Religious Debate

• Thread starter DeletedUser71940
  • Start date

DeletedUser71940

Well seeing as less than an hour ago the mighty Jehova Witnesses had breached my household and decided to put a sermon on top of my head, the sermon which had then resulted in a heated argument as to whether the God, or as they know, Jehova is real. As to whether there is Heaven and Hell?
How did the Arc fit such a large variety of animals, and if it did it could not have possibly fitted all of the current existing species? So after much discussion I have come to this conclusion:

There is no evidence that the God exists, if he does I shall eat my own head.

There is no heaven or hell, if there is I shall eat my own foot.

Arc is a myth created by the religion. If it is a true non-fictional story I shall eat my own hand.

Adam was NOT the first man, unless he had a healthy sperm count and Eve was a super wonderwoman who could pop out babies at will, we would all be inbreds. If that is true I shall eat my other foot.

Christianity is a fraud created by a few men in their mid 40's who decided to make some quick cash by convincing people to their own point of view and charging them for believeing in a segment of their imagination, if that is true I shall pat myself on the back and exclaim "Well done."

Now, this is my view and there are people who beleive that God is real, whatever your argument may be, spit it out and I will try to spot the flaws in your argument concerning the religion.

I personally believe that Buddhism is about the only good religion out there that had not started any wars, well the major ones anyway.

Christianity - Crusades,

Islam - Civil Unrest in Central Asian countries(Constant war between different fractions).

Just a few that spring to mind.

What's your belief concerning the religion?

DeletedUser

I am biased, first let me start with saying I AM a Christian. Now , I hate to say this being a Christian but I do not believe in a God. If God was real, the "all being super-power" who created us, he would honestly want the best for us. IF he was real why would he make soooooo many peoples live's f******d up (such as mine).

Next, based on YOUR [proto's] beliefs, their are many many ways around each theory. Adam and Eve, yes this is one of the craziest things but one which I am not sure enough to believe in. Adam would have to have the most outrageous sperm count I have ever heard of.
Conceringing everyone must being a "inbred"- IT's merely devolopmental and adaptations to your surroundings. Africans, their land is to be said as one of the hottest land in the Earth. As a adaptation, they have darker skin because they cannot get sunborn and they don't feel the suns rays as rapidly and as beating as everyone else due to the immense heat.

Heaven and hell- I am not so sure about this one. I would love to believe this, and would Love to believe this is where EVERYONE can exist. I would love to believe this is the best place, everything you want is their, you can live in "divine hapiness" but this just seems highly illogical (if heaven doesn't exists, thats major /facepalms to all you suckers who killed yourselves just to go their) I believe in rebirth in a possible way. I believe once we die, our soul goes to A/B] heaven which we are unaware of and our body (not our actually tangible body) is reborn to a new life which no one is aware of.

Noah's Arc- This I believe is true. Highly true. Mayby not noah is true, but the arc and the animals. Yes, you may think that how the hell (no pun intended) can you fit all the animals on the earth on a friken boat. Simple, their were a huge belittled amount of animals. This came from survival of the fittest and adaptations. For example, do you think animals in a Artic area would be the same as one from a Rain Forest? NO! they simply adapted to their necessities . For example, if their were 2 islandds, one of the same exact animal were placed their, on island one their wwere nuts as food, and island 2 their were usually fish as food. Due to competition, you must get with what you can survive with, whcih in this case , the animal on island one will eventualy, possilby after numerous generations, would adapt to most likely haveing a hard, sharp , shorter beak, to crack the nuts and get the food inside. On the contrarty, the animals on island 2 would most likely have outragously long , thin beaks so that they can retrieve thier fish food (no pun intended again =D) .

Thank you, and this is my report :)

/me stands and takes a huge bow =)

btw this is probably the lognest thing i ever wrote, even in school =P

DeletedUser

The apocalyptic message in most religions is quite disturbing. The institutionalised religions have always been full of falsehoods and corruption, and lead to spiritual and moral decay in their followers imo. Some of the most horrific events in human history have taken place in the name of religion.

The fact that people are born in to religions annoys me the most. Every human being should be free to experience life and learn it's secrets on their own terms, not on the terms of some ridiculous doctrine.

DeletedUser

The apocalyptic message in most religions is quite disturbing. The institutionalised religions have always been full of falsehoods and corruption, and lead to spiritual and moral decay in their followers imo. Some of the most horrific events in human history have taken place in the name of religion.

The fact that people are born in to religions annoys me the most. Every human being should be free to experience life and learn it's secrets on their own terms, not on the terms of some ridiculous doctrine.

+1 agreed

DeletedUser71940

The thing about Noah's arc is despite you saying that the survival of the fittest might have been the option as to why there are so many species at the present, remember that the Catholic church, one of the main pillars of the Christian Church had called Darwin a fraud and only recently, only about a year or two ago agreed to his theory of the adaption. Unless you've changed your point of view recently, I do not see as to why you still consider the arc, besides the amount of species still needed to be conserved in order to have the current variety would be very extremely large, besides did you expect a lion and a deer to get along for 40 days?

