Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
Showing results 221 to 240 of 397

Quote Originally Posted by Glen7 View Post
    For some reason when I try to use {origin} it doesn't work, it just adds {origin} to the attack name.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowTarget View Post
    <snip>
    The following variables are available...

• {unit} the troop type that you think the attack is
    • {coords} 'xxx|yyy' of the attacks origin
    • {player} attacking player name
    • {distance} the number of fields away
    • {sent} the date & time the attack was sent (depends on the unit chosen)
    • {duration} hhh:mm:ss (depends on the unit)
    • {arrival} the date and time (including milliseconds) that the attack will land
    • {origin} 'name (xxx|yyy) Knn' of the attacking village
    • {destination} 'name (xxx|yyy) Knn' of the target village
    • {destinationxy} 'xxx|yyy' of the target village

so if you want the name, then swap coords with origin - and if you don't want the distance then just edit it out...

e.g. you might want to change it to
    theFormat='{unit} {origin} {player} {sent}';

for simplicity or even
    theFormat='[player]{player}[/player] attacking [village]{destinationxy}[/village] at {arrival} at {unit} speed';

for handy forum posting...

All dates/times are formatted as hh:mm:ss.ttt dd/mm
    Perhaps I lied... I'll check it out.

I use {origin} in my format and I've never had any trouble

Quote Originally Posted by =RedFox= View Post
    I use {origin} in my format and I've never had any trouble
    thanks for that - I looked at the code and everything looks fine...

@Glen: can you supply more info : your server, browser details, cut and paste your format string etc, etc.

I have been using this script a few times recently, and have been thinking.

It would be awesome to add a {backtime} option into this script, which would, you guessed it, tell you the time you had to get an attack to land to sucessfully backtime the attack, based on the unit you say the attack is and the land time. This would also take into account the rounding of returns.

Would be so much easier than working it out yourself, you could just put it into an attack planner and fire off at the right time

Quote Originally Posted by thedar kone View Post

It would be awesome to add a {backtime} option into this script, which would, you guessed it, tell you the time you had to get an attack to land to sucessfully backtime the attack, based on the unit you say the attack is and the land time. This would also take into account the rounding of returns.

Would be so much easier than working it out yourself, you could just put it into an attack planner and fire off at the right time
    That sounds really useful, would it be possible to add?

since you would use something like this on only a small percent of reports you're probably better just having it give you the information in a popup or something rather than crowding up your report folders with information that is usually unneeded.

Quote Originally Posted by servy View Post
    since you would use something like this on only a small percent of reports you're probably better just having it give you the information in a popup or something rather than crowding up your report folders with information that is usually unneeded.
    Unless I mistook this for the wrong thread, i believe that this is the attack renamer thread, not the report renamer thread.

And you would use it for a lot more attacks than reports, so it would be a very useful addition.

Unless I mistook this for the wrong thread, i believe that this is the attack renamer thread, not the report renamer thread.

And you would use it for a lot more attacks than reports, so it would be a very useful addition.

Ah you didnt realize? he reads only last sentance, if possible dissagrees and spits on poster... it's regular...

btw, backtime would be simple change to just add *2 to travel time or distance ...

for landing time you have , origin time + travel (which exists)
    for return you have , origin time + 2*travel (backtime) ... so it's minor edit of script
    Last edited by Blo0DAngel : 2009,May 15th at 22:06
    Ignorance is bliss, but knowledge is power

Quote Originally Posted by Blo0DAngel View Post
    Ah you didnt realize? he reads only last sentance, if possible dissagrees and spits on poster... it's regular...
    Ah, as long as its normal then its ok

*wipes off spit*

btw, backtime would be simple change to just add *2 to travel time or distance ...

for landing time you have , origin time + travel (which exists)
    for return you have , origin time + 2*travel (backtime) ... so it's minor edit of script
    Thanks for working that out ... can you also work out how the rounding works? I know that it'll return with 0 milliseconds... but is it the closest whole second or are the milliseconds just truncated off the time.

btw: If you want the exact return time, and you only have the attack report - publish it - the published report shows milliseconds, unlike the unpublished version...

