Change, We Can Believe In

DeletedUser

It's been a while since I've posted on the forums other than this world.
Before you hit that button and post something negative, keep in mind, it's really been a while.:)

It came to my intention, that this world has been dying from inactivity. In both ways for the in-game tribe forums and official forums. I thought to myslef, what can WE do to make a change?

Many blame the world settings...

Really to me it seems fine.

Take a look at it.

World 33 will be .5 server speed with 2x troop speed
World 33 will start on Tuesday January 27th between 13:00 ST and 15:00 ST

World 33
Packets - Constant Price, 1 packet per noble.
Barbs grow to 1000 Points
New Bonus Villages: Yes
Church: Yes
Pally: No
Archers: Yes
Techs: Simple Research
Tribe Limit: 99

Villages will start at an increased point value from the beginning of the world and will include 3 HQ, 6 Clay, 6 Wood, 6 Iron.

I believe the overall setting greatly adapts to my Real Life time managment. Like come on, I come from school, log in at the perfect time. Put a in a few queues, check the forums, post my thoughts. Then log back in every 45 mins or so for about 15 mins.

This is perfect timing for me since it's 2x the troop speed.

Anyways, heres what a few members think what suits their own world settings.

(Information grabbed from Babizzle)

Babizzle's world:
World speed: .75
Troop speed: 1
Moral: No
Building destruction: Yes
Command cancel time (secs): 1200
Trade cancel time (secs): 600
Free premium points: Normal
Beginner protection (days): 0
Church: No
Archers: No
Packets: Yes
Coins: No
Max noble distance: Unlimited
Paladin: Yes
Type of Research (simple or tech-tree): Simple
Tribe Member Limit: 100

Jeremyleite's world

World speed: 1
Troop speed: 1
Packets: Yes
Coins: No
Paladin: No
Tribe Member Limit: 50

Lord Takeo

World speed: .25
Troop speed: 1.5
Moral: no
Building destruction: yes
Command cancel time (secs): 600
Trade cancel time (secs): 300
Free premium points: none
Beginner protection (days): 3
Church: yes
Archers: no
Packets: yes
Coins: no
Max noble distance: unlimited
Paladin: no
Type of Research (simple or tech-tree): simple
Tribe Member Limit:30

Neversleeps

World speed: .50
Troop speed: 2
Moral: No
Building destruction: Yes
Command cancel time (secs): 1200
Trade cancel time (secs): 600
Free premium points: Normal
Beginner protection (days): 0 Days
Packets: Constant noble
Coins: Constant Noble
Max noble distance: Unlimited
Paladin: Yes
Tribe Member Limit: 25

I can definitley tell form this that many members prefer slow worlds(Bias, since many players prefer to be in a slow world, therefore post their feedback).

But it's the Tribe Member Limit!
It's the amount of players within the tribes that controls the overal structure of the players in this world. 1 leader, who looks after the whole tribe can't simply observe the inacitivty not just in game, bu tin forums with thoughts for every single player.

This is the question that many do not know the answer to...Whats lacking the acitivty from players in game and forums?

It's simple, this world's forum just seems to boring.

A thread starts, develops with a few posts, and thats it!

I log in everytime and see the SAME THREADS continuing on and on about the same thing which leads up to conclusion.

Threads like "20 Top Tribes"<---Not being directive to the player that posted, just stating a example, cannot ever lead up to a final conclusion. If we ever want to have these kind of thread, limit it. Look around, if you see someone already posted about tribes, don't post one again! Just post your opinion in that thread.

We got to show we care about our forums and have to do something about it!
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.

obama-change.jpg

We need a change in direction!

Change is what we need!

Thank you for reading, I will update and expand furthermore about this, if it grabs attention.

Zzylo.:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

So what, exactly, do you want to do? What kind of threads are you looking for? In my opinion it's threads like these that make a forum boring, because there's no point to them and they don't achieve anything. Either you play the world or you quit. The settings are what they are, they're not going to change any time soon.

DeletedUser

No one ever said anything about the settings being bad, I said they seem fine too me. I think just how a tribe works with members simply divded to have specific roles, we should fun events and threads in here too.

DeletedUser

If someone of course has the time, perhaps can make a weekly news article or a game or such.

These are all ideas.

themonkey

I'm sorry, but despite my initial high hopes for this server the settings *are* bad, and people are fast working out why, hence the inactivity...

First off, the x2 troop speed has meant that there is a huge disparity between those that are able to farm properly and those that cannot, meaning if you can't then you end up in a region dominated by others far quicker which is never fun, and if you can then you are surrounded by players that are doing nothing, but would absolutey cripple you with morale...

This would normally be bad enough in itself, but in a 0.5 speed world it means that it takes around a month(!) to build a nuke. I dunno if it's just me, but I can't see anybody being particularly happy about hitting a semi-active turtle with sod all troops, carring no threat whatsover, but having to lose 3 weeks worth of troops to do it because because 60% morale is the best you can find on a nearby player. The only alternative players like me have is to hit bonus/barb vills, but building them up only to repeat the act again just gets so mundane its untrue...

All in all, the stupid build times, added to the crippling morale and factoring in the growing barbs means its far more effective to build bonus vills than actually attack anything. A little banter on the forums isn't going to fix a server with settings that actively encourage you not to attack other players.

This was originally viewed as a vet friendly world because previously collecting noble packets have been the bane of many a player, but this alternative seriously feels like out of the frying pan and into the fire...

Sorry, but just my thoughts on it. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Hmm, maybe I should fix this so I can explain and make it easier for others to understand.

What you said about the real world setting and the tactics you use is true, however what I am trying to do really is to make World 33 FORUMS COME ALIVE.

The in-game play time is all about the players choice, however I am saying, we should be able to do something so that the forums can be come might more exciting!

I am making this more direct towards the forums not the game play.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, but despite my initial high hopes for this server the settings *are* bad, and people are fast working out why, hence the inactivity...

First off, the x2 troop speed has meant that there is a huge disparity between those that are able to farm properly and those that cannot, meaning if you can't then you end up in a region dominated by others far quicker which is never fun, and if you can then you are surrounded by players that are doing nothing, but would absolutey cripple you with morale...

This would normally be bad enough in itself, but in a 0.5 speed world it means that it takes around a month(!) to build a nuke. I dunno if it's just me, but I can't see anybody being particularly happy about hitting a semi-active turtle with sod all troops, carring no threat whatsover, but having to lose 3 weeks worth of troops to do it because because 60% morale is the best you can find on a nearby player. The only alternative players like me have is to hit bonus/barb vills, but building them up only to repeat the act again just gets so mundane its untrue...

All in all, the stupid build times, added to the crippling morale and factoring in the growing barbs means its far more effective to build bonus vills than actually attack anything. A little banter on the forums isn't going to fix a server with settings that actively encourage you not to attack other players.

This was originally viewed as a vet friendly world because previously collecting noble packets have been the bane of many a player, but this alternative seriously feels like out of the frying pan and into the fire...

Sorry, but just my thoughts on it. :icon_neutral:

Completely agree with everything there. I want to noble myself because of morale and when players log in once every two weeks it just kills your nukes and makes you want to wait for a new world. :icon_sad:

The reason the forums are dead, zzylo, is because players lack the enthusiasm to take on this world with their fullest attention. They don't bother to read and post in the forums because they lack the drive to even log on and build up their villages. The worlds settings are messed up quite a bit and that is the reason the forums are dead.

So unless you want to hack TW, zzylo, and fix the settings, the forums are going to be dead.

DeletedUser

I vote someone goes and fetches Tic Toc so the Tic Toc Times can start again.
:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Geschlossen? :icon_biggrin:
Geschlossen :icon_twisted:! This world is not as boring as compared to a month ago. There are so many developments now that its hard to keep up. This thread is totally irrelevant and we have discussed this across many MANY threads MANY MANY times. What change do i see here? Nothing. This thread contributes nothing new.

DeletedUser

Geschlossen :icon_twisted:! This world is not as boring as compared to a month ago. There are so many developments now that its hard to keep up. This thread is totally irrelevant and we have discussed this across many MANY threads MANY MANY times. What change do i see here? Nothing. This thread contributes nothing new.

Love your opinion:)

Just discussing this for fun.

DeletedUser

I would like to have a vote for change on the world. The resource fields producing more would be fine with me. Make farming more fruitful and this world more interesting. As well as make it worth a damn to even build your fields, as I have yet to see the benefit with the cost vs gain.

DeletedUser

I would like to have a vote for change on the world. The resource fields producing more would be fine with me. Make farming more fruitful and this world more interesting. As well as make it worth a damn to even build your fields, as I have yet to see the benefit with the cost vs gain.

The change he was talking about isn't exactly a change in world settings :icon_wink:

Anyway, if you pay more attention to the world in general zzylo, you will see that there is indeed a lot of activity. A whole lot of planning and diplomacy changes are going on.. they just haven't made their way to this forum.. not yet at least

DeletedUser

you see zzylo. Learning from experience. If you give Evoke even the slightest hint of what is going on in the game through the forums, they will immediately try to send spies (or create)...Haha so better to keep everything under the radar....

DeletedUser

you see zzylo. Learning from experience. If you give Evoke even the slightest hint of what is going on in the game through the forums, they will immediately try to send spies (or create)...Haha so better to keep everything under the radar....

Lol, i still remember a radar discussion right when the world started.. last time i checked it was broken :lol: hehe

DeletedUser

If you can't get enough resources from your farms... you doing it wrong :icon_neutral: