Demolishing buildings help please

DeletedUser

Can anyone tell me if I demolish a building do I get my resources back to put elsewhere, thanks I need help desperately

Zord Gaf

Elder Moderator
Tribal Wars Team
Elder
Contest Moderator
Reaction score
No, you will not get your resources back.

donovanrules12345

I would like to ask a question aswell.
If you demolish a building, does your ODA count rise the amount of troops that the building required to be built?
Example:
If the warehouse was at lvl 10, and it needs 10 troop spaces to go to lvl 11.
Then you demolish it from lvl 11 to lvl 10, does your ODA go up by 10?

DeletedUser

No, demolishing buildings, whether you demolish your own, or use cats to demolish someone elses, doesn't affect OD whatsoever.

DeletedUser

If the warehouse was at lvl 10, and it needs 10 troop spaces to go to lvl 11.
Then you demolish it from lvl 11 to lvl 10, does your ODA go up by 10?

LOL

HAHAH honestly that is funny, for that example you picked the ONLY building that dosnt affect troop space haha :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anyway 10 ODA is absolutely nothing, it dosent matter if it does or doesnt do that which it doesnt nobody really cares.

Last edited by a moderator:

shoturmumthe2nd

haha :p thats the best question ever asked in tw history

DeletedUser

LOL

HAHAH honestly that is funny, for that example you picked the ONLY building that dosnt affect troop space haha :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anyway 10 ODA is absolutely nothing, it dosent matter if it does or doesnt do that which it doesnt nobody really cares.

Farms don't take up troop space either. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

that dosnt affect troop space haha

he said affects troop space, not uses it :)

a farm gives more troop space.

DeletedUser

that dosnt affect troop space haha

he said affects troop space, not uses it :)

a farm gives more troop space.

I guess, technically speaking, since it raises the troop space it does affect it.

DeletedUser

these people are nearly as dumb as the guy in my siggeth

donovanrules12345

Well maybe if you use your brain and have played long enough, you should know of the advantages of gaining ODA when demolishing buildings. If your like me, and you've demolished THOUSANDS of buildings, then you would agree that something like this being implemented would be great.
And here is where mathematical skills come into play.
If you demolish a village so badly that it loses 1000 troop spaces, and you do this to 1000 villages, then you've just earnt yourself 1'000'000 ODA. I apologize if you were too thick-headed to realize this.
Any who, back to checking my village :)

The Great Champion

I really think that we should get some resources back from the demolished buildings.-like 25% of the resources used in the x build would come back to our hands.-but no, till date we can´t get our resources back sadly : (

DeletedUser

I really think that we should get some resources back from the demolished buildings.-like 25% of the resources used in the x build would come back to our hands.-but no, till date we can´t get our resources back sadly : (

Then post a thread in the suggestion forum.

DeletedUser

Well maybe if you use your brain and have played long enough, you should know of the advantages of gaining ODA when demolishing buildings. If your like me, and you've demolished THOUSANDS of buildings, then you would agree that something like this being implemented would be great.
And here is where mathematical skills come into play.
If you demolish a village so badly that it loses 1000 troop spaces, and you do this to 1000 villages, then you've just earnt yourself 1'000'000 ODA. I apologize if you were too thick-headed to realize this.
Any who, back to checking my village :)

LMAO. Are you serious? How about you just attack yourself for the free OD. That way you get ODA and ODD all at the same time. Then you can pretend to be a really great player. :lol:

Oh, and I love how you tell everyone in all your posts that they need to use their brains. Clearly that is a piece of advice you should take to heart for yourself.

donovanrules12345

I don't understand what your problem is. I have a valid point, so why are you being such a bully?

DeletedUser

No, you don't really. OD is scored based on troops you kill. Not on population space you remove. Therefore, if you demo a building, you are not actually killing any troops, which is why you shouldn't get any OD for it. Or didn't your brain make that leap?

donovanrules12345

Current population

Buildings (includes the building queue) 2890
Troops 18389
Troops in production 2721
All 24000
1. a. All of the people inhabiting a specified area.
b. The total number of such people.

2. The total number of inhabitants constituting a particular race, class, or group in a specified area.
Well considering buildings take up population space, and the definition of population is quoted above. It would be valid to leap into the acceptance that it is the same as killing troops. Seeing as troops also take up population. Of course, this is only a sub category, and the only sub category that is factored into OD. However, I was making a suggestion. I guess I should have posted it into the suggestion forum then :) My apologies .

DeletedUser

Current population

Buildings (includes the building queue) 2890
Troops 18389
Troops in production 2721
All 24000Well considering buildings take up population space, and the definition of population is quoted above. It would be valid to leap into the acceptance that it is the same as killing troops. Seeing as troops also take up population. Of course, this is only a sub category, and the only sub category that is factored into OD. However, I was making a suggestion. I guess I should have posted it into the suggestion forum then :) My apologies .

Again, try reading, it really helps. I didn't say that OD is a measure of the population space you kill, but a measure of the troops you kill. Buildings, while having populalation space, don't have troops, therefore you are not killing any troops when you demo them, so you shouldn't get OD for it.

donovanrules12345

Maybe you are the one that should try reading. Lemme explain again.
Troops take up population space.
Buildings take up population space.
So they both take up population space.
However (if u haven't noticed im agreeing with u), the OD is only calculated by the sub-category (this being troops), so my suggestion is that it should be both.
Do you understand now? Maybe you need to take some panadol so you can think clearly?