Religious Debate

• Thread starter DeletedUser71940
  • Start date

DeletedUser

So how bad are christian really.
The Knights Templar were a christian organized group during the holy crusades. They were funded by christians and fought for christians. It turns out that they were also betrayed by the pope and the king of france at that time which lead many of them to burn at the stake. Now, how would you feel if you fought for your religion and then your own religion decided to kill you?

As for the "self-hating jews" remark that doesn't even make sense. You speak about judaism like it is a race when it is not, it is a religion. Just because you are born into a jewish family doesn't not mean you automatically become jewish. I was born and raised in a roman catholic family and i am agnostic. It is my decision not my parents.

donperryon

Judaism, They did the same thing Hitler did, but more effecient, they actually did decimate a whole religious group, except a few "refugee's" they called them. They told these people If they didn't announce judism as there religion they would Kill all of them. So how's hitler for karma???
History channel shows a lot and they even just barely talked about it what a great secret the world chooses to ignore. I'll never believe in a religion that kills,

DeletedUser

Judaism, They did the same thing Hitler did, but more effecient, they actually did decimate a whole religious group, except a few "refugee's" they called them. They told these people If they didn't announce judism as there religion they would Kill all of them. So how's hitler for karma???
History channel shows a lot and they even just barely talked about it what a great secret the world chooses to ignore. I'll never believe in a religion that kills,

Organized religion is a crime in itself. It hurts a lot more than it helps. The idea of religion and a God is the most important thing, not the functions of the organizations that represent that God and religion.

I don't understand why you can't just worship the way you want to worship and that you are actually sinning if you don't go worship on the sabath and donate to the religion.

Religion really is where all the money is at.

DeletedUser

Juduaism is a religion, I'm quarter jewish. (my father's grandma

Why do jews have specific last names? Like any other race? Coincidence?

In some synagogues you have to take DNA test proving you have a certain percent of jewish blood.

There are jewish tribe the Pharisee jew is extinct so legally Israel isn't a legal homeland it should be somewhere near armenia and georgia.

There are two middle eastern Jewish tribes Pharasee and one more, one African Eheopian Jews and 5 catholic (IE Ashakazi)

So they're a religion and race.

Look up some history they claim to be a race themselves, it wasn't hitler who signified them as such

DeletedUser

But setting aside the emotional issues, Jews are clearly not a race.
you just debunked yourself with that link.

Also, i have never heard of any religion doing a DNA test. Religions are focused on converting many people from all backgrounds to help save them and show them the light from their perspective. It doesn't matter what your DNA says. Christianity, Islam, Hindu, Shinto and others aren't a race then why would Judaism be different?

DeletedUser

they are a cultural group as it said and most ahekanazi groups are fake Jews is what it implied, they're the religios ones. So they are Zionists while middle easteners and ethopian would be the real Jewish race.

Pizz

I am biased, first let me start with saying I AM a Christian. Now , I hate to say this being a Christian but I do not believe in a God. If God was real, the "all being super-power" who created us, he would honestly want the best for us. =P

Not sure if anyone else commented on this, but how the hell does that work?

DeletedUser71940

Jews are not a race, they are a religion. That's settled let's move onto a different religion, Islam?

DeletedUser

While I consider myself Christian I do not believe in the church as an institution. The church is run by man using the image of god to profit from.

The first bible was written 150 years approx after the death of Jesus.

Now on to "God", I do believe there is something greater than us, we are not the epitome of creation/evolution. There has to be something greater than us, if you want to call it "God" then that is the name you have given them.

----
A little bit of history...

The Knights Templar were turned on by the church because of the greed of other priests and clergy. The Knights Templar were the richest and most infulential of all religious sects. They had 3/4 of Europe in debt to them at one point.

To join the order you had to give all of your worldly possessions to the order. Nobility would give the templars land, houses, gold, etc so their children would be accepted into the order.

The King of France was in debt to the templars and when the templars were losing the crusades he used their deminishing popularity to have them overthrown.

It was said the templars held most of the greatest artifacts in history. Including King Solomons treasure and the golden fleece.

The Knights Templar quested for the Holy Grail also. One day they stopped searching for it and all returned back to their "home"...

Could they have possibly found it?

----
Hassanlou Hill - Treasury of Civilizations

Located 6 km from Naqadeh’s Soldoz Plain in West Azarbaijan province, Hassanlou Hill dates back to 6000 BC.

The Golden Chalice was found there...

The most important artifact discovered from the hill is the golden chalice that weighs 950 grams. It has a height of 21 cm and its diameter is 25 cm.

The chalice is very eye-catching and has patterns that probably depict a mythical story. It is currently kept at Tehran’s Ancient Iran Museum.

Hassanlou Hill is viewed as one of the important ancient and historical edifices of Iran.

DeletedUser

Sorry if I don't hit on earlier subjects but I'm tired and don't feel like reading them. Judaism is a religion, but the religion is based on certain physical attributes ie circumcision. They also believe themselves descended from Abraham through Jacob much like the Muslim community believes itself descended from from Abraham's other son with his mistress. (correct me if I'm wrong) but I am pretty sure that Judaism does not discriminate between those that are of "Jewish" decent as seen in the bible where Abraham's household and male servants are told to be circumcised to become clean. (I could be completely off base here it is very late and this caught my attention)

Now for the great crusades and the knights templar! Yes these people claimed to be Christians and to do things for the will of God, but if some crazy lunatic decides to say I'm a Christian and says "God commands me to kill these people!!" I would argue that he is not a Christian as with these people. Well maybe not not Christian but clearly misguided as to what a Christian truly is. They are corrupt in their dealings and care only about earthly wealth and it will carry on till the Reformation.

I think the definition of Christian goes beyond believing in Heaven and Hell and a supreme being governing us all. It is how we act and hold ourselves in serving Him that truly makes us Christian. Going around killing people in His name is not Christian like so to say Christianianity is to blame for all that killing is kinda silly. I mean there is this "baptist" church in NC that openly dispises gays and hates our troops overseas. They claim to be christians but truly they are a bunch of inbreds (fact) that use the name. Christianity is not to blame for such things, the people that are to blame are well the people. Just like money is neither good nor evil so it cannot be moneys fault when someone gets shot in the process in robing a bank. The end goal is the money but it is the person's fault for going about it wrong just like the templars and crusades were aiming a christianity in the wrong way.

Dante would have a great deal to say about aiming in the wrong way and so would aristotle (not a Christian) but we won't go there cause I fear them both O.O

Anyway open the discussion up on that and on this little tid bit.

The bible can be rationally explained in a way that both science and faith explain it. That is to say that many things in the bible can be explained and proven by scientific facts. Let's see how much discussion that opens up :D

DeletedUser

Judaism is a religion, but the religion is based on certain physical attributes ie circumcision

would that be humanoid group like Australoid, or mongoloid.

Did you check what you were mumbling, it's a religion with physical attribites and race is identity with spiritual attributes, right?

That was a litte oxymoronic.

DeletedUser

would that be humanoid group like Australoid, or mongoloid.

Did you check what you were mumbling, it's a religion with physical attribites and race is identity with spiritual attributes, right?

That was a litte oxymoronic.

Kinda confused by what you said but it was late last night and let me try to explain it better. The religion Judaism is based on physical attributes I didn't say the religion itself had them, but then again I just woke up so I could be blabbering again. :lol: My point is that although Judaism doesn't base their religion on genetic makeup they do require their community to participate in circumcision and kosher and what not, if that explains it better.

DeletedUser

Well, my bad to, Too often to I forgot to spellcheck, and what not, but read up on some Judaic theories and they consider themselves a race.
Here's a sum up:
Ashekanazi Jews are European, Fake jews who were converted near the Georgia, Armenia, Ajerbajan Etc Area, they can claim to be more a sub-race.
Pharasee Jews, Smallest but purest group.
Cannites, a group that was taken over By Judea and given Jewish citizenship, considered Semi-Jew.
Ethepoian Jews, Middle Eastern who decided to take advantage of AfriCA, not really sure about them.

DeletedUser

I have the answer to all your religious quandries. :icon_cool:

http://dudeism.com

OMG they named a religion after me :icon_eek:

And are you sure that the source you use is correct in saying race??? I mean believe it or not (I know it's hard to believe especially from cel :icon_rolleyes:) but not everything posted on the internet is 100% accurate. There may be those sects, but I think it's more akin to sects like Muslims sects and even Christian sects. They just have slightly different beliefs and practices.

DeletedUser

OMG they named a religion after me :icon_eek:

And are you sure that the source you use is correct in saying race??? I mean believe it or not (I know it's hard to believe especially from cel :icon_rolleyes:) but not everything posted on the internet is 100% accurate. There may be those sects, but I think it's more akin to sects like Muslims sects and even Christian sects. They just have slightly different beliefs and practices.

Nope, I don't just use internet websites or political site for my sources, I tend to enjoy reading up on political sciences in general, and like to track down what is true and untrue than base my opinion on things like the real definition for liberal implies to me.

I could direct you some novels if you would like to persist in this vague argument.