests that didn't have them.
- Replaced command "Cancel" button with an "x" image to save space.
- Villages on casual worlds that you cannot attack will be faded slightly from view, so that you know before you try to attack them. This can be disabled.
- Players can now accept or decline invitations even if they are already in a tribe
- Various smaller layout changes and minor text changes.
- Bug fixes
One of the layout tweaks includes a more readable format for information about buildings in scout reports. Here follows information for script authors:
The old #attack_spy table has been split up:
#attack_spy_building_data // buildings
#attack_spy_resources // table with resources
#attack_spy_away // table with "units outside of the village"
2014,August 18th, 10:40
The stockpile distributor will be enabled today at the time of the update.
2014,August 18th, 14:08
Unfortunately the stockpile distributor cannot be enabled now. It will become available at a later date.
2014,September 2nd, 14:53
The stockpile distributor is now active!