Thanks for working that out ... can you also work out how the rounding works? I know that it'll return with 0 milliseconds... but is it the closest whole second or are the milliseconds just truncated off the time.

btw: If you want the exact return time, and you only have the attack report - publish it - the published report shows milliseconds, unlike the unpublished version...
    Rounding works like this from what i picked up

example:
    send lc at 1 square distance (10 min)
    launch time 00:00:345
    hit(farm) time : 00:10:345
    return time: 00:20:000

meaning milisecond part is cropped, so it's rounded for on second less, precisely, return time is shorter than time to get to destination.

p.s.
    thanks for the tip with published/unpublished details ;-) it's always good to know where one can get extra source of information...

what if...

duration 12:23.600
    sent at 01:00:00.200
    arrives at 01:12:23.800
    returns at 01:24:47.200 == rounded to 01:24:47 or is it 01:24:46?

ie. can you determine whether it is a case of
    {arrival}=send(ms)+duration(ms)
    {backtime}=truncate(arrival(s))+truncate(duration( s))
    or
    {backtime}=truncate(arrival(ms)+duration(ms))

Another source of info...
    If you have the attack detail screen for the incoming attack up - it will get updated to the attack returning screen - showing the backtime ... even though the attack is not your own. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature

what if...

In this example, return time would be 01:12:23.000 + duration, therefore 01:24:46.000

To know the return time, its landing time rounded to .000 + duration. Return time of anything is always .000

A landing time of 01:11:11.999 is rounded to 01:11:11.000 + duration to determine the landing time.
    So many nubs to rim, so little time.

Life limitations favor the weak.

what if...

ie. can you determine whether it is a case of
    {arrival}=send(ms)+duration(ms)
    {backtime}=truncate(arrival(s))+truncate(duration( s))
    or
    {backtime}=truncate(arrival(ms)+duration(ms))

Another source of info...
    If you have the attack detail screen for the incoming attack up - it will get updated to the attack returning screen - showing the backtime ... even though the attack is not your own. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature
    typo
    600ms +200ms = 800ms + 600ms = 400ms

so return time if miliseconds were in play would be 01:24:47.400

but from my testing i found different results.

travel times are without miliseconds, and to put it out in general

xx:yy:zzz (land time)
    aa:bb:000 (travel time)
    xx+aa:yy+bb:000

meaning i didnt find that miliseconds in travel time are present
    landing time is presented with miliseconds, and return time is simply landingtime+travel time(no miliseconds), rounded so simply milisecond part is zeroed (always rounded on second lower option)

so your example :
    duration 12:23.600 travel times with +500 ms are rounded on second +1
    so this is actualy shown as 12:24

arrives at 01:12:24.200

returns at 01:24:48:000

typo
    600ms +200ms = 800ms + 600ms = 400ms

so return time if miliseconds were in play would be 01:24:47.400

but from my testing i found different results.

xx:yy:zzz (land time)
    aa:bb:000 (travel time)
    xx+aa:yy+bb:000

meaning i didnt find that miliseconds in travel time are present
    landing time is presented with miliseconds, and return time is simply landingtime+travel time(no miliseconds), rounded so simply milisecond part is zeroed (always rounded on second lower option)

so your example :
    duration 12:23.600 travel times with +500 ms are rounded on second +1
    so this is actualy shown as 12:24

arrives at 01:12:24.200

returns at 01:24:48:000
    Cool - good info - thanks

I'm working out the send time wrong at the moment then...

Just wondering, did this ever get put in?

err not yet...

In that case, can it get put in please?

typo
    Those are actually incorrect statements. Unfortunately, either the mechanics are different from world to world, or they were updated with v5.0 as they seem to have changed on me.

To put it simply, on World 19 (when I tested prior to the new versions), the return time would always be truncated. In order to determine the land time you take the:

1. Land time: 1:24:00.700 +
    2. Duration: 1:00:00.800 =
    3. Return time: 2:24:01.500 ->
    4. Truncate: 2:24:01.000

I tested this with a variety of speeds to determine that milliseconds are in fact accounted for in duration, and this never gave me a problem on W19.

However, after taking a break for several months, it seems as though this was changed either for all worlds, or at least W30. There was a point in time when my tribe missed several backtimes in a row (they showed up 1 second early) despite all the math saying that's when it return. It was determined that W30 followed the same above procedures, but rounded to the nearest second in step 4 instead of truncating.

I have yet to go back and test this again on W19.
    The past: X{v*}, BD

Quote Originally Posted by flpt View Post
    Hey,

I would like to know if its possible for the labelling script of slowtarget to work on tribos.com.pt ( the version of tw in portuguese )

I try it there but it didnĀ“t work. Do you need to translate it or something?

Sorry for the noobish question

Flpt
    It should just work.

Let me know what the errors are.

N.B. It wont work for your own attacks where the cancel link is still showing.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast