The Church

DeletedUser41666

Here I'll post infomation on the church, Any church related questions go here. Any answers will be edited into this post for future reference.

From Purple Predator, Credit to him.

Church Info

Church Belief Radius:
Level 1: 4 fields in every direction
Level 2: 6 fields in every direction
Level 3: 8 fields in every direction

Church Cost Structure:
Level 1: 16.000 wood - 20.000 clay - 5.000 iron - 5.000 population
Level 2: 20.160 wood - 25.600 clay - 6.300 iron - 2.750 population(additional)
Level 3: 25.402 wood - 32.768 clay - 7.938 iron - 4.263 population(additional)

Church Build Time Factor:
Level 1 = 5:40:00
Level 2 = 6:48:00
Level 3 = 8:09:36

The actual build time is calculated by the following formula:
([build time factor] * 1.05^(-[level of the village headquarters])) / [world speed]

Church Point Values:
Level 1: 10 points
Level 2: 2 points
Level 3: 2 points

Church Build Requirements:
Level 5 Headquarters and whatever farm level required to hold the population.

Church Destruction:
Churches can be catapulted but they take significantly more catapults to drop a level than normal buildings. EDIT: When you noble a village the church 'flies away' - Morthy said.

Church Effect:
All villages that are not contained within a church radius will have all troops' defensive and attack power reduced to 50%.
This means that you can attack outside your church's radius, as long as the attacking village is inside it.
Defending troops take the church effect of the village/person they are defending.

Exception:
There is an exception to the above setup/rules. The very first church that you start with will be a church that has a 6 field radius and is 10 points. This church can not be upgraded at any point. In addition, the original church can't be damaged by catapults.

EDIT(s):
-Yes you can demolish your first church. However it would be a huge waste. As when you build it back, it will still just be the same 'first (non-upgradible) church'. You can only move it to another village if you have no other churches/
-If you lose your first church, you can rebuild it if you have no other churches.
-Churches only effect your own villages, not allies, not others. Only yours.
-This church is a different one to the one that built priests on the early german servers.
-Barbs/Bonus will not be effected by churches (I.E stacking troops)
-All calculations of religion will be done at landing time.
-It takes 400 catapults to destroy a lvl 1 church
167 to take lvl 2 to lvl 1
and 125 to take lvl 3 to lvl 2
Or 600 to take lvl 3 down completely.
This is with against a empty, wall-less village with 0% luck, no morale penalty and religious attackers (religion makes no difference to the defence of target buildings)

Last edited:

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of the radius of Level 1,2 and 3 Churches?
Can I plz have the link? :)

One did get posted but it has been deleted I think it was in the W30 General thread about which settings to have for this world.

Here is a pic at L3 which is all thats left:

rad.png

DeletedUser41666

Aparently you can rebuild your first church anywhere now. Aslong as you demolish it. And then rebuild it in a building without a church. I'm not sure for definate, and I can't play w30 to test it out.... I might try it on a private speed round tomorrow if I get chance....

DeletedUser

Aparently you can rebuild your first church anywhere now. Aslong as you demolish it. And then rebuild it in a building without a church. I'm not sure for definate, and I can't play w30 to test it out.... I might try it on a private speed round tomorrow if I get chance....

I asked Pulsar to check in on this to make sure it wasn't a bug, and I also asked that if he posted it on the forum to give my tribemates credit for the discovery. :icon_rolleyes:

Credit goes to -Assailant- and SymF for figuring this out.

Joediggity

Church Effect:
All villages that are not contained within a church radius will have all troops' defensive and attack power reduced to 50%.
This means that you can attack outside your church's radius, as long as the attacking village is inside it.
Defending troops take the church effect of the village/person they are defending.

From the simulator and real life situations this does NOT appear to hold true. It appears if you attack a village outside of the influence of your church it fights at a reduced strength. Please check and confirm this.

DeletedUser

Church Effect:

From the simulator and real life situations this does NOT appear to hold true. It appears if you attack a village outside of the influence of your church it fights at a reduced strength. Please check and confirm this.

The Simulator can not show what you are saying I think.

You can not be non religious if the attacking village is within the influence of a CHURCH in your owner ship. The simulator would only show you with or without religion the same as has been stated. Therefore you can not simulate the issue you are describing. You may show actual reports of the incidents then we can check what you are describing

My question to you is did you check the morale and luck when making your comparissons ?????

DeletedUser

I havent read the pages of this thread so am unsure if the information I have is already known.

The edit I would like to propose is that you can in fact get another first church.

I decided to go after a 12k player for my first noble and was disappointed to find that after I had nobled his main village, one of his other villages that I am now nobling has a first church in it. I had been hoping for a nice 50% but oh well.

DeletedUser54984

It is clearly stated that you can build another first church, if you do not have a church at all.

That said, why must it be a church? what about all of us pagans? =D

DeletedUser41666

Yes you can move it. I really need to edit the first post with all the recent info, delete the spam and clean up... I'll do it. When I have time.

DeletedUser

Not influenced by the church
Fighting power as attacker: 100%

Whats that mean? My troops fight like normal or 50% worst?

DeletedUser41666

Not influenced by the church
Fighting power as attacker: 100%

Whats that mean? My troops fight like normal or 50% worst?

It means if you took it yourself it wouldn't be under the influence of your troops.

Fighting power as attacker, is 100% so they fight at full power.

DeletedUser

Hmm i noticed that one of my villages is within two churches radius and instead of the usual Religion: 1 It has Religion: 2. Does this have any effect on the belief/fighting abilitys or is it just to inform me that even if i lose one of the churches it still is under influence?

DeletedUser41666

Hmm i noticed that one of my villages is within two churches radius and instead of the usual Religion: 1 It has Religion: 2. Does this have any effect on the belief/fighting abilitys or is it just to inform me that even if i lose one of the churches it still is under influence?

Just to inform you.

DeletedUser

Pulsar,

Since you cleaned up this thread I don't see a response to my question:

When attacking, are your troops religious (when the attack lands) based on when the attack was sent or only when the attack lands? (I.e., if the church is demolished or built after the attack is launched)

DeletedUser

Pulsar,

Since you cleaned up this thread I don't see a response to my question:

When attacking, are your troops religious (when the attack lands) based on when the attack was sent or only when the attack lands? (I.e., if the church is demolished or built after the attack is launched)

answer:

-All calculations of religion will be done at landing time.

DeletedUser

Anyone know the build times for the first church at any HQ level?

I presume it will be different to the level 1 church because it's demolision time is so short. Thanks.

DeletedUser

Anyone know the build times for the first church at any HQ level?

I presume it will be different to the level 1 church because it's demolision time is so short. Thanks.

And how much is the resource cost of the first church. Cheers.

0NeverDIes

I now see Belief: 1, rather than Religion: 1

Is this a change or just another name for the same thing?