Less than 1K players

• Thread starter Deleted User - 832139
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I feel I must object. As one of those players who Drew plans to use his cheap nobles on, I don't want him to have any more nobles than he already does. I want my death to be a long, slow one... bleeding villas at a pace of one or two per day, so the agony is prolonged for months, possibly even years.

Why should the capable players be given the power to destroy n00bs like me any faster than they already do?

Oh - wait. I'm not a n00b, am I? (checks how many villas of his Drew has recently nobled. None? Oh, good.)

Kay. Um.. nevermind then.

I agree with Drew: Cheap nobles for everyone!!!

In all seriousness: If we don't pick up the pace of the nobling in w14, players will get bored, and quit... and that'll mean less Premium for Innogames. So it's in everyone's best interest to lower the cost of coins/nobles.

Last time I checked, you weren't *too* hard to noble off, noob. :icon_wink: <3

Tbh though, I haven't had too much problem with nobles, and I feel that the tactic of renobling would become way more effective, much to the irritation of the attacking player. Also, any destroyed trains will be easier to rebuild, to the advantage to the attacker, and to the detrimental of the defender.

I do think, in this world, a half price noble would benefit tribes that are doing better in terms of conquers. It is therefore understandable that players such as Drew, with talent of their own right, and in a "winning" tribe, would enjoy half price nobles.

However, certain other tribes would not benefit as much from the half price nobles, hence, it would be a detriment to them. This, coupled with the advantage that winning tribes already have (their conquers) means that the winning tribes would kill their enemies faster. THis is not good for innogames, as it means those "losers" will quit earlier, and with it, the payments for premium.

Hence, in the interest of making this world last longer, and perhaps allowing inactivity to hurt tribes in a more fair fashion, I completely disagree; I feel it is way too early for half-price nobles.

Flame away. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I am curious: what causes more people to leave this game?

Lack of military success?
Or lack of time/energy/fun?

If it is the former, then yes: cheap nobles would give good players an even greater advantage, and make poor players quit faster.

But if players are quitting because they find the game has become a time-consuming chore and they just don't get enough out of it to consider it a worthwhile investment, then cheaper nobles may put a bit more "spring" into their step again.

Also, if I read Drew's posts correctly, he's talking about attacking accounts of players who have already quit... those players who let their Premium lapse, gave their sitting to the tribe, and are just being used to stack their tribemates frontline villages until their 120-days comes up and they go barb. Going after those dead accounts can thin the support at the front lines, and let the LIVE players get back to the fun of close-quarters slaughter once more ; )

DeletedUser

what

what?

let me get this straight.

you want to change the rules now you think you are in a winning position.

tries to remember any game where they change the rules in the middle of the game or sport.

i can only think of one.

one day cricket. you have to have so many fielders in the circle for the first few overs.

although the US tried to make the goals bigger for more goals when they hosted the World Cup in football (not soccer).

every other game assumes you all have the same skill at the beginning and the better players or strategies (hugging) gets ahead but to change the rules should be a no no for whatever reason.

giving someone an unfair advantage this late in the game is not a good idea. sure you will achieve your goal people quitting sooner but you will also get people not wanting to play any innogames games again. Rewriting the rules of a game midway is not good.

Drew stop being so greedy and noble faster.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

*Mutters* oh god its brit....

Are you still running Sir Brunor le Noir Brit?

Deleted User - 832139

what?

let me get this straight.

you want to change the rules now you think you are in a winning position.

tries to remember any game where they change the rules in the middle of the game or sport.

i can only think of one.

one day cricket. you have to have so many fielders in the circle for the first few overs.

although the US tried to make the goals bigger for more goals when they hosted the World Cup in football (not soccer).

every other game assumes you all have the same skill at the beginning and the better players or strategies (hugging) gets ahead but to change the rules should be a no no for whatever reason.

giving someone an unfair advantage this late in the game is not a good idea. sure you will achieve your goal people quitting sooner but you will also get people not wanting to play any innogames games again. Rewriting the rules of a game midway is not good.

Drew stop being so greedy and noble faster.

LOL like your style .. just pointing out this has "already been done" in older worlds who have reached this stage so was wondering if it cannot be applied to this world now.

DeletedUser

Just what I would expect a cheater to say ^^^

Who do you think you are trying to change the rules in the middle of the game. that would be like changing the amount of points the barbs would grow to in the middle of the game! It just can't be done!

DeletedUser

think this wont happen till next year, cus what I recall they said worlds that are older. W14 is still new. Look at all the barb&inactive noblers :)

MEEE ofcourse! proud of it.

DeletedUser

no

no Stig,

missing me.

I just have this forum. I must say you've all gone rather quiet recently.

Barbarians getting on top of you?

I see you made inroads in k21.

Not hard when there is 10 of you attacking one target. oops. can't use that excuse.
Met beat me to it.

Now I'm enjoying the quiet life.

How's Alison, VH and my favorite Dean doing?

well seeya later. off to watch tv.

majorbeer

sounds like a good idea to me it just takes so long to build a decent supply of nobles up.

DeletedUser

nice to see you

hi MB,

nice to see your alive.

I thought you would have got bored eating all those barbs and inactives.

Anything to help you eat your inactives and barbs quicker.

Where's DB these days. He's not known for being quiet.

DeletedUser

hi MB,

nice to see your alive.

I thought you would have got bored eating all those barbs and inactives.

Anything to help you eat your inactives and barbs quicker.

Where's DB these days. He's not known for being quiet.

no brit, you really don't want to touch that one.....especially considering i'm holding your old account and have said little or nothing about some of your posts... especially the post that insulted me a bit....

DeletedUser

I am curious: what causes more people to leave this game?

Lack of military success?
Or lack of time/energy/fun?

If it is the former, then yes: cheap nobles would give good players an even greater advantage, and make poor players quit faster.

But if players are quitting because they find the game has become a time-consuming chore and they just don't get enough out of it to consider it a worthwhile investment, then cheaper nobles may put a bit more "spring" into their step again.

Also, if I read Drew's posts correctly, he's talking about attacking accounts of players who have already quit... those players who let their Premium lapse, gave their sitting to the tribe, and are just being used to stack their tribemates frontline villages until their 120-days comes up and they go barb. Going after those dead accounts can thin the support at the front lines, and let the LIVE players get back to the fun of close-quarters slaughter once more ; )

Cheaper coins would be more useful for me tbh (in other worlds that is). Ahh, Raven, are we going to drag your TW ideology debate here... that may get dreadfully off-topic, brilliant though the debate would be.

Most players don't leave premium in the accounts when they quit; they either use it to the full, use it all on other worlds or pass it to good friends.

With regards to inactives being used to stack tribesmates, it all comes down to who breaks the stacks first, since its illegal to rebuild troops on inactive accounts. Since its more likely a successful tribe will hold the advantage here, since they will be blasting more offence at their opponents, so, by random probabilty, the chance of killing an inactive's troops are increased.

Deleted User - 832139

that's 60days or two months of an account till it is inactive .. so that's 4 nuke rounds and 120 days that's 4 months useful deff. But if you go for 3 nukes then the last legal build you make deff that's extra deff for two months .. silly rule to me, but that is my personal opinion. Easier to just make nobles cheaper to obtain and get rid of the account.

Just at this stage of the game it is full of the hardened TW addicts and (I know I speak for FOE) we like to eat live players and let dead go barb (hence the big holes) But these members/players are gamers and like to play the game so when you have to chew through a player of 400 villages at one noble per day it just seems to take the P* as there is only 365 days a year : ( Then add to it the moral deficit factor for the larger attacker as he slowly chews the player away) So I am just starting to feel the pinch of RL as the game seems favour the none gamer rather than the actual highly active gamer. Add this to the thousands of clicks per day and waiting for the flash adds to load ..... starts to lose it's charm after 2 years +, Hence a lot of players I have met over the years have left for other worlds where they can enjoy battles again instead of chewing through a 400 + dead player who is poorly sat and no fun to attack and is now a below average sized player in this world not a large sized player of say 700 + villages, I dread the thought of having to noble that sized player off, think I would have to pass my account over in my will before it was finished off.

That is one of the main reasons I have lost tribe members due to boredom and a hell of a lot of players I have fought against have said these villages are all yours now as this world is to slow and boring now. So the game turns into a game of attrition not a game of skill and cunning .... just who can stick around longest.

So what can TW do to help Keep these players interested in old slow worlds ?

Last edited by a moderator:

jayjayjay68

that's 60days or two months of an account till it is inactive .. so that's 4 nuke rounds and 120 days that's 4 months useful deff. But if you go for 3 nukes then the last legal build you make deff that's extra deff for two months .. silly rule to me, but that is my personal opinion. Easier to just make nobles cheaper to obtain and get rid of the account.

Just at this stage of the game it is full of the hardened TW addicts and (I know I speak for FOE) we like to eat live players and let dead go barb (hence the big holes) But these members/players are gamers and like to play the game so when you have to chew through a player of 400 villages at one noble per day it just seems to take the P* as there is only 365 days a year : ( Then add to it the moral deficit factor for the larger attacker as he slowly chews the player away) So I am just starting to feel the pinch of RL as the game seems favour the none gamer rather than the actual highly active gamer. Add this to the thousands of clicks per day and waiting for the flash adds to load ..... starts to lose it's charm after 2 years +, Hence a lot of players I have met over the years have left for other worlds where they can enjoy battles again instead of chewing through a 400 + dead player who is poorly sat and no fun to attack and is now a below average sized player in this world not a large sized player of say 700 + villages, I dread the thought of having to noble that sized player off, think I would have to pass my account over in my will before it was finished off.

That is one of the main reasons I have lost tribe members due to boredom and a hell of a lot of players I have fought against have said these villages are all yours now as this world is to slow and boring now. So the game turns into a game of attrition not a game of skill and cunning .... just who can stick around longest.

So what can TW do to help Keep these players interested in old slow worlds ?

Mate, you have just nailed it.

W14 is beginning to be a drag, if the the active players dump their sits and TW halves the price of nobles,maybe there is is some fun left in this world.

There is nothing worse that nobling a player that does not fight back, Ohhh yes there is. Its nobling Barbs :icon_rolleyes:

So why cant we fight and the best player / Tribe wins. unstead of stagnating this world into a war of attrition.

There are still some amazing players left in W14 that have not been beaten by boredom,but its starting to wear thin now.

So come on TW and come on the players of W14. Lets fight to get this world finished already :p/.

DirtyDishSoap

Same shit different day. In the Army, in Iraq, blah blah blah.
KS will fill ya in bud. ;)