The only thing I dislike about w19

DeletedUser

I will admit I have yet to play on a world with packages. But it sounds like something someone came up with after a long night in a dark room while trying to fly a kite. Talk about convoluted. Only 1 noble in a village per Academy level? Why? Whats the point of storing packages if you can only have at most 3 nobles per village?

Coins seem more flexible, and they certainly make more sense. Then again, once I've tried it I may change my mind.
You've *almost* got it. You may train more than three nobles in a single villages. You can train *all* your nobles in a single village, if you so desire.

The total number of potential nobles is equal to the total number of academies you have (each level is considered an academy, so an L3 academy is considered as THREE academies), less the total number of villages you have taken (total villages minus one), less the total number of nobles you have. This limit applies to the TOTAL number of nobles across ALL villages, but places NO limit on how many nobles you can build in a SINGLE village, so long as that number is below the total number of potential nobles. If your noble limit is seven, you can build all seven of those nobles in one village.

Scenario time again:

Scenario 1: Single Village
Village 1: Level 3 Academy, 3 nobles
Notes: You have one Level 3 academy, limiting you to a total possible nobles of three. You've built those three nobles, so you cannot build another.

Scenario 2: Two Villages
Village 1: Level 3 Academy, 2 nobles
Village 2: Level 1 Academy, no nobles
Notes: You've taken your second village. You now have one L3 academy, and one L1 academy, for a total potential of FOUR nobles. You've taken one village, bringing that number down to THREE potential nobles. You already have two nobles, which brings that number down to ONE potential noble. You can build this noble in either village. The fact that village 1 has an L3 academy does NOT mean you can only build three nobles in that village.

Scenario 3: Two Villages, Part Two
Village 1: Level 3 Academy, 3 nobles
Village 2: Level 2 Academy, no nobles
Notes: You've upgraded your academy in village two to L2, allowing for a total of FIVE nobles. You've taken that second village, bringing the total down to FOUR. You have three nobles, leaving you with ONE potential noble. You may build this noble in EITHER village.

Scenario 4: Seven Villages
Village 1: Level 3 Academy, no nobles
Village 2: Level 3 Academy, no nobles
Village 3: no Academy, no nobles
Village 4: no Academy, no nobles
Village 5: no Academy, no nobles
Village 6: no Academy, no nobles
Village 7: no Academy, no nobles
Notes: You've used all the nobles you had built to take more villages. Unfortunately, you wasted your time taking barbarian villages, and none had academies. Even worse, they spent all their time building up their Headquarters to level 29, and the smithies are at a dismal Level 8.
You have a total of SIX academies. You have a total of SEVEN villages. You CANNOT build a noble, until you have more academies. You won't be expanding for a week or two...sucker... :p

An aside, though I think you know this: packets are universal. You can store a packet in Village 1, but use it to build a noble in Village 2.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I will admit I have yet to play on a world with packages. But it sounds like something someone came up with after a long night in a dark room while trying to fly a kite. Talk about convoluted. Only 1 noble in a village per Academy level? Why? Whats the point of storing packages if you can only have at most 3 nobles per village?

Coins seem more flexible, and they certainly make more sense. Then again, once I've tried it I may change my mind.

strategy my friend...if you have 10 villages all with lvl 3 academy, than thats 30 nobles, minus 9 villages/nobles thats 21 more nobles you can build....

plus if you keep storing resources, you can get over 500 packets, or even 1k packets and thus you can make 21 nobles at the same time, and that gives you 5 nobles trains and an extra noble...

do you see now? the packet system is easier and faster and cheaper way to get nobles and noble villages really fast...

with 21 nobles, you can probably nobles like 15 villages around you in a day, but you wont have enough defense to support them all though :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Getting back to the original post, the very first system was much more annoying. You could only build nobles in the villages that you had actually stored the resources, if you wanted to build the noble in another villagge you would have to use your merchants to transfer the packets across to that village. One bonus of this though was that if you took a village from a player you would also keep any of the stored resources in that villages academy.

Ah the good old days :icon_wink:

I still remember the day when I was a simple 50K noob in W2 and I nobled a vill which had 350+ packets. Could not stop smiling :lol:

DeletedUser

You cant come onto world 19 and complain about support to only tribes. You should have quit if you dont like it. I personally love it because you can easily take out family tribes. It also makes tribes have to work closer together if you want to succeed

DeletedUser

when you make a packet in a village does that packet only let you build nobles out of that village or can you build them out of any village? overall its not too big a deal (just means ill actually use the markets :p)

EDIT:
think somebody already said the answer but i just wanted it crystal clear :p

DeletedUser

when you make a packet in a village does that packet only let you build nobles out of that village or can you build them out of any village? overall its not too big a deal (just means ill actually use the markets :p)

EDIT:
think somebody already said the answer but i just wanted it crystal clear :p
The packages can be used to recruit in any village; however, if you recruit the noble you'll only get it back cheaply (1 package) in the village you originally recruited it. This is the little detail that can confuse people.

DeletedUser

no if you cancel a noble in the making you get all packets back besides one

DeletedUser38155

I still remember the day when I was a simple 50K noob in W2 and I nobled a vill which had 350+ packets. Could not stop smiling :lol:

Sadly, this is the only reason Mr. Whiskers kept playing Tribal Wars.

DeletedUser38279

I don't see any inconvience with or without coins.
Is clear that are almost the same costs,whats annoying is that you can't create more than 3 nobleman/village in package format.Anyway a real warrior should be concerned with other problems

DeletedUser

whats annoying is that you can't create more than 3 nobleman/village in package format.Anyway a real warrior should be concerned with other problems
But if you have many villages....you can create in one village >3 nobles....but dont create in other one village :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Sadly, this is the only reason Mr. Whiskers kept playing Tribal Wars.

What can I say? I enjoyed stealing noob's hard earned packets. Unfortunately they changed the rules. Mind you in hindsight it was a good decision. Packets only moved from vill to vill at noble speed and it took 10 merchants to move 1 packet. The change really sped the game up. Though it took away a lot of the markets use.

DeletedUser

it's the real way wars should be fought, it's been like that since w1 until more recent worlds.

what are the pros of coins that you like?
more recent? like world five, some year and a half ago? and don;t go flaming me like i have not a clue. i played world 1. world 2 was my first serious world. so i know both systems. coins is easy, especially since you only need to build an academy in a village to be able to make noble, not have enough academy levels to support the total noble limit needed. this makes this world more favorable for veterans who actually know how to think the game through on those terms. players who have never seen tech levels and academy total systems will have a hard time adjusting from the easy way.

DeletedUser22739

in my opinion using packages as the noble system is much better than coins. with coins you have to get your coin and pay for your noble. with packages its simple. you have to have the same number of academes as you do nobles and villages. With coin system you have to pay for the noble plus all the coins.

however, one could make the argument that packages make you have to pay for the noble all the time as well because you have to have the same number of academes as you do nobles and villages and you cant make a noble if you don't have the number of academes to supply you with them.

but on world 4 i had about 50 villages (yea i know thats not much) and with packages its waaaaay easier than going through all your academes and clicking mint coin 20 million times every freaking time you wanted a noble. with packages all you have to do is click store and move on. i guarantee that in the future (if you ever get more that 20 villages) you will warm up to the packages.

khufu91

i guarantee that in the future (if you ever get more that 20 villages) you will warm up to the packages.

30 words, including the text describing how many words the post contains, but not including the words contained in the quoted portion: A PREMIUM ACCOUNT WOULD MAKE THIS TASK SIMPLER

DeletedUser38726

it's the real way wars should be fought, it's been like that since w1 until more recent worlds.

what are the pros of coins that you like?

Incorrect, and I've wished they would go back to the original way of nobles that they did in W1-4 where you had to ship the noble packets to the village you wanted to build the noble. OMG it was a hassle, but there was nothing better than nobling a villlage and gaining 120 noble packets.

DeletedUser22739

Incorrect, and I've wished they would go back to the original way of nobles that they did in W1-4 where you had to ship the noble packets to the village you wanted to build the noble. OMG it was a hassle, but there was nothing better than nobling a villlage and gaining 120 noble packets.

world 4 never had that policy.