Want to make a complete defensive village

crisis54

Basically, I want my first village to be completely defensive. Meaning no axes, light cav., rams, or catas.

Right now I'm in the 1000 point range of my village. Just wondering, in the end, is it better to have all heavy cav. or to have all sword/spears as my army? I'm on a world with no archers.

DeletedUser

Do you have a guide that you wrote on how to farm? What is your basic technique? Both macro-wise (choices of farms) and micro (browser usage and saving time)

I just read what was already on the forums, plus asked questions. Servy, klore25 and my tribemates helped me out.

All you need to know how to set-up is one village for farming, the rest are done the same. Im in w16, so I dont bother with calculating how many troops it will take to bring back the max amount of resources if over the minimum basic barb has, which on that world is about 2600ish, no growing barbs. I get my numbers by sheer attrition.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I just read what was already on the forums, plus asked questions. Servy, klore25 and my tribemates helped me out.

All you need to know how to set-up is one village for farming, the rest are done the same. Im in w16, so I dont bother with calculating how many troops it will take to bring back the max amount of resources if over the minimum basic barb has, which on that world is about 2600ish, no growing barbs. I get my numbers by sheer attrition.

I'm basically asking how you manage 2500 tabs I guess. Whats your (current) technique, etc...based on YOUR experience.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Basically, I want my first village to be completely defensive. Meaning no axes, light cav., rams, or catas.

Right now I'm in the 1000 point range of my village. Just wondering, in the end, is it better to have all heavy cav. or to have all sword/spears as my army? I'm on a world with no archers.

Ends all argument :icon_razz:

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I'm basically asking how you manage 2500 tabs I guess. Whats your (current) technique, etc...based on YOUR experience.

I dont have 2500 tabs...yet.

Im working towards it. In short I set-up all my farming tabs in Firefox under bookmarks. I personally have each individual village listed in its own folder with a max of 30 tabs per folder. Click on bookmarks, right click on which folder you want (this will give you the option to open all contents into tabs at once) and voila!

Opens all tabs in folder, wait a few seconds for them all to load, then start at the first and run through them as quickly as your comp. will let you by using keyboard short cut CTRL+Tab button. You hold down CTRL with your left thumb, position your left index finger over the left Tab key, while your right hand is working the mouse/cursor to click ok.

So basically it's: Click, TabTab, click Tab Tab, click, Tab Tab, etc., etc. Then you arrive back at the first one, right click it and hit the close all other tab function.

I personally have to hit tab twice, for it to go to the next tab. I used to do it in IE using CTRL+W to close the tab...that way you start at the last tab and work your way back.

while holding down CTRL: Click,w, Click, w, Click, w, etc. you can roll through tabs with the quickness doing that...Firefox is just better at opening all tabs at once.

The stored bookmark tabs are nothing more than the shortcut link to the 'attack again with same troops' in the reports from the attack if you have premium account.

You just right click on that shortcut, save to bookmark and put it in whatever folder you want to keep it in.

There are guides on here somewhere that go into greater detail.

Currently I am not at 2500, 2500 is my goal. Right now, I'd say Im a hair over 18-1900 per day, and it is always growing. 2500 will be attainable fairly easily.

I usually split them up into three different shifts, if you will. I usually send out 1/3 of the total every 8 hours, or about 3 times a day, so it equals the max count. (1500 would be 500 every 8 hours). 500 tabs in Firefox usually takes me between 11-15 minutes, depending on if the bot protection fairy pops up and rears its ugly head.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Ahhhh, thank you I got it. Google chrome supports this as well. Just save the 'attack with same' as a link.

Have you tried chrome? Whats the number of tabs that can be opened in firefox at a time? (ever crash on you because of it?)

What typically makes the bot protection fairy popup? Going to fast? Do you have to pace yourself?

Thanks so much btw...you have been a great help (ok, pat yourself on the back!)

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Also one more thing...how do you handle situations when you dont have enough troops there to farm (for whatever reason). Do you just go ahead and click ok or skip that one for later?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Bot protection is random.

The number of tags you can have open before the browser crashes/lags is probably fairly dependent on the computer. I usually keep it to batches of 20-30 at most simply because when you have more the added lag makes it slower in the end.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Wow, having thousands of tabs, never thought of that..

I just farm barbs around me randomly, i don't bother organizing my daily farming lol.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Wow, having thousands of tabs, never thought of that..

I just farm barbs around me randomly, i don't bother organizing my daily farming lol.

Organization is the ultimate key in growing...especially on non growing barb worlds.

It's like making a jig on an assembly line...the jig itself takes some time to make/build, but once it's done, it allows the rest of the production to be more efficient.

Upvote 0

Anaconda

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Most guides recommend not making 100% offense or defense. Most suggest a 3 to 1 or 4 to 1 ratio. Does little good to have 100% defense and not be able to clear a small village. On the other side, does not help to have 100% attack and not be able to defend yourself from attacks. Can build defensive startup but you had better be in a strong supportive tribe. Lone wolfs do not survive in this game.

Upvote 0