Maps & Stats and more?

DeletedUser

The SCI family sheds a branch, SCIRNA and drops 26 members which leaves them at under 600 members now, 599 to be exact. Congratulations SCIR0N on finally getting rid of SCIRNA as you had talked about for so long.

This is why I should not be put in power unless you don't like some members of your tribe or you want to drop a branch... didn't anybody hear? I practice timing my noble trains by tabbing up members and dismissing in trains :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

You learned that trick in squeak with all our dismissings of other tribes :p

DeletedUser

when maps are next updated, please change HOPLO fam name to HOPLON, as HOPLOX is merging into SCIR0N.

DeletedUser

Guess tomorrows update will bring in a lot more green... aww... TSE/BNL can have white I guess... snow and off white :icon_razz:

HOPLON will be marked alone, HOPLOC... well, I don't know who the hell they are but they're associated with "the tribe formerly known as HOPLOX" so they'll be dropped from the stats entirely.

I will test out tribe shading... tribes of the same family/alliance/coalition or what ever the hell we want to call ourselves marked in their own shades of a color... this means that the colors currently equipped will be changed once more. The colors with the most shading possibilities will be handed to FKD, SCI and VVV. That'd be green, blue and red I think. Stats might not update tomorrow, but the main map will :)

DeletedUser

As some requested I made the maps with alliances/families/coalitions or what ever you want to call it as shades of different colors. To be perfectly honest, I think it looks like shait. I also increased main maps size to 750x750px and the minimaps will update some time during the evening. The HOPLO Family is being removed and HOPLON will be marked as a lone power.

The colors as they are now are still experimental. Anyone got anything to say about the colors clashing with each other or colors who don't go well together/make one look bigger then they are compared to their neighbor?

(Double post with 22 hours time delay ftw?) Any comments on what I did to the stats will be edited into this post btw...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Pokesies, I updated the stats too now! Added percentages to show how many of the villages around are owned by each tribe and how many of the remaining players are in each tribe/family. There are more villages in the SCI family right now then there are abandons by the way...

Thanks argyle and neonius too, I do try to improve the maps, but this one did seriously lack something... (more white possibly... or less blue)

Matt76827

I have a suggestion to improve the stats given out though it would increase the work load.
If the work required is too much compared to the "reward" from doing it then that's fine I just thought I'd give the suggestion so you can weigh it up.

I'll explain it by an example.
«RFG»
This week they lost 2 members 1.7m points and 176 villages. However with the quick bit of research I did while writing this (hence rough numbers) 1 member that they lost moved tribes and he was 1.3m points and has 123 villages.

I think the original stats can be misleading in that it could imply that RFG are losing loads of villages to whoever is attacking them. However after looking through their conquers they only lost 2 villages in the past week.

I know chasing up all of these loose ends would require a large investment of time and how to phrase them in posts would also be complicated so I can understand if you don't see it as a useful use of time.

DeletedUser

I prefer keeping the stats very basic, as it actually takes a long time to update it all (about an hour or so). The comments gives no hint as to what has happened with the lost villages, just that they're not in RFG any more.

However, I do know that it sounds odd when I say the families "get rid of" members while the single tribes "looses" members, but that's just a point of view I've had. I really don't try to put propaganda into this, and if I do (other then the map... thats already my own little bias playground) it's not on purpose.

Thanks for the feedback though, I wish that doing such things were possible, but I don't have the time, right now it's term tests etc and that's basically why the maps and stats update at different dates as well... only 4 term tests left before the 18th :icon_neutral:

Matt76827

That's fine I totally understand. Just thought I'd give some suggestions of improvements though I can't think of any easy improvements.
Keep up the good work :)

DeletedUser

Well then, I'm back... slightly late I see (nearly a month), but my exams are over and I had some time to kill so the stats and maps are all up to date today! Happy New Years everybody and could I get a sticky for my effort to count all of this stuff? My biarsed maps are slightly less biarsed as tribes got their own colors, names stay basically the same... Tried a "retro" look for today's map, it's Christmas/new year after all, need glowing stuff

DeletedUser

Well hello thar everyone! I am back with another update, this time it only took me 18 days :icon_cool:, which imho gives a better overview then the weekly ones did...

DUMBUMCLUM

It pains me to see the point losses n r2's part because i like them, but i'm pretty pleased with VVV and TSE's growth :D

Matt76827

War stats only show R2 losing 2-3m points. The rest is due to players moving to tribes like barbar and I think 1 player moved to SCIR0S.

DeletedUser

what are you so much on the defensive for? I didn't say you lost all to SCI, neither did I imply that, and dumbumclum didn't mention that either...

A good bulk of villages lost has been lost to SCIR0S, but there has apparently been other changes as well.

didn't you read the whole comment or something? I try to be impartial in the comments (though not the maps as some of you say) of the changes you know.