Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

Default Ultimate system for farming?

Now that I am getting larger and larger and got a couple villages, I am quite confused as to which ones I farm and when I farm them.

I have been thinking of making a system somehow, but wondering if someone out there has a great system?

or ideas

Thank you!

blocked

keep using ur brain, is the best system used for farming .

Note, this method requires you to have premium.

I'm playing W26 at the moment, and have currently set up an excel spreadsheet (seen below)

It is a replication of my 15x15, and the 15x15's surrounding me. Each cell contains either the coordinates of a village or is blank (depending on how it is on the actual map). As you can see its not quite finished. The cell with the yellow square at the center is what I see when I center the map on my original village, and the green border marks the end of my vision on a 15x15 map.

Clicking on a cell of the village brings up a new tab of my web-browser with an attack of 1 scout, and is already set to be at the confirmation screen of the attack with just one click (ie, see below). No need to fill in coordinates or troop numbers or anything.

Villages are color coded on the excel spreadsheet based on whether they are easily clearable (light orange), harder to clear (dark orange), high-profit (turqouise), or just consistently empty (no background), etc.

Whenever I go to farm, I simply figure out how many scouts I have in my village, and then I click on that many cells of the spreadsheet. Once all the attacks are up in the internet browser with the different attacks queued up, its a simple matter of tabbing through them all (ctrl-tab) and clicking the ok button.

Once I get a scout report, I use the following script created by Allyboo to determine exactly how many light cavalry I need to send to bring back all the resources from the village without sending too many LC (which is a waste of carrying capacity that can be used elsewhere). The script can be found here.

Now, how do you set this up? It takes a little initial time, but makes your farming runs way more profitable and efficient later down the road.

First, you need to send a scout to each village you want to farm. Once you have the reports, you need to archive them in a new folder. If you don't, they'll eventually get deleted and the method won't work. Once you've done that, right click on the link that says "Attack again with same troops" and select copy link location (or whatever its called, depends on your browser).

You should get something that looks like this:
    ...en26.tribalwars.net/game.php?village=52&&screen=place&try=confirm&type=same&re port_id=1155030
    Each link will be different, and the difference results in the report id (seen at the end). This is why you need to make sure that your reports don't get deleted. Otherwise, the link has nothing to link to, and ends up pointing nowhere.

In order for this link to work when clicked from an excel spreadsheet or word document or what have you, you need to change the words game.php (colored red above) to staemme.php. This allows you to get to the attack confirmation screen as long as you have an active session (ie, are logged in to tribal wars). Without that, you'd get linked to a page that says something like, "session expired, click here to return to homepage". Once you have that, simply right click on the appropriate cell within excel, and select the hyperlink option
    Last edited by qwe4rty : 2008,October 24th at 09:05

Wow thanks so much

Wow, I'm faving this post.

blocked

Good if you have premium and time to sort reports. I just send 20 lc to bunch of villages in my 15x15 using a folder of saved bookmarks.
    Click the village, right click send troops and open in new tab, and continue until you have enough tabs open that you're satisfied.
    Works well for farming when you have 5 minutes in the morning, and won't be back for a while.

You can use bookmarks to send 200 attacks in 5 minutes

blocked

Quote Originally Posted by sacredfool View Post
    You can use bookmarks to send 200 attacks in 5 minutes
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by qwe4rty View Post

I'm playing W26 at the moment, and have currently set up an excel spreadsheet (seen below)

It is a replication of my 15x15, and the 15x15's surrounding me. Each cell contains either the coordinates of a village or is blank (depending on how it is on the actual map). As you can see its not quite finished. The cell with the yellow square at the center is what I see when I center the map on my original village, and the green border marks the end of my vision on a 15x15 map.

Clicking on a cell of the village brings up a new tab of my web-browser with an attack of 1 scout, and is already set to be at the confirmation screen of the attack with just one click (ie, see below). No need to fill in coordinates or troop numbers or anything.

Villages are color coded on the excel spreadsheet based on whether they are easily clearable (light orange), harder to clear (dark orange), high-profit (turqouise), or just consistently empty (no background), etc.

Whenever I go to farm, I simply figure out how many scouts I have in my village, and then I click on that many cells of the spreadsheet. Once all the attacks are up in the internet browser with the different attacks queued up, its a simple matter of tabbing through them all (ctrl-tab) and clicking the ok button.

Once I get a scout report, I use the following script created by Allyboo to determine exactly how many light cavalry I need to send to bring back all the resources from the village without sending too many LC (which is a waste of carrying capacity that can be used elsewhere). The script can be found here.

Now, how do you set this up? It takes a little initial time, but makes your farming runs way more profitable and efficient later down the road.

First, you need to send a scout to each village you want to farm. Once you have the reports, you need to archive them in a new folder. If you don't, they'll eventually get deleted and the method won't work. Once you've done that, right click on the link that says "Attack again with same troops" and select copy link location (or whatever its called, depends on your browser).

Each link will be different, and the difference results in the report id (seen at the end). This is why you need to make sure that your reports don't get deleted. Otherwise, the link has nothing to link to, and ends up pointing nowhere.

In order for this link to work when clicked from an excel spreadsheet or word document or what have you, you need to change the words game.php (colored red above) to staemme.php. This allows you to get to the attack confirmation screen as long as you have an active session (ie, are logged in to tribal wars). Without that, you'd get linked to a page that says something like, "session expired, click here to return to homepage". Once you have that, simply right click on the appropriate cell within excel, and select the hyperlink option
    Too bad the Scouts in w26 don't allow you to fully utilize that Farm Calculator you're using.

Quote Originally Posted by qwe4rty View Post

That is great....can you make me one (lol)
    Spoiler:

Is there a method that doesn't need premium account?

Not an easy one. You'll just have to randomly send groups of troops to different villages if you don't have premium.

Canada is Win

randomly? :S you should be able to work out the amount of res being produced in the village and how often you should attack it with x number of lc to get the res..

Co-community manager

I'd like to think my farming method is about as good as I can possibly get it :P
    It's pretty close to qwe4rty's method, but I don't use spreadsheets.
    A combination of my scout report evaluator, the fakes script (one set up for barbs, one set up for red villages, set to send scouts instead of ram fakes). I get the barb co-ordinates from the world data which is available for download and update the barb list every few days. The red villages I hand edit.
    Once you have scouted once, chuck all your old reports into the archive, then with the new reports (which also contain scout reports if you use the scout script) you don't need to bother sending scouts alone again... just continue on with the scout report evaluator every 12 hours or so, using your last reports as a starting point. Obviously it's only sensible to scout red villages first though each time
    Last edited by allyboo : 2009,February 14th at 13:46
    zomgtw.net - farmfinder, player/tribe achievements & other stuff
    InnoGames

Nobody thinks Premium users using all these scripts is a balance issue?:/

Co-community manager

Quote Originally Posted by michealPW View Post
    Nobody thinks Premium users using all these scripts is a balance issue?:/
    No. You need to have the common sense to set up a good farming system regardless of if you have premium or not. If you're clueless about how to farm effectively, all the scripts in the world won't help. The big difference with scripts as opposed to bookmarks is the time it takes to set up.
    zomgtw.net - farmfinder, player/tribe achievements & other stuff
    InnoGames

To be honest, as organized as it is, it's rather... impractical.
    Use the same concept, though simply keep the links stored as bb-codes or bookmarks, open them all up, and send them off. End of story. (No disrespect intended)

As for Non-premium, use the same concept, though since you can't use the "attack again with same troop numbers" function, simply keep the links of the rally point directed at the targeted village. The only difference is that you'll have to manually fill in the troop numbers.

Edit: I've also heard of people who use what Allyboo does (similarly). Doesnt work on a growing barb world.
    Calculate the amount of resources brought in every 4 hours for each village, (or whenever you can farm), and then similar to the scout sending idea, simply put in the troops needed to clear it. Then you send them off to farm whenever you reach that timeframe.

Edit 2: Lardingd's farming guide
    Last edited by (R)ed : 2009,February 15th at 18:46

Best way, stay active, online 24/7 and just keep sending out your troops, PA does help though.
    Also means you have no life, lol ;)

write down farmable villages and daily times at which to send troops for the booty.

Quote Originally Posted by (R)ed View Post
    To be honest, as organized as it is, it's rather... impractical.
    Use the same concept, though simply keep the links stored as bb-codes or bookmarks, open them all up, and send them off. End of story. (No disrespect intended)

As for Non-premium, use the same concept, though since you can't use the "attack again with same troop numbers" function, simply keep the links of the rally point directed at the targeted village. The only difference is that you'll have to manually fill in the troop numbers.

Edit: I've also heard of people who use what Allyboo does (similarly). Doesnt work on a growing barb world.
    Calculate the amount of resources brought in every 4 hours for each village, (or whenever you can farm), and then similar to the scout sending idea, simply put in the troops needed to clear it. Then you send them off to farm whenever you reach that timeframe.

Edit 2: Lardingd's farming guide
    None taken. The reason I used the spread sheet initially was it helped me keep track of which farms went dry, which started defending themselves, etc etc.

I now use a variant of the fake script (on a growing barb world none-the-less) and it works perfectly (I'm floating in and out of the top 20, and that's actually without having a computer--my laptop broke 3 weeks ago, and I've not set a sitter since).
    The past: X{v*}, BD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast