w8 Hall of Fame

DeletedUser

If snaus were the best, he wouldn't have quit the moment he saw Jaaz join [DT]. He would have stuck around and he would have held off [DT]. He couldn't, and he knew it. So, while he was at the top of his game, he decided to leave, just like that, before anyone could remove him from his position.

Snaus is now barbarian.

You do talk some rubbish. snaus did not leave because Jaaz joined DT and for them who dont know, Jaaz is not the real player in W8 anymore, He was being sat by Virk when N.O started attacking the account. It was because of things like this going on in this world that myself and a couple of N.O had enough of this world. So we have quit.

DeletedUser

I left January 1st 2009 for about 3 or 4 months. The account was getting nobled way to easy so I came back with the intention on deleting. DTATDM talked me out of deleting and then he deleted with no warning. I have been logging in, off and on, since about mid April?? (my dates could be off) Up until N.O attacked my account, I would not say I was active. I am sure the only reason I was not booted from Myriad was points as I know I was yellow and even red more than I wasn't. With the attacks from N.O, I actually had some fun and was very much looking forward to a "fair" fight with them.

If Snaus deleted because I joined DT, well, that wasn't exactly how I wanted it to go, but it doesn't surprise me. They all knew attacks were coming and it's a whole lot easier to play this game attacking than it is defending, when time is considered. They were all good at leaving when the going was getting tough.

To stay on topic:

Best players, imo: in no particular order

Backwards - Leadership, Diplomacy, attack and defense. Sacrifice
Virkamies - OD says it all. He is a nice guy, too
DTATDM - Little hot headed but always willing to fight.
Ludimiester(sp?) - Skill early on.
Uritel - for his manipulation skills
Krono5 - Skill
ammyth - Leadership, diplomacy, The Bloc under estimated him early on. Possibly DTATM's biggest W8 mistake :) (sorry Wayne, had to say it)
Tinytoon - Defense ability 6000 inc (was it?) and she killed every train. Well, except for one of mine.

I really only know part of the world. I know there are many players that deserve to be listed. I have not had the pleasure to meet or play with or against them.

DeletedUser

You do talk some rubbish. snaus did not leave because Jaaz joined DT and for them who dont know, Jaaz is not the real player in W8 anymore, He was being sat by Virk when N.O started attacking the account. It was because of things like this going on in this world that myself and a couple of N.O had enough of this world. So we have quit.

I was on the account when you guys launched. Pure luck that I logged in when I did. Once again, Despisepq, you speak of things you don't know.

DeletedUser

Virkamies: Excellent at, well, everything.
Witheringxupomxlove: Great defender, attacker, supporter and leader. There isn't anything he cant work out with a spreadsheet.
Jpohlman: (many people will deny this) Whether you think he did a good job or a bad job in this world, he helped shape it and is a name you would think of when you look back on world 8.
Snaus: Every [DT]er knows about snaus, great attacker :S
Caesarr: Another great attacker and leader (just don't mention defending :p)

bronzl

I will miss most of them.....:)))

backwards.....awesome player, brilliant in all aspects
Dulcycka.....best defender ever
Merrick2....no words needed + my babe
Virkamies.....ODA says all
Jedamijo......strategic genius + true friend ( cowboys crew )
Agariba.....awesome player, he was light year ahead in points
Coorisnar....attacking genius + true friend ( cowboys crew )
Uritel.....his name says all
Blue eyed sandwalker......my man till death ( cowboys crew )
pleterr.....awesome player + true friend

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I was on the account when you guys launched. Pure luck that I logged in when I did. Once again, Despisepq, you speak of things you don't know.

I think i am correct Chris, Virk even told me himself that it was him who defended all the attacks but did not send any attacks back out as he did not want to breach the NAP we had with DT. I have all these mails to prove i am right and that it was virk who wanted to offer me villages in return to stop the attacks as he was now the new sitter of the account.

I love it when people try and take other players glory :) Good work on the defending Virk.

God i wont miss W8 and all the bull**** that goes on :p

DeletedUser

No, you're wrong. I don't know what Virk told you and don't really care. I was on when N.O launches started. I defended the account with help from two sitters. If those players want to tell you who they are, that's fine, if not, that's fine too. If no atatcks were sent, how did I take villages from N.O? I think I have something like 6 days sat in the last 120. If the account was sat and I was gone, as you say, how would you explain that?

DeletedUser

I was sitting for Jaaz a bit when N.O. was attacking him - hence I didn't attack Kalix because he and I go way back. But I wouldn't say the same for some of the others. I sent out a lot of nukes - but I had limited time, so I had weak follow-up.

*Theodred*

Where's DenDummie (Sp?) and Leonidas?

;m not one to judge but I would also put Shabitz for holding a tribe against fairly bad odds in those days even if the tribe(s) were lousy in co-ordination.

DeletedUser

I would say Lucid Dreamer would be a good one - when LD got into an area, even if it was totally red seas as far as the map would show, that village would usually be kept.

DeletedUser

I sat on the wedge between the FEAR/REL/CLOROX border for nearly a year and somehow fell under everyone's radar :(.

Never had a chance to prove myself for the hall of fame...sigh

Can I get an honorable mention?

DeletedUser

I would say Lucid Dreamer would be a good one - when LD got into an area, even if it was totally red seas as far as the map would show, that village would usually be kept.

Or if it wasn't kept, it was recapped...

DeletedUser3967

I sat on the wedge between the FEAR/REL/CLOROX border for nearly a year and somehow fell under everyone's radar :(.

Never had a chance to prove myself for the hall of fame...sigh

Can I get an honorable mention?

Here, have a hug.

*hug*

Better? :)

DeletedUser

My list is as follows:

sotos bair - the patience of a saint. great leader and tactician. a true warrior
juan ignacio - great leader and always had a warming welcome to any part of the day. was a sad day when he left for many of us.
fortheorca - perhaps the best defender of all time? i think so
ruip - always treated me fairly and helped out when others wouldnt. again, a great leader in 8W and kept it going alone for months until its merger.
orgasmicjunket - has always been able to make me laugh (CHIVAS!)
iubi29 - hate her or love her, she never did me any harm. in fact quite the opposite, she was a great friend. shame she's left.
kasrax - seriously badass. he cleared CLOROX out of K79 practically alone.
jmcnulty - trust me, dont piss him off. he'll eat you alive :)
woohoodave - genuinely honourable guy
blacktalons - lovely lady and clever player. Ive learnt a great deal from BT.
tcrsteve - what can i say about steve? there isnt another out there like him. i genuinely mean that. i met steve when he was duke of RA and i was baron of 8W. I trusted him 100% from the first day I met him. Awesome, awesome player.
pani - he stuck by his alliance with 8W no matter what other tribes did. i respect him greatly for that.
witheringxuponxlove - i gave him my account to sit for 1 night with over 1000 incomings from FAN and CLOROX, many of them not ID'd. When I logged in 12 hours later, not only had he sniped every noble train with minimal losses but gained me 4 villages. How he did that, I have no bloody idea. I should ask him come to think of it! :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

All the players mentioned should give us ex FEAR members a good thanks. :)

We disappeared before we got round to rimming them. ^_^

For the record: Your welcome. ^^