In which CBTF announces it won't feed the crocodile.

• Thread starter DeletedUser73174
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Sorry but I wont sit here and watch you spout it :icon_eek:

Lets Dig out the old skype logs me thinks?

It’s funny the lengths people go to when there trying to discredit people. We both know he quit so let’s not twist it to try and make me look like I backstab my friends :icon_rolleyes:

I’m sure we can agree that when a pilot (who I’ve never met) takes over an account and plays it... well you can’t really argue that I’m attacking someone I knew for a year because sorry to break it to you that guy quit.

However I can confirm that after you and another CBTF member sent an e mail to the original owner he came back to help you out, until you find another owner for the account. Guess the first pilot just couldn’t cut it eh? :icon_eek:

You also say that I’m doing this to save my own hide? Yes that what I done I joined the enemy of the tribe which totally surrounds me for my own safety... :icon_rolleyes:

I'm only trying to dis credit your caps on him for one reason mac. Most ppl always thought of you as a friend in the tribe. After you left, you used an I'm sure are still using your influnce on a few of our other members that aren't so keen to your tatic's of being everyones buddy. Saying I won't attack you only means not untill I'm ready for you or my new friends attack you.

Vithrul was talking to you as a friend back on the 31st when he told you he was leaving an going to find a new pilot. You used that to your advantage an said oh snap I can take a bunch of easy caps off one of there bigger players an look like I'm a bad mofo around here moreover you knew where most of his troops were at. :icon_rolleyes:

An to answer your question mac. You knew the new owner hadn't takin over yet an that vith was just logging in every now an again to look over things. It wasn't untill I noticed you taking villages from him did I message him an asked him to setup a sitter if he couldn't be to active while waiting. So trying to spout out an sound like a hot shot that the new owner couldn't cut it. Is just bs coming outta your mouth again.

It's a smart move for you to use the friendship card on everyone when in the long run your only betrying them. Thats apart of the save your hide I'm talking about.

Now that being said I will say this. If is wasn't for us being your friends you wouldn't be where you are at today, you would have been rimmed eon's ago mac.

If you recall when we first met I knew there was something not right about you so we argued a lot cause I didn't like you. I even agrued with concrete about me not trusting you or the type of player you are specially after watching you spout your dummy out and defend Kraken the way you did an then turn around one morning join us an say hey guys I was just kiddin hehe an then went on to complain about them. At that time tho there wasn't much I could do cause I wasn't that far up yet in the totem pole..

Actually after awhile of playing together we came to our differences for the most part an then became friends even tho that I knew in my gut something just isn't right about this guy. I guess thats what you get for giving people the benefit of the doubt?

It wasn't untill your recently came back from your long vacation away (which who took care of you, your friends?) from Tw did you decide to start acting really weird an aweful pissy with everyone. Then you started talking about quitting soon after the war with THE kicked off an soon after that you through a temper tantrum cause you couldn't get what you wanted an left the tribe. In the mean time you kept your buddy status with everyone using them to get as much info about us as you could.

You make it seem like you were so justified in going to THE like we made up your mind for you because we talked about you. Any smart person with half a brain is going to talk about you when your within our K talking about joining the enemy tribe thats just commen cense dude.

I guess what it all comes down to is now is you were scared to fight THE ya got weak in the knees an saw a good opportunity to take advantage of all your old so called buddies. I can't wait till the pressure is back on you mate an you just say screw it an quit. Seen ya do that one before, but as always theres the perfect excuse for everything, just enjoy in while it lasts :icon_wink:

DeletedUser73174

vilthuril said:
Next topic, Mac! What can I say? Personal ally: Was, Is, Will Be, as the old slogan goes.

Y'Know...Its funny! I'm gonna isolate four players, since each one has something of a role in this rigamarole.

So both the guys Vilth planned to use and Vilth himself are being taken out. Although, its still pretty darned early to say this is anything more than a meager blip to Vilth. He's pretty big, and it'll take more than this to take him down. Furthermore, I'll credit some of this success to a true surprise factor - MacReady08 is new to THE, is ex-CBTF, and joined precisely because of this policy of "recruit recruit recruit." We screened him carefully, interviewed him in detail, and ultimately accepted his application to join us based on his merits - unlike, as others have, the fact that he had villages to serve as a meat shield.

