CCE declares war on DNY

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31590

there is very thin line between being brave and silly.

I agree that you could had good chances against FUSION. Then there could be opportunity that DNY wont get involved. But attacking DNY you made sure that you will have 2 big tribes against you.

DeletedUser

there is very thin line between being brave and silly.

I agree that you could had good chances against FUSION. Then there could be opportunity that DNY wont get involved. But attacking DNY you made sure that you will have 2 big tribes against you.

You didn't get the whole point:
what if we attacked FUSION? How could that reduce DNY influence in this world?

DeletedUser

I'm beginning to think that your avatar is an actual picture of you.

Can't be, they destroyed that at the end and caught a helicopter out of the layer , barely escaping the island before it exploded.

DeletedUser31117

Fusion would have asked for help from DNY and DNY would have been bad allies to not help. I dont understand why people STILL refuse to see where these guys are coming from. They did shake the world for a time. My question is more along the lines of why did DNY HAVE to bring Fusion into it. I'm not trying to disrespect. But the whole time DNY kept saying that their players weren't even fighting yet. So why bring Fusion in when you were confident you could handle the situation. You were obviously larger than CCE. You were moping up your other wars. Did you really need Fusion to get involved outside of support? I just don't see the honor in that but this game isn't based on honor anyways so that statement holds no ground. Like I said, im not trying to disrespect, just trying to understand.

DeletedUser

I think more people agree with him as far as that last post and how it's explained and what he wanted to prevent/ didn't like than admit.

I'd bet half the guys in those top allies tribes agree.

DeletedUser

Fusion would have asked for help from DNY and DNY would have been bad allies to not help. I dont understand why people STILL refuse to see where these guys are coming from. They did shake the world for a time. My question is more along the lines of why did DNY HAVE to bring Fusion into it. I'm not trying to disrespect. But the whole time DNY kept saying that their players weren't even fighting yet. So why bring Fusion in when you were confident you could handle the situation. You were obviously larger than CCE. You were moping up your other wars. Did you really need Fusion to get involved outside of support? I just don't see the honor in that but this game isn't based on honor anyways so that statement holds no ground. Like I said, im not trying to disrespect, just trying to understand.

DNY players that were located close to us, were not able to hold off our first week's attacks.
Only Tgoddard if I'm not mistaken managed to fight properly.
The rest were either streched too thin, without any defenses, or caught unprepared.
Until DNY's main cluster started to hit back, we would cause serious damage, if FUSION didn't jump on us.

So, they did the right thing to call FUSION for help. What's the point of having an ally-brother-slave whatever anyway, if not to use them in times of need?

DeletedUser31117

And I understand that...but asking for support and asking them to full on attack are two different things. Of course, Fusion probably saw it to be a benefit to them but is tag teaming a smaller tribe necessary?

DeletedUser

And I understand that...but asking for support and asking them to full on attack are two different things. Of course, Fusion probably saw it to be a benefit to them but is tag teaming a smaller tribe necessary?

Why not? CCE are the ones who declared war when DNY was busy, not the other way around. War is ruthless.

DeletedUser31117

I guess...but DNY was pretty much done with their other wars according to them. They were just moping up the remains. They were the ones that kept saying hardly any of their players were getting involved yet. If you are going to boast about your strength, then show it. Was CCE that much of a threat?

DeletedUser

I guess...but DNY was pretty much done with their other wars according to them. They were just moping up the remains. They were the ones that kept saying hardly any of their players were getting involved yet. If you are going to boast about your strength, then show it. Was CCE that much of a threat?

Well we have about 17 members in k35 located. where from about 7-8 at the frontlines, when you suddenly attacked:

-you hit empty villages at first, since the frontline was located towards k34
-you hit empty villages since they had been nobeling a lot since k35 was being filled in.
-k44 with k45 helping too. was busy with k33/34. We know the war was over because they disbanded. But that doesn't make several millions of points of players that are tribeless go away. People wanted to finish their operations and claims.

So most people wanted to finish their operations around k33/34/35.

When that happened they pointed their attention on k25, and as you can see at the stats, things changed very fast by then.

So why we called in Fusion?

Well then we could first of all:
-Reduce casualties at the unprepared frontlines by dividing CCE their attention.
-Why else have allies if not useing them? fusion was located perfectly to pop in.
-So we could take a bit of the heat of our fronlines, get them stacked. finish off operations around k33-34-35.

If you still wonder why we called in Fusion, well then thats your problem, since i can't get it more clearer.

randomusername8356

so, still going on? if not who won, or did it stop....i am asking this as i couldn't be bothered to read 37 pages, i read 7 then jumped :--)

DeletedUser31117

Understood now. Thats all I was asking for, a good explanation.

