The BORG Collective marches on…

DeletedUser

Well it actually depends on who budgie was asking for an alliance. If it was dashy, he shared nothing with the tribe as a whole. If it was another leader afterwards, dashy had had his period(yes he can have one) and would have cried in the hidden forums that if we get an alliance with GTG, he'll quit or something. I'm sure that's what happened. If budgie talked to another leader, I'm sure dashy was sitting them as he had most leadership accounts in his reach pre first ctrl war.
I'm not doubting what budgie had said but I'd really like to know to which leader he or someone else spoke to about an alliance.

I'm not talking about pre first war. I'm talking about after it. When Borg was mopping up Luna, and BDR had died.

When Borg kept rejecting the offer of GTG for an alliance, because they didn't want to box themselves in. As I do recall, that was one of the reasons we ALLOWED them to recruit from SET. So they wouldn't be boxed in. Not so they could have better ground to eventually stab us in the back..

@ Sight.

Forgot about this one.

DDB gave us notice. They dropped the alliance and prepared for war. They STILL backstabbed us by reporting our members. Telling us we couldnt recruit from a tribe they had just started attacking because they all hated Nomads so much. Then took in most of SET's active members when they had asked for "a few". Not to mention Boonhower reporting the Duke of an allied tribe for humerous pictures posted in our shared section.

Not exactly why we had the shared section with Borg and DDB, had we known they were going to PMS over it, then we never would have opened up a shared forum with them. They broke our trust as allies. Then came up with Bullcrap excuses to drop the alliance. Thats backstabbing.

Of course, they didn't backstab us like Borg did. Where they had no reason to drop relations. And didn't drop relations. They posted in the shared section that they were going to war, and started attacking us. The only notice we got was the notice of incoming attacks in the top corner of the screen.

How.... Honourable

DeletedUser

OK.. a little clarification.

When the BORG/BDR war ended and CTRL and BORG became allies, I approached Borg for an alliance. I originally mailed Dashy about it, but I was passed on to aRamez. He stalled for weeks on end. The reasons for this delay seemed to be twofold. Firstly, he wanted to persuade us to merge into and be absorbed by BORG. Secondly, he wanted to take about a dozen members we had picked up from BDR.. and he knew he could not take them if we were allies.

Eventually BORG gave us an alliance, after they had taken about half a dozen of our members. Even then, they delayed the implementation of the alliance for a further week, in order to give them time recruit another 5 or 6 of our members.

They kept us waiting about two months before giving us an alliance. They decimated our tribe by taking our members that amounted to about 20% of our points total. Most of these members were not in BORG's main area and have all been early casualties in this war. It would have been far better for BORG if they had not poached these members from us and given us an alliance when we first asked for it. They would have had time then to foster a good relationship with us. I warned aRamez, Dashy and The Beville that every member they took from us made it more likely that we would be on CTRL's side in any future war they had with CTRL. However, they ignored my warnings and went for short term points and member gain as opposed to long term strategical gain.

CTRL on the other hand, were happy to give us an alliance immediately we asked for it. Even though, at the time, we were a comparitively small rim tribe. They never took or even tried to take any of our members, except for one who went with our blessing about six months before we became allies and she has since been returned to us.

EJ is correct to an extent. Our main reason for warring BORG was that we needed to experience war and that war against BORG was the most appropriate choice because of their close proximity to us and because BORG, by virtue of their past dealings with us, had given us the incentive to fight them. The fact that we were assisting our good allies CTRL was a bonus. It allowed us to show them some appreciation for the faith they had shown in us when we were a very small tribe.

Who knows what would have happened if BORG had given us an alliance when we first asked for it? Who knows what would have happened if they had allowed us to keep the dozen or so ex BDR members they took from us? Certainly it would have been a lot more difficult to fight BORG, because it would have been difficult to get ex BDR GTG players to fight ex BDR BORG players.

Anyway, that is all water under the bridge now and I am not unhappy about the way events have turned out. It gave us an easy choice of tribe for us to gain our first war experience against and it has given us a chance to show that we are not the pushovers that some BORG players thought we would be.

rbh135

OK.. a little clarification.

