PnP : Useless?

DeletedUser

More and more as I stealthily, and not so stealthily browse the fora here (forums isn't a word, plural is fora), I find more and more people post stuff to fulfill their own personal agenda, or to argue. I find this pointless, as being experienced in arguing in the internet, I know how to do so properly.

Protip: You don't argue to win.

Discuss how useless discussing this topic is.

DeletedUser

But can't we just get along all objectively and in a non-****ish way?

I mean if you're gonna be an ass, do so for fun, not for the sake of making yourself look better, amirite?

DeletedUser

Not really. You can win an argument; Winning is not constituted by the "opponent" giving in, it is by having the majority agree with you. The majority agreeing with you causes the enemy personal and tribal reputation to go down, causing demoralization and giving them difficulties in diplomacy. That's the point of PnP.

DeletedUser

Not really. You can win an argument; Winning is not constituted by the "opponent" giving in, it is by having the majority agree with you. The majority agreeing with you causes the enemy personal and tribal reputation to go down, causing demoralization and giving them difficulties in diplomacy. That's the point of PnP.

Even in the right though, a foe is much more formidable if you know nothing about them, and never hear from them.

I'd be more intimidated from a tribe on the level of Random per say, if no one from that tribe ever posted anything and I never heard from any of them.

Silent killers? Come the hell on. Anyone would be super scared and confused. Much more intimidation factor than even proving to be superior imo.

DeletedUser

Not realistically. The good players tend to EVENTUALLY get their names out there, and their tribes names out there so they can't exactly hide. And even if they DO talk here on the forums, does that mean that you know their skill level in-game? In essence, it really makes no difference if a tribe posts in the PnPs or not regarding their intimidation level. But if it DID make a difference, certainly posting hard facts about what your tribe is doing through PnP is going to be more intimidating than not hearing about you at all.

Usually when people don't talk about tribes on these forums, it means they aren't worth mention for whatever reason. There are too many tribes out there for everyone to be on the PNP forums, but the better ones tend to show face here.

DeletedUser

More and more as I stealthily, and not so stealthily browse the fora here (forums isn't a word, plural is fora), I find more and more people post stuff to fulfill their own personal agenda, or to argue. I find this pointless, as being experienced in arguing in the internet, I know how to do so properly.

Protip: You don't argue to win.

Discuss how useless discussing this topic is.

PnP isn't useless as long as its done right. Must be why I love W29 so much. Always good PnP there.

DeletedUser

I disagree.

I agree with his disagreement.

PnP is borderline slander.

At least that's how it ends up developing.

Maybe I'm more of a "slow down and relax on the name calling" kind of person.

I won't call someone an idiot unless they're really an idiot. I won't do it so other people think that person is an idiot and act upon that biased view to my own personal benefit.

Which is what really goes on.

Typhi

Tbh I was disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing.
PnP can be fun, and it can influence the ingame aspect of things. That's all that needs to be said, really.

DeletedUser

I won't call someone an idiot unless they're really an idiot. I won't do it so other people think that person is an idiot and act upon that biased view to my own personal benefit.

The forums are an extension of the game, you say "But can't we just get along all objectively." Clearly you fail to realize that the point is not to objectively do anything, propaganda is anything but objective. You have the answer to your question in the title.

Also your title is mislabeled, if you agree that people slander, and further their own agenda's than PnP is not useless, you just feel as though it is improperly being carried out...

DeletedUser

That's what PnP is...Politics and Propoganda. Its quite entertaining if done right. Now if it deteriorates down to just both sides flaming away, then that's what I call bad PnP.

DeletedUser

I don't know if it is possible to be purely objective but PnP helps in that it keeps everyone restrained. A lot of flaming does go on not surprisingly but that is do mostly to two things.

1. Not enough or poor data being brought against the tribe. That is enough to get any duke angry or at least a bit on edge while posting.

2. Personality conflicts. There are some people on here who just want to argue on a personal level. Can't "win" against those if you let yourself get offended but if you don't then everyone will see clearly who these people really are and stay away from them.

Any top twenty tribe is in the realm of importance so points obviously are the biggest reason unless that tribe is like Random who is just amazing at wars or Geico who have the best profile I've ever come across. (I like the previous pic better though just my opinion)

My own tribe may not be top twenty but to me it is very good. That doesn't mean I will shout its praise to the roof tops. No it would make me look like a fool and nobody would care about my tribe until it did get into the top twenty in which case they would still think that it had poor leadership. So in the end it is a balance.

DeletedUser

NEWB QUESTION ALERT

What does PnP stand for?
PnP stands for Politics and Propaganda. This was said two posts above yours :icon_wink:

I've seen PnP change the public's view of a tribe. Now how much of an affect the public's opinion of a tribe has on the tribe is something else to be considered. Some tribes disband under criticism and some it doesn't seem to be bothered at all.

Last edited by a moderator: