The Graphics Tutorial Thread

DeletedUser

Hey, a GIMP user...^_^

Nice, I'm a GIMP User as well.

^_^

All I can say is experiment. I've been trying to copy some of the details of the Signatures that had been done in Photoshop.

Pretty cool I say, right now I just found out how to make a Pattern. Thanks, Kash...I seen TicTocBoom's Guide, but he used Photoshop. I asked, Kash yesterday..., and I clicked on everything...

So, I found out the difference.

Instead of going to Edit - Define Patter, us...the GIMP Users...

Have to go to Edit - Paste as - New Pattern - Name it, from there...follow TicTocBoom's Guide(WELL YOU HAVE TO CHANGE A COUPLE OF THINGS).

This is what I came up with it...
(NOT THE BEST WORK, BUT WE WILL BE THERE...HOPEFULLY)

With Scanlines:

Holynez1.jpg

Without Scanlines:

Holynez.jpg

So I say, yes these Guides can be use as well by a GIMP-er...^_^

This is an awesome Topic, Intersum!!!

Anyway, I think you already know that...

Any tip(s) that you can give to me, Prototype???

How did you made your Left Image blend with the entire Signature???

Even easier, download a scanline pattern from Deviant Art...:icon_wink:

And add a layer mask to the scanlines to blend them in...:icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Even easier, download a scanline pattern from Deviant Art...:icon_wink:

And add a layer mask to the scanlines to blend them in...:icon_cool:

I didn't know that...thanks!!!

^_^

One question, what is a C4D's???

Sorry, I am a nOob in this field right now.

DeletedUser

Personally, 80 pixels high is too small to create a good signature using c4d. I have tried though, and used it as the background. You don't notice it much, because I have put alot into the picture and I think I stuffed it up a bit.

demo.jpg

DeletedUser

Personally, 80 pixels high is too small to create a good signature using c4d. I have tried though, and used it as the background. You don't notice it much, because I have put alot into the picture and I think I stuffed it up a bit.

demo.jpg

I can barely see it though.

At first glance you can't see it.

DeletedUser

demo.jpg

Its too clustered..:icon_confused:

If you cant fit the entire render in, IMO, the face is the most important part, and should almost always be in the sig. Also, the sig doesn't have flow, and the text is...crazy.

But I really like the C4D blending, looks like a vortex.. :icon_surprised:

DeletedUser

Yeah, I know there are problems, but I only made it in about 15 minutes. If you look you can still see in the gaps of Luigi the background that I took it from. 80 high just isn't large enough to make a serious signature, but personally I still like it for some reason.

DeletedUser

I've never made a sig bigger than 80px high.
Though yes it is annoying having to get rid of some cool part of the pic, because i want to keep the face in it. :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

Here we go, I tried another one. I'm just not too good at making siggies so here it is.

luigi-demo.jpg