When the BORG/BDR war ended and CTRL and BORG became allies, I approached Borg for an alliance. I originally mailed Dashy about it, but I was passed on to aRamez. He stalled for weeks on end. The reasons for this delay seemed to be twofold. Firstly, he wanted to persuade us to merge into and be absorbed by BORG. Secondly, he wanted to take about a dozen members we had picked up from BDR.. and he knew he could not take them if we were allies.

Eventually BORG gave us an alliance, after they had taken about half a dozen of our members. Even then, they delayed the implementation of the alliance for a further week, in order to give them time recruit another 5 or 6 of our members.

They kept us waiting about two months before giving us an alliance. They decimated our tribe by taking our members that amounted to about 20% of our points total. Most of these members were not in BORG's main area and have all been early casualties in this war. It would have been far better for BORG if they had not poached these members from us and given us an alliance when we first asked for it. They would have had time then to foster a good relationship with us. I warned aRamez, Dashy and The Beville that every member they took from us made it more likely that we would be on CTRL's side in any future war they had with CTRL. However, they ignored my warnings and went for short term points and member gain as opposed to long term strategical gain.

CTRL on the other hand, were happy to give us an alliance immediately we asked for it. Even though, at the time, we were a comparitively small rim tribe. They never took or even tried to take any of our members, except for one who went with our blessing about six months before we became allies and she has since been returned to us.

EJ is correct to an extent. Our main reason for warring BORG was that we needed to experience war and that war against BORG was the most appropriate choice because of their close proximity to us and because BORG, by virtue of their past dealings with us, had given us the incentive to fight them. The fact that we were assisting our good allies CTRL was a bonus. It allowed us to show them some appreciation for the faith they had shown in us when we were a very small tribe.

Who knows what would have happened if BORG had given us an alliance when we first asked for it? Who knows what would have happened if they had allowed us to keep the dozen or so ex BDR members they took from us? Certainly it would have been a lot more difficult to fight BORG, because it would have been difficult to get ex BDR GTG players to fight ex BDR BORG players.

Anyway, that is all water under the bridge now and I am not unhappy about the way events have turned out. It gave us an easy choice of tribe for us to gain our first war experience against and it has given us a chance to show that we are not the pushovers that some BORG players thought we would be.
I knew it was dashy :lol:
FYI, aRamez would have been talked to by dashy which would be why you ot ignored for a couple of weeks. Borg leadership thought of GTG as a small rim tribe that can do nothing against them. They got arrogant. They are losing and will keep losing.
And you aren't really getting war experience by warring borg tbh. Most are easy targets except for a couple of K40 members. Good luck though, your decisions were well thought of.

@EJ, you really didn't see borg declaring on you? it was obvious tbh. Who else were they going to war? DDB? GTG? TUBA? :lol: There was no other option since DDB had declared on you and they jumped on the bandwagon.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

personal i do not expect borg to declare war against us.we have give to them a whole continet as a present(k43) i was sure that we have been blood ally but i do a mistake.when i see the attacks i say what happen?why they attack us?i was in vacation and i just do log in for fun to see what happen and i see 1000 attacks from borg.it was the first day of attacks.i lost in the begin few villages but it is ok.i take few others then.
and i was happy when i see gtg and tuba is our side.:)

for the history we have take back our k43 from borg and we continue.:)

DeletedUser27978

aramez refused to let me even suggest warring GTG, as he thought he was good friends with budgiebird. So the alliance was formed.

Even though i said to him, they may be allies, but if it came between us and CTRL. They would not be proper allies.
So the western front remained neglected.

I find it sad that budgiebird refers to BDR members as property though. Even from another simular situation between choosing between another ally and CTRL. Little backup other than absorbing Actives members were provided.

Im not going to do a long reply, but there you have it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61629

aramez refused to let me even suggest warring GTG, as he thought he was good friends with budgiebird. So the alliance was formed.

Even though i said to him, they may be allies, but if it came between us and CTRL. They would not be proper allies.
So the western front remained neglected.

I find it sad that budgiebird refers to BDR members as property though. Even from another simular situation between choosing between another ally and CTRL. Little backup other than absorbing Actives members were provided.

Im not going to do a long reply, but there you have it.

Welsh you need to get things in order. Im assuming you are talking about PurpleWitch, nuts, and skipper. They joined GTG soon after the war started, for their own reasons, which are unknown to me, I just know it was their personal choice.
This happened way before GTG declared, get your timelines straight next time k? :icon_wink:

DeletedUser27978

Welsh you need to get things in order. Im assuming you are talking about PurpleWitch, nuts, and skipper. They joined GTG soon after the war started, for their own reasons, which are unknown to me, I just know it was their personal choice.
This happened way before GTG declared, get your timelines straight next time k? :icon_wink:

naw i wasnt so get a clue? :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

I find it sad that budgiebird refers to BDR members as property though.

Don't be sad Welsh, I didn't refer to them as property. If you want to be sad, feel sad for those members you took from us and let down so badly that they have just about all quit the game.

I am sure you would have been every bit as annoyed as I was if we had taken a dozen or so of your larger members. It hurt us even more than it would hurt BORG because at the time, you had nearly three times the members that GTG had.

As I say, all water under the bridge now and despite the members you took from us, you are now down to slightly less than twice the number of members that our small tribe has today.

DeletedUser27978

Don't be sad Welsh, I didn't refer to them as property. If you want to be sad, feel sad for those members you took from us and let down so badly that they have just about all quit the game.

I am sure you would have been every bit as annoyed as I was if we had taken a dozen or so of your larger members. It hurt us even more than it would hurt BORG because at the time, you had nearly three times the members that GTG had.

As I say, all water under the bridge now and despite the members you took from us, you are now down to slightly less than twice the number of members that our small tribe has today.

You attacked empty villages, and now your attempting to brag?

kalkoenvet

The fact they were empty is just bad handling of defence on your part, isn't it? Since you were preparing for war like months before declaring, you could have easily prestacked.

Edit: Lol @ gbary :D

rbh135

I didnt know there was internet at the gym.
This made me lol

The fact they were empty is just bad handling of defence on your part, isn't it? Since you were preparing for war like months before declaring, you could have easily prestacked.

Edit: Lol @ gbary :D
Well I don't think borg expected that GTG will declare on them tbh so def troops in the region were used for ctrl border I suppose.

DeletedUser

This made me lol

Well I don't think borg expected that GTG will declare on them tbh so def troops in the region were used for ctrl border I suppose.

What did they think after they tried to play GTG and TUBA for fools? Did Aramez think his plan was so fool proof it couldn't fail? Silly boy :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

I have been pretty careful not to brag about our achievements in this war and to be honest, I don't really understand where you perceive me to be bragging. It was mainly criticism of BORG taking our players, in our main areas and then hanging them out to dry, than bragging about our performance in this war so far.

I leave that to EJ and KW, they are so much more awesome at it than I am. :)

DeletedUser

Slightly hypocritical don't you think?

When the war started and Borg and DDB were rounding up all the villages they could take inside of their areas. The bragging was loud. Coming from many Borg/DDB players.

We said. "It won't last, once those villages are done, so are Borg and DDB"

Well, once those villages were done, Borg and DDB came to a hault. Every major operation they have had against enemies, has been a major failure.

Granted, by Borg and DDB standards, just the fact that people are participating in these operations, and have managed to find the attack button, makes it a success.

Budgie is quite humble. He doesnt brag or boast. Although, he's got more reason to boast than we do. We're an experianced war tribe, who is slapping you around like we should be, like we told you we would be.

GTG is an inexperianced rim tribe thats never faught a war. And is beating you down like there is no tomorrow.

IMO, I think they have a much to boast about. They've really shut you guys up.

You say the almighty Borg faught an active BDR, Luna and CTRL at the same time.

Yet we backed out because we were afraid? What were we afraid of? Taking more villages? Making more Borg members quit?

How much more damage COULD we have done if we had focused on you?

I think the war now, tells a pretty accurate tale of how things would have turned out had we decided to say "screw the east, lets finish Borg"

Fact of the matter is, ADA and Fubar at the time were almost finished. They required a little more attention and they were done. As was proven. Borg as a tribe owe their very existance to CTRL, for not beating you down while we had the chance.

Thank us for letting you last this long.

rbh135

What did they think after they tried to play GTG and TUBA for fools? Did Aramez think his plan was so fool proof it couldn't fail? Silly boy :icon_biggrin:

The thing is if a fool made the plan, it's not really fool proof:icon_confused:
I'm not a silly boy:icon_redface: I'm just bored tbh :\