Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 50

Default Good Noble Train

What is considered a good noble train, as in time...

Is a compact of 2-3 seconds good enough, or should I have to get better..

It depends on who you're attacking. I usually get mine to < 2 seconds, and I've never had one sniped, but I know of people sniping noble trains under 400 ms, so I know that nobody's safe if you're fighting someone like thar.

Doesn't lag make it nearly impossible for someone to time it within 400 ms...

Lag is somewhat predictable =p

fast connection and proximity to the servers help too.

i usually ge them all 1 second apart...except for the 2nd and 3rd always wind up 2 seconds apart.. every time..

You also want to know what kind of troops to put in your waves of course.

I'm sure theres a guide somewhere around here.. *Looks around*

There are also some browsers that can enter multiple commands so you can set it up so you can send out dozens of attacks in the same second.

Quote Originally Posted by Chompman View Post
    There are also some browsers that can enter multiple commands so you can set it up so you can send out dozens of attacks in the same second.
    what browser?....must have..

What I meant by 2-3 seconds, was that I usually have only 1 clear...and then a clear with my first noble....what can I say, I'm on the RIM :P

Anyways, 1st noble to 4th noble has, at best usually 2 seconds in between. Worst is like 4...:S

My clearing attack is usually from another village, and I'm really scared of screwing up and lagging or something and time it completely wrong, so I have it attack about 5 seconds in front...

So, is this good enough of a noble train?

I'd say that's exquisite

Though that kind of timing isn't necessary against most opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by wunsun View Post
    What is considered a good noble train, as in time...

Is a compact of 2-3 seconds good enough, or should I have to get better..
    Better than 95% of the time you will be fine. Against a great player you will get torn apart though.

Quote Originally Posted by openeye View Post
    Better than 95% of the time you will be fine. Against a great player you will get torn apart though.
    I've had people try to noble me before and regardless of their timing they always got torn apart at my walls

Could you imagine sending a FULL attack (7000+ axes, 3000 LC and 250 Rams) and hitting a village but not even damaging the wall? Because I've made defends like that before

Quote Originally Posted by Dokuro-chan View Post
    I've had people try to noble me before and regardless of their timing they always got torn apart at my walls

Could you imagine sending a FULL attack (7000+ axes, 3000 LC and 250 Rams) and hitting a village but not even damaging the wall? Because I've made defends like that before
    Yeah I fall back to a stacking style to D too. I'm honestly not a reliable enough timer for the dodge method.

Quote Originally Posted by openeye View Post
    I've never managed to work out how Thar can be so accurate. I have a 2 - 3 second lag but I can normally work with it.

I rarely ever dodge an attack...

I'd rather defend against an attack... Even a friendly attacker, than lose my wall...

Last time a friendly attacker was attacking me I was going to defend him with a 30k/30k wall of troops but he asked me to avoid killing them off them so I obliged

blocked

I considered my noble train fine if the gap between the first (clearer+noble) and the 5th (last noble) is no more than 1 second. It still is quite easy to snipe such quite easily, but again noone usually ever tries to do so.

I woke up at 4am today just to dodge a noble train and it ends up to be a fake--just 5 waves of rams together. F--k! I should have been more careful with my calculation! Arg...now that I'm awake I can't sleep, but I've got classes tomorrow!

I'd rather defend against an attack... Even a friendly attacker, than lose my wall...

Last time a friendly attacker was attacking me I was going to defend him with a 30k/30k wall of troops but he asked me to avoid killing them off them so I obliged
    Again, if you turtle and have never had to fight a real battle then this is true. If you have never fought a real battle and have never fought good opponents then of course everything that you have said in this thread is true.

But, if you want to optimize and you want to beat the best players, you have to play smart. I have had someone snipe nobles landing (all 4) within a 2 second window. After that time on, I made sure that all of them were within a 500ms interval if it was a train and within a second of each other if they were coming from separate villages.

You WILL have to dodge when you're targeted by 60+ players.

I have easily sniped noble trains in the past under 2-3 seconds (most of the time) and I know of a player that sniped every train sent at him in w5. We had to resort to the nuke per noble to take villages off him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thana Nightshade View Post
    LFKD has lost track of ALL global politics, war declarations and spy intell. They resigned to just attacking anything close until the world makes sense again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast