The Leadership: First brick in the Building

DeletedUser

Leadership: The first brick on the Building

Part 1: Re-doing the Basics

There are plenty of people playing TribalWars. There are plenty of Tribes on TribalWars.
But what is a Tribe?
What is behind the Scenes of the creations of Tribes?
WHY do players create Tribes?
And how does a Tribe affect other players in it?

This and more we'll find out soon.
The starting line of the Tribe is a founder.

1.) What is a Founder?

This most likely everyone knows. But it doesn't hurt if we re-do the basics of TribalWars.
A Founder is a TribalWars player, who decided to create a Tribe in order to share the gaming path and entertaining path with other TribalWars players.
A Founder is automaticly a Duke of the Tribe.

2.) Who or What is a Duke?

A Duke is a person who has the most priviliges in Tribe. Usually the Duke is the Founder of the Tribe, but the Duke privilige can be given also by a Duke – so that two players lead the Tribe shared.

3.) What are Priviliges and how they should be dealt with?

Priviliges are some advatanges in Tribe. We divide 7 priviliges:

- Hidden Forum Privilige
This privilige allows you to acces the Hidden Forums, which are located in Tribal Forums. Only the player with this privilige may see it, others can't.

- Forum Moderator Privilige

This privilige allows you to moderate the Tribal Forums. This includes: Deleting / Moving / Locking Thread and Posts on your Tribal Forums. Also you may set Threads as Importamnt and you're able to delete posts. Basic moderator stuff.

- Circular Mail Privilige
This allows you to send Circular Mails to your Tribe. A circular Mail is a mail sent to the WHOLE Tribe at ONCE.

- Diplomatic Privilige

This allows you to set Enemies / Allies / NAPs on your MAPs.

- Recruitment Privilige

This allows you to invite players to your Tribe

- Baron Privilige
Baron is a person who possess all other priviliges listed before.

- Duke Privilige
The main guy. Has all the priviliges and posses the power to Disband the Tribe.

So now that we refreshed our brains with some basics, let's move on!

Part 2: The Tribe

Players or better said Leaders have different views and definicions about the »Tribe«. Let's walk through with ideas of an Ideal Tribe.

1.) The Name
Here it starts. The name of your own Tribe. Woah, what an privilige! You can give a name you like, to be a name of your Tribe in a WorldWide game. But wait, if I like Pokemon, wouldn't that be a bit childish for others? Should I really putt Pokemon as a Tribe name?
Hmmm....no. I don't want my Tribe to look childish, I want that they respect us and fear us! Hmmm...so what do we say about.... yea... I like p*ssys! I should put that as a Tribe name, then I will look REALLY COOL!
But hey! There are rules! I can't putt offensive language as a Tribe Name! What should I do now?

And here we are back. The Tribe name might seem easy task, but it says ALOT for a Tribe. It must be very well putted. Ofcourse, some of the expirienced players take advantage of their known personalities, and use some funny words, but it's better for you to use something serious. I won't give examples.

2.) The Location

The location of your Tribe, well, you is also a very importmant task. As you know TribalWars Worlds divide the Map onto CORE, OUTTER CORE and RIM.
CORE – is a place where ussualy heat is very soon. The battles begin soon and most players quiet so there are alot of barbarian villages too.
OUTTER CORE – is a place where you can still feel the sense of wars but can relax.
RIM – is a place where you go, when you get nobled or join very late. It's the most quiet place.

So you should not think only what suits YOU the best, think on others! Your future Tribe Mates. If you decide for CORE, you may expect very aggresive players, and you must be prepared to lead an aggressive Tribe. If you decide for OUTTER CORE you may relax but still be steady on your members actions.
RIM is place where you can start your very first Tribe if you're a newcomer.

3.) The Leadership

This is the most importmant brick in your building. The Leader of the Tribe. The Leader can be the one who actually describes the whole Tribe.
He / She's attitude reflect the Tribe's attitude. He / She's behaviour pictures the Tribe's behaviour.

Be Patient – The first step. Be patient. Don't worry if you don't have many players. If you have only 5 members, don't be afraid that they might leave your Tribe, because of lacking of members. If they do – be happy, you got rid of junk.
Recruit slowly and patiently. Wait 3-5 days before you start to recruit seriously. Watch players developments and stats in history.And before you accept into your Tribe, request to account sitt their village - just to make sure you're deciding for the right player who might fill your expectations!

Have courage – Never kiss ass of your members. Never give them priviliges when they ask if you don't know them enough. Never let them control you. Have a hand and voice. You're the voice of this Tribe, and the decisions will be dealt with your final word or council ones. You may use POLL votings to try to reach similar decision as other wants.

Be wise – Be smarter than your members. Try to prepare everything they want to have in a Tribe. Good Forums, Organized Threads, Regular Updates of Tribe, Good members. Give them suggestions and talk with your Tribe Mates.

Be communicative – Open often communications with your Tribe mates. Even if it's Spam, it might be the first jumping plot in to sharing more serious stuff. Then after that, they gain your respect and confience in your Tribe.

Those are few steps worht mentioning about Leaders. Those should be some basic stuff a Leader must fullfill, if he / she decided to create a Tribe. Now to lead a Tribe into high rankings, can be hard but it can also be easy. The point is, you'll need to have a good player base.

The players of your Tribe, also represent your Tribe, so while recruiting think that you recruit someone who'll represent your Tribe. You are recruiting someone who'll share his ideas with yours and vice versa. Basicaly you'll chose someone to learn together more.
As the Tribe grows, relations in Tribe grow. They can grow good and also bad. Get rid of those bad relations with dismissals, as you don't want to boost down the morale of the Tribe, because of someone who's always complaing about something. Now that you bounded more, you can start to discuss about future of the Tribe.

Future of the Tribe, the goals, are very importmant. You need to see, what you want to achieve here. Because if you don't, you don't have any goals and your Tribe can't develop in the same way. And the basic of a good Tribe is – same development. So set a goal and go reach for it.

Wars will come sooner or later. You must be prepared on that. You must know that the basic ingridient to even start off playing this game are TROOPS. Troops will present you later on on rankings. Points can only make you a »One day star« and soon also a target of alot of players.
If you lead alone in the war situations, it's too hard. Try to find someone who can help you with it. You don't need to give him any high priviliges, just to share your ideas and let him help you achieve the goals.
When war is declared, plans should be made or the player will end up fighting solo on entire Tribe. Make plans in advance to avoid Thousands of »Help me I need support« Threads in your Support section.
Divide your Tribe Mates onto Defense based players and Attack based players. Always look at the map while doing that – as you must have for example, in 1 Group 3 Defense player and 3 Attack players. So that groups work effectively...

..To be continued.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To get a leader/tribe started for pre-mades you basically need some players who are average+ and that they respect you as well as you know them well and can trust them. Thus by already knowing/friends with your members considering most pre-made tribes are generally put together by experienced players everyone knows what to do so communication wont be a problem as well as working together and generally following orders and looking out for each other.

A tribe/leader is nothing without its members, with the tribe members support and co-operativity the tribe will/would/might flourish but it also depends on the leaders actions e.g. oooops! apparently the leadership was rubbish so they left and well fell apart. (dont know though could be wrong).

DeletedUser

Well it is a good read, but arn't much of this stuff not most likely useful for "noobs" ??

DeletedUser

For those who have time, read Through - mostly these are basics for the newcomers, but I didn't want to post it already on General, because I want to see your feedbacks.
However it won't hurt anyone to read it through, maybe it will remind you on some things.

@Wicker and Joey: Yes, I know. It's for the newcomers, it's actually meant to be posted under General Sections for them - but I wanted to see some feedbacks from you guys. And Joey, this isn't for premades.

DeletedUser

@Wicker and Joey: Yes, I know. It's for the newcomers, it's actually meant to be posted under General Sections for them - but I wanted to see some feedbacks from you guys. And Joey, this isn't for premades.

okay, good good. I thought so. So to get you some feed back, I think its pretty good. Its really easy to understand, and you got the most important stuff within the text. I can only recommend this for noobs.

Wicker!!!
Long time no see!

It is :) How are u?

DeletedUser

For those who have time, read Through - mostly these are basics for the newcomers, but I didn't want to post it already on General, because I want to see your feedbacks.
However it won't hurt anyone to read it through, maybe it will remind you on some things.

:lol:

nm then :lol:

suggestion? maybe add something relevant to recruitment defining how to recruit players.

e.g. sit them before inviting them.

DeletedUser

Wicker: Thanks!

Joey: Ah, ofcourse. Thanks for the suggestion, adding it.

DeletedUser

Wicker: Though you wouldn't allow, but in fact I wouldn't even request to account sitt you, because I know you - so yes, I need to remind you, we're talking about the newbie Leaders => It's good for them to be sure, what they're doing. If the player refuses, he refuses the invite too.

Sasa: Thanks alot! Yes, I thought I'll quit this World, but instead I started over, so I'm on again here too. :)

DeletedUser

Sasuke, as much as I appreciate you trying to help this community.

Not only is there a help option for these sort of basics, but every point you mentioned has already been scrutinized thoroughly through out discussions in the general forum.

DeletedUser

Not all allow you to sit them. Personally I don't let anyone into my account beside myself ofc. There are others and more effective ways.

well...

* if they dont sit you fair enough id send scouts
* if they dont sit you generally means their lying about their troop counts and just want to get in the tribe for support
* thats how point whores get in the family tribes and end up wasting their D's on pointless players that arent even worth supporting
* if it was me if they dont let me sit them im more suspicious into why dont you want me to see your account?

edit: what sasuke said if your known in previous worlds to obviously have done well then generally you wouldnt need sitting yet big dave still has to sit people who asks for invites in order to select the best of the best.

DeletedUser

Check-mate: Ofcourse, those things were spoken thousands of time, but I never gave an attempt to it. Player discuss things differently some do better some worse. But all know what their aiming for. I just give a Try and add my View of the meaning of Tribe and the Leaders. Maybe someone will understand mine better, as previously discussed. If you understand what I mean.

DeletedUser

Not to worry, I hope a few tribes can learn something from this, and being said, not many people read the general forums deeply.

DeletedUser

Wicker: Though you wouldn't allow, but in fact I wouldn't even request to account sitt you, because I know you - so yes, I need to remind you, we're talking about the newbie Leaders => It's good for them to be sure, what they're doing. If the player refuses, he refuses the invite too.

Yeah thats true. But a recruiting mail can do much too. Even if the player who lead the tribe is a noob, he can easily manipulate with other players by making a good invite mail. I've tryed that a few worlds ago, when I went under a totally diffrent name. I started in the core and made a good recruiting mail. And I really got some good players into the tribe, jsut by that mail.
Oh yes another very important thing you should add is the tribe profile. The tribe profile tells like everything about you. It show if your a noob tribe or not. The most important steps is not to put your allies and naps on it etc.

Great are you playing here???

Yes ofc, ever seen a world I've not been on?? :p

DeletedUser

wickerman - to add to that list keep it plain / simple / small and not a lot of stupid stuff on it basically :lol:

DeletedUser

Wicker: Tribe Profile => Good point, that will be added soon!

DeletedUser

wickerman - to add to that list keep it plain / simple / small and not a lot of stupid stuff on it basically :lol:

Bah you got a point :p I just like writting a lot of useless crap. I'm used to do that in school, just to make it looks longer :lol:

DeletedUser

I'll see many noob/family tribes making hell a lot of diplomacy early. Maybe explain why that isn't really good? And also tell why family tribes arn't the best solution.