DeletedUser

:icon_sad:
Although I left the world, and honestly I don't feel I have the right to post in this thread, some comments I read changed my mind:

sian11 is mostly right about the reasons CCE declared war on DNY. I'd like to add something more though: this world is basically controlled (not ruled yet, but getting there) by a preformed team (DNY) and their "brothers in arms" (-R-). Both tribes are extremely strong, they both have dedicated and experienced players from other worlds that obviously through their game "career" managed to form two tribes that basically did NOT have to pass through any major learning curve. They were skilled since the start of W12.
That, in my opinion, is "unfair" for all those novices that had their first TW experience in this world. Having two core located tribes of this level, basically this world was heading to an end. I'll tell you something that I think was not mentioned before: in our council, 24/7, NUKE family and then DNY were allways our primary discussion. We knew a long time ago that this evolution was leading to an unwanted situation: an unbeatable tribe, expanding outwards, allied with the only other tribe that could bring them down, and having as slaves another top-10 tribe as well (whoever tries to claim that FUSION are NOT DNY slaves he better drop it).

All this time, CCE was trying to teach their members how to fight and play properly. We were not a preformed team. More than half of our members were novices (n00bs as you call them). I am a novice in this game as well! W12 was my second world, the first one being W10 under a different name where I didn't do particularly good! We had a good time, our CCE-ians fought several small wars and won every single one of them, confidence was rising, and soon enough we found ourselves controlling a nicely located continent.

At this point, DNY was clearing out DBD, -DK- as the cowardly tribe they proved to be, became their slaves as well, FUSION was growing under DNY protection and we were right in the middle of those teams: We should strike someone.

-DK- allready got attacked by Devil and not surprisingly they couldn't fight back, so we decided to let Devil do whatever they wanted with them, and focus against either FUSION or DNY.

Why DNY?

We wanted to make an impact. Shake the world, make other teams consider hitting DNY as well, make them realise that balance is essential otherwise this world was not worthy to play at. We even hoped that maybe, MAYBE -R- would hit DNY as well!
It was a bet, a risk we decided to take and go for it. Also, FUSION were "allies" to us (of course we never believed they would help us against DNY, we even hoped that they might stay neutral. Apparently, the moment we declared against DNY they started preparations against us. They even had FUSION players assure us that they won't attack us since they were not loyal to FUSION etc etc etc).

Well, nothing happened. No other major tribes moved, everyone seems to be a sitting duck even now, and frankly, if this situation continues I can see no hope for W12; It's gonna be DNY, -R- and their allies-families. Game over.

Now, as for my "horrific" leadership: Well, I agree with that. I proved to be a horrific leader. My biggest mistake was that I relied too heavily on 5-6 key players, and when some of them couldn't continue playing anymore, I found my self wondering if I could stay in front of my monitor all day long, controlling the whole situation and dealing with players that never bothered to participate properly in our war. And decided to retire. Big mistake. I should stay. At least I wouldn't read those comments about me in this topic. I even logged in yesterday, had a discussion with my sitter and when I realised I was unwanted there, I left again.

In any way, the remaining CCE members, are players that everyone should respect. Not for their fighting skills, this is something that can be learned easily. And trust me, most of them are going to be great players in the next worlds. Mark their names.
You should respect them because they dared to follow a suicide order: fight DNY and their allies. They stayed even after disaster was obvious after several key players left. They stayed even after their Duke left them!

Find any other tribe that did the same, and if you do, continue to flame CCE. If not, just play the game and pay some respect to those crazy CCE-ians.

Thank you,
Kotsiras.

What!?!?! a preformed tribe??? with previously skilled players from other worlds???!!!?
Are you on crack???? That tribe you are talking about, may have been Closed at the beggining of the world.
I will have you know that my previous experience in this game was World 8, where I got to 15K points before being nobled and World 10 where I failed misserably as well, only managing to stay with my 1st village. :icon_sad:

HaVoK was NOT formed of elites either, most of us had little to no game experience, only our leaders at the time could claim to have vast experience in the game.

What DNY is right now, is the product of a lot of dedicated players who decided that their precious tribes were not going to satisfy their needs. Some of us are self professed noobs while others have a lot/some experience. But no one can say that we are a 'pre-made' tribe that came from other worlds... That is just plain silly.

I am sure the people in -R- can vouch for the same, minus the noobs. :icon_redface:

cartman28

why would -DK- have been allied with CCE over DNY when CCE did nothing but cause problems and tell DK's k25 members they couldnt noble in "CCE's K"... DNY actually help their allies... maybe if CCE would have kept better terms with -DK- they would have fought with you, or atleast helped.