The only thing I can say about the heaven and hell is there is no evidence for it nor against it, but I believe there is no heaven, it's just the body goes into some kind of spasm where the Brain replays some good memories, or something along the lines of that, those claiming that they had some "outerbody experience" either got high or something along the lines of that.

At the end of the day, if there are only two initial creators, that makes us inbreds nevertheless, admittingly it is a possibility that people have adapated to their environments, but it had been scientifically proven that the humans have evolved from chimps,well adapted more like, so unless Adam was a cheeky little monkey it is highly unlikely that he could record anything, unless the founders of the religion had had a fit where the God had told them of that, it is a fragment of their imagination.

DeletedUser

I don't think those stories are supposed to be taken literally. I think most clergy agree that they are just metaphorical.

DeletedUser71940

I was born into non religion familly gone religious so I knew what bogous religion was before my parents converted to Christianity, so I see the total insanity that some of the religions preach, that angers on the same level as the predictions of the end of the world, yes it may end, but in billions of years not in the imminent future, I just feel sorry for the people that have been snared into religion by their parents at an early stage in their development, admittingly morals taught by the religion are meant to help to shape the world as a better place, but some just take it too far by going door to door shoving their point across.

DeletedUser

Don't even get me started with the world ending, I'll shat myself, i have 3 fears:

1- the fear of death
2- the fear of the future
3- the fear of the existence of aliens

the world ending 2012 is involving 2 of the 3 fears, you don't understand, im crazy about my fears

DeletedUser

The universe seems like an awful waste of space if there is no life on other planets bigballer!

As for 2012.. I really don't get what that's all about. Some invisable dead star is going to kill us all, because the mayan calender ends? Or something?

DeletedUser

Religion serves two main purposes, always has and always will.

1. Religion is a tool used by the powerful to control the masses.

2. Religion is used to explain things that we can't explain.

Now, having said that, I will throw something out there about Noah's Ark. Were it just a Jewish/Christian/Muslim tale, it could easily be dismissed as one of many questionable tales in the Old Testament. But that is simply not the case. Most ancient cultures from all around the world tell a story of a planet wide flood. Most of those talk about someone building a big boat and filling it with animals. For that reason alone, I tend to think that the story is probably pretty true, although the major details are lost to us in time.

DeletedUser

Religion serves two main purposes, always has and always will.

1. Religion is a tool used by the powerful to control the masses.

2. Religion is used to explain things that we can't explain.

Now, having said that, I will throw something out there about Noah's Ark. Were it just a Jewish/Christian/Muslim tale, it could easily be dismissed as one of many questionable tales in the Old Testament. But that is simply not the case. Most ancient cultures from all around the world tell a story of a planet wide flood. Most of those talk about someone building a big boat and filling it with animals. For that reason alone, I tend to think that the story is probably pretty true, although the major details are lost to us in time.

What has happened to you, Pyker?:icon_confused:

DeletedUser

What has happened to you, Pyker?:icon_confused:

lol, absolutely nothing, Thirsty.

I am still as atheist as ever, but, when a bunch of cultures with no known contact between those cultures share a story that is remarkably the same, it would suggest that something like that really did happen.

DeletedUser

lol, absolutely nothing, Thirsty.

I am still as atheist as ever, but, when a bunch of cultures with no known contact between those cultures share a story that is remarkably the same, it would suggest that something like that really did happen.

:lol: , ok

Hmm, how old are this stories and how did they get there?:icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

They're thought to predate most of the ancient cultures we know about. It also thought the myth of Atlantis is someway tied to this flood, but that could just be coincidence.

DeletedUser71940

Yeah we have our own views, even the atheists, but nevertheless if we try to ram those views down the throats of Christians/Muslims/Jews whatever the religion they may be, we will be no better than them seeing as they always try to convert the masses.

I'd say that religion was invented to control the population from destroying each other after the fall of the Roman Empire, in order to instill some morals into the people, it's just now the religion is abused in a ways unimaginable, during the time of Crusades I bet the first pope turned in his grave seeing the consequences of the religion.

DeletedUser

Yeah we have our own views, even the atheists, but nevertheless if we try to ram those views down the throats of Christians/Muslims/Jews whatever the religion they may be, we will be no better than them seeing as they always try to convert the masses.

I'd say that religion was invented to control the population from destroying each other after the fall of the Roman Empire, in order to instill some morals into the people, it's just now the religion is abused in a ways unimaginable, during the time of Crusades I bet the first pope turned in his grave seeing the consequences of the religion.

I hope you are joking.:icon_neutral:

DeletedUser71940

Dude if your trying to get your post count up, don't be so blatant, those little sentences are irritating seeing as you do not even describe as to why you post them.

DeletedUser

Dude if your trying to get your post count up, don't be so blatant, those little sentences are irritating seeing as you do not even describe as to why you post them.

I'd say that religion was invented to control the population from destroying each other after the fall of the Roman Empire
:lol:
Not irritating as this one. And no, i'm not trying to get my post count up.