Hail All!

Since my name has been mentioned....

As noted elsewhere, the old, unimproved Vilthuril is indeed leaving the building to make room for a new Vilthuril. Much could be said about many things, but there is one important question that must be addressed. Who will take on my role in Mac's care and cleaning now that I am no longer available? Accordingly:

I, Vilthuril the Former, being of sound mind and virtual body, hereby will and bequeath all interests I possess in the player known as Macready08, along with their pertaining benefits and responsibilities, to JPohlman and AK_Iceman, in token of my respect for them. Sadly, I cannot give you unencumbered title to responsibility for Mac because much of it continues to be shouldered by others. However, I sincerely hope that you and your tribe find as much pleasure and benefit in Mac, his conversation, and his various emotions and behaviours as I, along with my friends and tribemates, have over the last half year.

Truly,
Vilthuril

As a postscript: I strongly advised Mac, for two reasons, to listen to the urging of myself and many others and return to CBTF, or in any case join a tribe other than THE. One reason was that I do not think he will survive the move. That is as it may be, and as I told him, I believe there can be glory in going down fighting an honourable fight. The other and more important reason, however, is that I do not see this fight as honourable. Mac and I both continue to have friends within CBTF, at least some of these friends being the same. Mac has urged his friends to remain neutral in regard to him; he has said he will not attack them, if they in return stand by while he fights other members of their tribe. What he has not explained to me, and I think would not be able to clearly explain, is how this will not hurt those friends in the long run. Will other THE members also not attack them? Assuming that CBTF loses the war, which is made more likely by Mac fighting against CBTF even if Mac himself is eventually destroyed, will all his friends be accepted into THE? I hardly think so! Rather, if CBTF loses this war then his friends will be destroyed either by THE or by neighbouring tribes. My biggest objection to what Mac has done is not that he has attacked my account, whether I was piloting it or not. I would have fought him whether it was me he attacked or any other member of the tribe. What I object to is that by weakening the tribe that his friends and mine are in, he is also weakening and speeding the demise of those friends.

And now, farewell, and best wishes!

--V

DeletedUser

so it has gone from pointing fingers toward the CBTF members THE are taking out to "omg macs is such a bad guy" i for one think mac's a nice fellow and im glad to have him onboard our little flying dutchman :)

That said, all i want to add here is, how long do you think youl last CBTF ?

Macready08

Hail All!
As a postscript: I strongly advised Mac, for two reasons, to listen to the urging of myself and many others and return to CBTF, or in any case join a tribe other than THE.

The last 2 posts seem to be all about how I’m a bad guy etc etc :icon_eek:

Fact is - I can’t be that bad, why? Well as you said there you (CBTF) still want me back. However CBTF just can’t accept that I don’t want back so turn to trying to throw dirt at me. That can work 2 ways but I won’t be sinking to that level :icon_wink:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

:lol: Ego check Mac. What did I tell you on skype earlier? Never gonna happen as long as I'm here, an thats a fact! Also another fact.. They don't know you well enough to really see just who mac is yet. It's okay tho mac always comes out sooner or later. So they will know, it's just a matter of time ..

Also sinking to our level? Were just giving the world our side of the story since I'm sure you have had plenty of time to go around an say otherwise.

dexa so it has gone from pointing fingers toward the CBTF members THE are taking out to "omg macs is such a bad guy" i for one think mac's a nice fellow and im glad to have him onboard our little flying dutchman

That said, all i want to add here is, how long do you think youl last CBTF ?

Unno why but this just poped into my head after reading part of this..

A guy picks up a book, he doesn't really have a clue what it's about. He's just so enticed by the new cover of the book an just the features he see's on the cover it's all flashy an loud, like a baby that just got new rattle to play with.

So ya end up buyin the book, ya take it home an well, it's not really what it turned out to be in the long run. Moral of the story I guess would be, never judge a book by It's cover?

On another note tho, I do know why you would feel happy about having someone else on board ^^

@ Like I said before were still here an not going anywhere anytime soon, but I'm sure that will be said at least another 1000 times before this this thread disappears ^^

spleen mage

Yay, analogy time!

I'd like to think it's more like going to the pet-shop, and buying a pet cat (as everyone knows dogs are stupid). Treat it nicely, and you have a loyal companion for life; treat it badly and it's gonna bugger of and find a new owner.

Moral of the story: Don't piss on your own pets

(Ok, so I made up a moral, but it seemed good enough....)

the pink panther

:blah blah blah

@ Like I said before were still here an not going anywhere anytime soon, but I'm sure that will be said at least another 1000 times before this this thread disappears ^^

HAM said excatly the same thing over an over aswell :icon_wink:

Also interestingly enough

K23
Rank Tribe name Points Villages
1 THE 4,83 Mio. 502
2 CBTF 4,71 Mio. 498

Last edited:

DeletedUser

All this back and forth is very exciting and all, but the question on everyone's mind isn't how soon THE will regret their new recruit? THE question is how Parmenion is taking all this?

[player]macready08[/player] is a fugitive and previously claimed by me. Any tribe taking him in will by default become my enemy.

This is your only warning.

Okay...I'm wondering about the first question a little.

DeletedUser

We're currently exchanging nukes with him. He sent nukes mostly at Jubal and dalowin, since they occupy space in his continent, but we're launching long-range still from K23 and K24. I won't be surprised if this breaks out into war between THE and BD. Watch the PnP for the upcoming declaration. :)

Anyway, this isn't the place to discuss it.

Back on-topic: Two of our war OP targets went barb yesterday... Weird timing, considering we started attacking them a week ago. :)

DeletedUser

We're currently exchanging nukes with him. He sent nukes mostly at Jubal and dalowin, since they occupy space in his continent, but we're launching long-range still from K23 and K24. I won't be surprised if this breaks out into war between THE and BD. Watch the PnP for the upcoming declaration. :)

Anyway, this isn't the place to discuss it.

Back on-topic: Two of our war OP targets went barb yesterday... Weird timing, considering we started attacking them a week ago. :)

Yes I have mostly been dodging Parms attacks due to the loud screaming axemen he sends :)

DeletedUser92

All this back and forth is very exciting and all, but the question on everyone's mind isn't how soon THE will regret their new recruit? THE question is how Parmenion is taking all this?

Query: Why wouldn't THE talk to its allies before recruiting someone?
Response: It did.

DeletedUser

I sent a nuke to one of the parmenion's villagess. But when my troops arrived, it was a beerfest there so they just got drunk.

When they got back, they were in terrible shape, most of them had terrible headaches, light cavalry men forgot their horses, axemen took spears and swords instead of axes.. Now I have a mixed village...

Gicusan

We must notice the wise sayings from this page:

first: "Never judge a book by its cover." Nice.

But the second rulz:

"Never piss on your cat."

:D

And by the way THE, your war is welcomed.

[aside]I am sending all my spears on them.[/aside]

the pink panther

Side 1:
Tribes: THE
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: CBTF CBTF-D
Players:

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 52
Side 2: 21
Difference: 31

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 490,487
Side 2: 205,620
Difference: 284,867

image.php

Side 1:
Tribes: THE
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: CBTF CBTF-D
Players:

Timeframe: Last month

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 113
Side 2: 57
Difference: 56

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 1,084,075
Side 2: 496,791
Difference: 587,284

image.php

About 2-1 seems right

DeletedUser

That was a deliberate statement to force macready into contacting me so that I ensured he would join a tribe of my choosing. It had the desired effect and it helped that he was on the same page anyway.

Remember lads - this is PnP but all that goes on is not stated on the forums, they are merely another tool for those who are thinking long term. Most of you wont be around to see me reach 1,500 cities ;)

MR.MR

Really, that was totally unneccessary jeremy.

To be honest guys, I fell for the parm sending attacks spiel. I would enjoy watching a war between BD and THE, that would be epic. But here isn't the space to discuss it, maybe in fraser's off-topic thread.

CBTF obviously is feeding the crocodile, it was honorable for them to stand up and declare, but it hasn't gotten them much of anywhere.

DeletedUser

So many players walk that fine line between playing fair and cheating. If this is for real, well... I am very disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator: