HC Strat: Pros and Cons

DeletedUser

So after thinking about this for awhile, and having wanted to use this strategy since i first heard about it, slightly before i even started playing TW and knowing wth my friends were even talking about, there was recently a bit of a mini-discussion about it in another thread rekindling my interest in it, i decided i would make a new thread dedicated specifically to it, where the pros and cons, and peoples experiances with it can be debated and talked about, to help everyone get a better veiw on the seemingly dual-sided strategy.

some prior points made on each side:

Cons:

(AYK)
  • Can't farm as much.
  • No one ever attacked, so why would I need the extra D?
  • Stacks are becoming more common, and the nukes weren't as strong.
  • Someone complained about my ODA

Pros:

(Kilga)
  • you can farm even more than with lc cause you are farming from both off and def villages
  • your ODD rank #24, nobody attacked you? :)
  • again it's all about how you manage at defending. less skilled players knows only how to stack and sniping for them is rocket science.
  • i had #1 ODA on other world using pure hc nukes at same stage of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't feel you mentioned the correct "Pros" which make this a dominant strategy in my opinion:

1) A 11500sp/1250HC/200Cat build is 3x faster than the conventional Spear/Sword Build (this is the often quote "openeyes strategy" build and he gave that statistic)
2) Integrating HC into your nukes allows offensive villages to send support in times of serious need.
3) Defenses march quicker.
4) Integrating catapults and HC into defensive villages allows for decent follow-up attacks to suppress/ destroy a village

(Edit)
One thing to bear in mind is that your nukes/defenses will only be approximately 80% the strength of a conventional build, but given that they build three times as quickly, this is viewed by many players as a worthwhile sacrifice.

DeletedUser

those are from responses in the other thread, ill put the names by them lol...

DeletedUser

By HC Strat, do you mean HC in O villages or do you mean HC/SP defense in D villages.

I strongly recommend the HC/SP D strategy, cause it's way faster to build and way faster to move around It's also more balancing for your resources when you have a large amount of villages.
However, it does give you weaker stacks. Some players build a limited number of sp/hc villages after they have grown to a sizable level, in safer parts of their territory.

As and O strategy, the cons by far outweigh the pros. You can snipe with LC, just as well as you can snip with HC in your O armies. It doesn't give you a farming advantage, if you even farm when you have more than 20 villages or something. And the D strength it gives your O armies is a small gain, compared to the loss of O. It hurts you more than the attacker that loses a bit extra O on every one of your nukes.

DeletedUser

Always wanted to try it, never had the balls.

You can easily go 3:1 if you have well positioned def villages.

DeletedUser22924

I would mention all pros and cons of this strategy but it would take a while.

Pros:

1)Ability to snipe from any village
2)Ability to Stack with the HC in O vills, when normal Defence is scarce
3)Ability to take out any nuke out of service even if they hit a Nuke
4)Uniformity in The tech Levels, which you can easily change an O vill to a D vill.
5)All troops ,exept, the cats can be stacked efficiently by tribe mates in ur villages.
(ofcourse only if you Reaserch SW,SP,AXE,HC,RAMS)
6)more efficient Rams.
7)faster build for Defence

Cons:

1) Weaker D and O
2) slower Offence build.

thats all the cons i can think of, but im sure there are more.

DeletedUser22924

wouldn't go 100% lol...but I certainly can forsee 5:1 being an option if you were on 24/7

lol,trust me when you have around 100 nukes, you really don't mind losing a few at home =P

the major drawback is that you have no other option but to snipe everything.

so i would not recommend it to anybody that is new to the game.

DeletedUser

i don't think I'd ever go 100% offence, but i don't think i could ever be called a turtle either, lol.

i just am really attracted to this strat, due to the tech lvls, and the great stacking ability. sniping is all well and fine, but if you miss it you need a back up, and I've had a nuke die on a mere 3k HC before.

on simulation, with just -5 luck, an 8k axes, 2.5k LC and 250 ram nuke (all at tech lvl 3) all but dies against 3k HC with a lvl 20 wall. imagine having 10-20 villages to draw from, even with only 1.5k HC in each, thats 15-30k HC, enough to kill 5-10 of those nukes (assuming that each nuke kills the same amount as it would if it was just the original 3k there, which i don't believe it does, meaning more nukes then that would die) with just the HC, not even including the 100-200k spears that could stacked along side it

DeletedUser

(assuming that each nuke kills the same amount as it would if it was just the original 3k there, which i don't believe it does, meaning more nukes then that would die)

Well due to the "Mean Value Theorem" you can assume all nukes would hit with 0 luck as time went on...so they'd kill a little more in real attacks.

DeletedUser

i've gone 6:1:lol:

i'll even go as far as to be 100% offence:icon_biggrin:

I've had a friend who did that all the time, and he was quite successful due to his activity. However, once they opped him later on in the game, he was sorta screwed, cause he didn't have D to stack even 1 village. Sniping isn't everything.

zakipoo

maybe HC strats is good for front line battles considering you could build it fast and be able to fling it asap?

ravnscream

SP/SW FTW..
much stronger defense..
and if you'r a turtle much much stronger stacks..

i raccomend this to everyone in all cases..(sarcasm)

zakipoo

i just gotta ask this to make sure i completely understood the meaning of turtle for TW if someone is willing to elaborate? :lol:

DeletedUser22924

when im much smaller than my opponent(and most players), i would recommend going for the slow,but powerful Offences and Defence.