DeletedUser

sian11 is mostly right about the reasons CCE declared war on DNY. I'd like to add something more though: this world is basically controlled (not ruled yet, but getting there) by a preformed team (DNY) and their "brothers in arms" (-R-). Both tribes are extremely strong, they both have dedicated and experienced players from other worlds that obviously through their game "career" managed to form two tribes that basically did NOT have to pass through any major learning curve.

They were skilled since the start of W12.
That, in my opinion, is "unfair" for all those novices that had their first TW experience in this world. Having two core located tribes of this level, basically this world was heading to an end.

I'd like to step here first and disagree. DNY was not preformed, -R- did have some members from previous worlds, but thats not what made them who they are. They started at a low number, and worked their way up.

As for myself, this was my first world. I went through the same learning that everyone else has had to go through. When I joined, I made sure I wanted to learn as fast as I could, and got involved on the externals early. I read what other top players have done, and came to some of my own conclusions. I don't see how I could have been a party of a "pre-formed" tribe having not played this ever before.

DNY and -R- are both full of many members similar to me, who in many ways taught themselves how to play.

All this time, CCE was trying to teach their members how to fight and play properly. We were not a preformed team. More than half of our members were novices (n00bs as you call them).

Not to mince words, but novices are quite different from n00bs. A n00b is one who has played the game for quite some time (in mmorpg's, it came from 100 hours of game play), yet still played like they were new. There's nothing wrong with being a novice. The problem is n00bs who have scraped by being lucky, who show no sign of ever wanting to improve themselves, but expect to be fed on a silver platter. Guides and what not are always useful, but most of your learning will come through experience or your own rational.

24/7 understood this, and therefore recruited players who had potential. Showed signs of understanding basic game play mechanics. This is evidenced in their cluster based approach when they started this world. They didn't accept just anyone.

-R- also understood this. Early on, keeping their member list extremely selective. They went to war with a much bigger tribe and its academy (FIGHT and FIGHTA) and prevailed. They have also been selective in their recruiting, but it generally was more localized. Regardless, their low member count at the start shows they had the same expectations of their members.

Now, I'm not going to argue here that everyone in these 2 tribes deserves to be there, there are still the odd man for himself in these 2 tribes, as well as those who still don't know how to time or other basic mechanics.

At this point, DNY was clearing out DBD, -DK- as the cowardly tribe they proved to be, became their slaves as well, FUSION was growing under DNY protection and we were right in the middle of those teams: We should strike someone.

We wanted to make an impact. Shake the world, make other teams consider hitting DNY as well, make them realise that balance is essential otherwise this world was not worthy to play at. We even hoped that maybe, MAYBE -R- would hit DNY as well!

Pretty big mistake there. The leadership between the two tribes is extremely close. I'm not going to go into all the details (partly because there are a lot, and partly because some of it is no one else's business).

Suffice it to say, I used to be a baron in NUKE|W, and worked closely with many members of the current DNY. My connection to their leadership and tribe is just one of the many connections -R- and DNY share.

Your view that any tribe allied with -R- or DNY is largely false. That these tribes do it just so they don't have to fight any big wars is false.

If you remember, KIMCHI, who many players thought were a good and organized pre-made tribe, declared war on NUKE|W. After asking for diplomatic relations for a few days, they struck NUKE|W eastern most clusters. At that point in time, that was our weakest area, and we were already involved in a war against CTU/CIA. FUSION could have joined with kimchi, and could quite possibly have wiped out that cluster. KIMCHI was not battle proven yet, but many players had high opinions of them, especially after rimming a NUKE player practically over night. FUSION however allied with NUKE, and played a large role in taking out KIMCHI (who were ranked much higher then FUSION at the time). So much of this whole slave slinging is unwarranted.

In any way, the remaining CCE members, are players that everyone should respect. Not for their fighting skills, this is something that can be learned easily. And trust me, most of them are going to be great players in the next worlds. Mark their names.

You should respect them because they dared to follow a suicide order: fight DNY and their allies. They stayed even after disaster was obvious after several key players left. They stayed even after their Duke left them!

I respect the players who stayed for staying. I don't respect you for leaving.

DeletedUser

Kotsiras, first of all that takes guts to come back here and join in on this conversation. But by your definitions of how you described your tribe, describes me perfectly. I also started on W10, did quite well there until I decided to get in right when W12 started, BIG MISTAKE! When you start in the core like I did, you had better be ready to take on some aggresive players. I will admit, I am very lucky to still be playing. Taizu had to fight off about 1/2 of NUKE that wanted me dead to save me from CTU, plus talk me into it since I was the Duke and did not want to abandon ship. People here have taught me so much about how to play this game right. DNY is full of people that have grown to be damn good fighters. I think our biggest reason for success is the leadership we have and how great we all work together.

To answer the question of IF we would have supported Fusion. My answer to that is I highly doubt it. We might have had some players in K35 offer defensive support but there is no way that we would have declared on CCE. We were to involved with AC/DC and DBD to have payed much attention. Like I said before, CCE was not on our radar at all and that is the honest to god truth. No where on our forums was fighting CCE even discussed. IMO, if you had ambitions of going after us then it would have made strategic sense for you to take on Fusion first. Again, this is all hindsight.

DeletedUser22586

red, I think I have to disagree with that there. I think that if they HAD declared on FUSION it may have taken us longer to get involved, but there would (i hope) definately been support their way. After all the CCE war forced our hand a little with finishing up the DBD war.

Regardless. CCE's reasoning seems careless but also brave, I dont think we should go to the forums and slam them for it. Let it be from now on, what happened happened, and what happens, well let that come in due time. No one needs to explain themselves anymore. Not every decision a player makes is going to be right. Otherwise we would all live and prosper. But this is where the game tests players to the extremes in survival, you cant have a go at every tribe that loses a war, or every player that dies in a war. so let us leave this from now on.

DeletedUser4982

:icon_sad:

What!?!?! a preformed tribe??? with previously skilled players from other worlds???!!!?
Are you on crack???? That tribe you are talking about, may have been Closed at the beggining of the world.
I will have you know that my previous experience in this game was World 8, where I got to 15K points before being nobled and World 10 where I failed misserably as well, only managing to stay with my 1st village. :icon_sad:

HaVoK was NOT formed of elites either, most of us had little to no game experience, only our leaders at the time could claim to have vast experience in the game.

What DNY is right now, is the product of a lot of dedicated players who decided that their precious tribes were not going to satisfy their needs. Some of us are self professed noobs while others have a lot/some experience. But no one can say that we are a 'pre-made' tribe that came from other worlds... That is just plain silly.

I am sure the people in -R- can vouch for the same, minus the noobs. :icon_redface:

Ah now Heavens there are still 1 or 2 origional ecchi members in the tribe. We were premade and evolved into SO?, 24/7, NUKE and eventually DNY. In a roundabout way we were premade to begin with but evolved into something so much better :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I am sure there would have been some that would have supported Fusion. But we were filling our frontline villages up against DBD and AC/DC also.

But I am not slamming them for the decision on them going to war with us. I have made many mentions here on how that took guts. But since this is a forum and the war is in its final stages I see no reason why we cannot discuss the strategy behind it.

DeletedUser

a preformed team (DNY) and their "brothers in arms" (-R-). Both tribes are extremely strong, they both have dedicated and experienced players from other worlds that obviously through their game "career" managed to form two tribes that basically did NOT have to pass through any major learning curve. They were skilled since the start of W12.

Really have to disagree here, and want to explain how this happens so newer players can see that there is hope for them. Although I played Classic and World 10 I was *never* engaged in the kind of coordination and teamwork that DNY demands.

I was originally in ~JL~, a collection of friends from Warbook (a facebook plugin) who played in world 10 and classic as a learning curve. I was invited to Closed, which merged into Nuke|W. I was still *very* green concerning mass warfare of the kind I was about to experience.

Then we met CTU. I came to NUKE|W with three buddies from Closed, and two of them got destroyed by CTU. This war weeded out good players from both tribes and left behind true fighters. I was next on the chopping block on the 4th night of 400 incomings from Rednecks and co. when the back row finally came through, as they always do in good tribes. Qwer4ty and company hit Rednecks and the gang very hard and saved my ass.

The few who survived from CTU are amazing fighters. Those of us who survived from the front line of Nuke|W are not unskilled fighters ourselves. Our allies, friends, and brothers in -R- will always be so much more than an alliance (which is why we find this discussion of a DNY vs R war so amusing...the idea of attacking Qwer4ty is as alien to me as the idea of attacking Suko....although i hear point whores are easy targets :icon_cool: ).

From these excellent fighters we began to assemble an awesome team. There was still weeding out to be done...some players who didn't believe in the team vision of the leadership. That weeding continues; but by and large if the emperor decides he wants something destroyed he knows he can simply point and click.

This has been the steepest of learning curves, and this is *far* from a premade tribe, since some of the people I fight best with now were trying very hard to rim me a few months ago. If you are a low point player thinking that you need a "premade" tribe in order to succeed nothing could be farther from the truth. Learn the mechanics of the game; timing, resource management, tactics, and then find like minded people.

Good luck, and happy nobling!

P.S. I'm trying to find a witty comment to preclude Thio's insistence on making me blow milk out of my nose, but nothing comes to mind. >:)

Status
Not open for further replies.