Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 199

Thread: Beginners Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob1304 View Post
    Yeh but i can't be bothered to browse through all the time
    I found out the types of units best for attack and defend alone, i found out how to noble a village alone.

The only problem with all my strategy is that i should have been a little more agressive...
    Tell the spartans, strangers who pass. That here, obdient to their laws, we lie.
    The more you sweat in training, the less you'll bleed in battle.

Default Yeah right!

Thats all well and good to build up at the ratio of 1:1 but what happens when a player worth 6k just wipes out all of your troops and you have to build up again, while TRYING build back up, you get wiped out again and again. And funny thing, it is always players from massive tribes with massive backup that wipe out the little players TRYING to get somewhere.

As little player, you will always be in a lose - lose situation in this game until they bring in some fairness to attacking.
    Last edited by creation : 2007,May 12th at 06:39 Reason: pushed wrong key accidently.

Default hi

As helpful as this guide is,I believe the best way to learn how to play the game is to experience it yourself. Try nobling someone or being under attack, after that, you would naturally learn from your mistakes,how to avoid attacks or organise your villages in a way that the support wil reach in the shortest time possible.Do some searching on your own and dont expect to be spoon-fed.Bottom line is what dont kill you only makes you stronger: Just play on.
    Dont do to others things that you dont wish them to do to you

Could this thread be modified to account (like a table of contents with hyperlinks or something similar) for the different levels of beginners, the different worlds, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by creation View Post

As little player, you will always be in a lose - lose situation in this game until they bring in some fairness to attacking.
    There is something called morale, and it hurts the attacker's army quite badly if they are much stronger in points than the defender
    So there is already something in place for the protection of smaller players

Quote Originally Posted by creation View Post
    Thats all well and good to build up at the ratio of 1:1 but what happens when a player worth 6k just wipes out all of your troops and you have to build up again, while TRYING build back up, you get wiped out again and again. And funny thing, it is always players from massive tribes with massive backup that wipe out the little players TRYING to get somewhere.

Imagine you get attacked by a guy with 10 villages while you have 1. Morale would hurt him a lot and if you have a good defense you will be able to defend against him very easily.
    Tell the spartans, strangers who pass. That here, obdient to their laws, we lie.
    The more you sweat in training, the less you'll bleed in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by kayvent View Post
    Heavy Cavalry: Worst defensive unit and offensive unit. Is a support unit.
    What is the ratio for heavy calvary, and light calvary?

Quote Originally Posted by kayvent View Post
    The cost you your next nobleman is in this fomula: Cost= package times(villages owned+ nobleman in your procession=nobleman in the training queue).
    When you say noblemen in your possesion does that mean the ones you have in your village, together in all your villages?
    Does it include the ones that died?

Hello to everyone that still reads/posts...

I've been away for a little while due to RL issues and have come a long way to this guide. Fortunately, I was fortunate enough to expand my game greatly through my former W5 tribe in D.A. Since then I've learned a ton about this game and have seen things from a completely different light. If a player out there wants to know how some of the top guns play they could message me directly through the forums and I could help them out. Otherwise, I really think this is a great starting point for a vast majority of players, but please note the tactics that the best players use do vary from these.

As for the guide...

I did mention that real life has caught up with me, but tribalwars has not (thats what addiction does ) so if anyone has material that they would like placed in here please message me and I'll make sure you get mentioned for your work.
    Last edited by kwkraft : 2007,May 29th at 07:31

6. Advanced attacking - Rams/Catapults

This information was sent to me by a user that wishes to remain anonymous so people don't think he's nice I would like to thank him a lot because a lot of this I did not know

Rams have 3 phases during the battle.
    1) They reduce the defensive bonus given by the wall before the battle
    2) They take part in the battle adding a massive 2 points per ram
    3) The surviving rams damage the wall after the battle

To completely wipe out the wall bonus and not cause unneeded damage to your troop levels or your soon to be new village you need to send
    (for a level20 wall)

219 level 1 rams
    175 level 2 rams
    157 level 3 rams

Catapult Chart

This shows how to use catapults in waves instead of a massive attack. If you do this it requires a lot less cats in the attacks.
    This assumes that there are no defenses and walls. ALWAYS send troops with cats. Even if its like 25 axes.

Completely Destroy a Building
    ----------------------------------

Lvl 1 -> 2 catapults
    Lvl 2-> 6 catapults
    Lvl 3-> 10 catapults

Min. Catapults To Use (Destroys one level)

Lvl 1-3 -> 2 catapults

Lvl 4-7 -> 3 catapults

Lvl 8-11 -> 4 catapults

Lvl 12-13 -> 5 catapults

Lvl 14-16 -> 6 catapults

Lvl 17 -> 7 catapults

Lvl 18-19 -> 8 catapults

Lvl 20 -> 9 catapults

eg 1. It would take 10 cats to destroy lvl 3 in one attack. But if you use 3 attacks of 2 cats, it takes 6 cats

eg 2.It will take 328 cats(level1)to completely destroy a level 20 building in one strike.
    Were as 3 separate attacks of 75 cats(level 1)will do the same thing.

It is possible to bring a level 30 building to 0 using 94 cats in waves although this would be impossible against a semi decent player.

There is no point destroying buildings if you plan to noble the village. They are just for dishing out punishment

Quote Originally Posted by deadlywesley View Post
    What is the ratio for heavy calvary, and light calvary?

When you say noblemen in your possesion does that mean the ones you have in your village, together in all your villages?
    Does it include the ones that died?
    anyone, please?

anyone, please?
    Heavy cavalry are useless until you have lots of villages. Then they are purely for fast support. There is no ratio as you wouldn't have them in the same village as light cavalry.

by noble men in your possession he is referring to all those you have built whom are still alive plus those who now reside in your new villages.
    Last edited by Sir Phill McCrackin : 2007,May 30th at 19:35
    You are morally, spiritually and physically a festering fly-blown heap of accumulated filth.

I completely agree with everything that has been said so far, and further, I suggest that you not even attempt to build an Academy until you have all of your resources at level 25 at least. This way, you will quickly reach the building requirement and be able to continue your troop production as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Phill McCrackin View Post
    Heavy cavalry are useless until you have lots of villages. Then they are purely for fast support. There is no ratio as you wouldn't have them in the same village as light cavalry.

by noble men in your possession he is referring to all those you have built whom are still alive plus those who now reside in your new villages.

There is another use for Heavy Cavalry that most players don't consider...

Some of the extremely active and aggressive players out there are actually able to play until 5+ villages without having any "defensive" villages. Heavy Cavalry fit this role because of their versatility. They are able to be used as both offense and defense while an infantry unit (i.e. axe) is the main offensive threat in that village.

Anyways, that method goes beyond the scope of this thread and shouldn't be used by 99.9% of players out there but I have seen it used extremely effectively when all the units for the first several villages are planned out well.

Default help me!

Iwould like to know why do you lose some battles when yuo send 2 spear fighters and you lose solders but that player does not have an army.

Default tribe

If you would like to go into a tribe tog in 7th world you can do it right now
    because we except anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by kwkraft View Post
    There is another use for Heavy Cavalry that most players don't consider...

Some of the extremely active and aggressive players out there are actually able to play until 5+ villages without having any "defensive" villages. Heavy Cavalry fit this role because of their versatility. They are able to be used as both offense and defense while an infantry unit (i.e. axe) is the main offensive threat in that village.

Anyways, that method goes beyond the scope of this thread and shouldn't be used by 99.9% of players out there but I have seen it used extremely effectively when all the units for the first several villages are planned out well.
    When I played under my other account, I would play with a very aggressive and highly dangerous strategy which involved no defence what so ever "I was highly active," I never had a village taken from me during this time despite numerous wars, although I never had much heavy cavalry either but now you mention it, it makes a lot of sense as I would normally have a glut of iron and you can always purchase extra at good rates.

Alas I'm to busy for that malarkey these days, My current 1K village has more defence than all my previous villages combined
    You are morally, spiritually and physically a festering fly-blown heap of accumulated filth.

I just want to know, what happens if someons hq geos to level 0? how do they build?

I just want to know, what happens if someons hq geos to level 0? how do they build?
    normally..just like when ur wall is 0 and you build it from the ground up.

I think that the headquarters is one of those buildings that can't be completely destroyed. Honestly, I forget which ones have a minimum of level 1, but I think its the warehouse, farm, village headquarters, and the hiding place.

I have an abandonded site with high points that I was farming until someone put a bunch of supoort troops in there.
    There are 586 spears and 418 swords. When my troops came they got cut to ribbons and they lost only a few (even though mine were at level 2). How can I root these troops out of there? Would catapults on the barraks work? I had sent axes but they were destroyed as well.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast