See You Soon

MR.MR

Dear Members of W17.

Some of you like me, some don't, so this may be a large amount of celebration for some. Anyhow:

On the 24th of January, I will begin a two month break from Tribalwars and Real Life.

My little sister is adopted from Guatemala. To expose her to her culture and country, we have returned to Guatemala several times. Throughout those visits, I have swam through caves with nothing more than candle light to guide us, been to the Mayan Ruins at Tikal, celebrated Easter in Antigua witnessing the parades and mosaics made in the streets, and climbed an active Volcano. More importantly, each time we have visited Guatemala, we have spent several days at an orphanage.

Housing over 80 children, Guadelupe Homes is a refuge for many children orphaned or displaced by the civil war and political genocide currently happening in Guatemala (instigated by the USA, too). Furthermore, the orphanage is run by a sisterhood of nuns that is based out of my hometown, so it has a tie home.

From the 24th of January until the 24th of March, I will be living at the orphanage, helping the children and the sisters. I am 17 years old, and will be traveling without any friends or family, all alone in this foreign country. I have so many blessings each day that I take for granted, and they have so little in comparison, it is time for me to give back. They need the help, and hopefully I can perfect my fluency in Spanish by the time my travels are over. Unfortunately, I will have almost no internet access while down there, and my little bit of access will include blogging, e-mail, skyping my family, and filling out college scholarship applications.

I will return to TW and modding after my trip, whether I am in charge of W19/W17 or some other worlds is unknown to me. Whatever the case, it has been fun.

I will be keeping a blog running while I am down there, I will post the link when I finish setting up the website (and find out what the actual URL is). Any questions or comments are more than welcome.

Best Wishes in the new year,

Scott
Asalamalakum

DeletedUser

Scott.

Whether I like the way you Mod this forum or not I wish you the best of luck and the best of times with this.

Two years ago I spent 3 months in Madagascar doing community charity work, it was the single most amazing time of my life.
Be prepared to have the best times of your life and the worst times of your life, I am sure that some of the things you will see and experience you will remember for the rest of your life.

I would love to follow how you get on and will watch for your Blog link.

It’s funny because I have been looking at a few Charity projects in Guatemala myself and may well end up there (or Ecuador) for 6 moths or so this year.

All the best

BT

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Respect to you fella. what a selfless thing to do. enjoy

DeletedUser

Wow. Good luck man and hope to hear from you. Do keep in touch with some of us or all of us :)

DeletedUser

I liked you :3

does this count as getting rid of a new mod if i paid guatemala? :D

Good luck kind sir and may your days be filled with candle-light cave swimming

P.S Watch out for polar bears, i am hearing of an invasion.

netjakdim

Told you on W30 sir but will let you know again.
Good luck and I hope all things work out.
Perhaps the admins can just leave you as our mod while you are gone we all promise to play nicely ***Dim looks at Inty and MM*** DON'T WE.
I would hate to have another mod added on to our infamous list.

DeletedUser

Told you on W30 sir but will let you know again.
Good luck and I hope all things work out.
Perhaps the admins can just leave you as our mod while you are gone we all promise to play nicely ***Dim looks at Inty and MM*** DON'T WE.
I would hate to have another mod added on to our infamous list.

He'll still be yours when he's back :lol:

I'll be covering in the meantime.

DeletedUser

We are blessed with the presance of an elder mod :lol:

DeletedUser

best of luck to you scott I enjoyed your time with us hopefully when you get back you'll have some stories for us :icon_wink: until then I wish you a safe trip and hope you enjoy doing something usefulwiht your life :)

DeletedUser57892

Good luck man, that is a great thing for you to do.

DeletedUser

I think that is awesome, and a humbling experience I'm sure. Enjoy your time there & good luck.

We'll try not to let this forum fall down around us - I'm pretty sure Lucifyr will keep us in check ^_^

Integritous

We're the worst bunch ain't we? Tell the truth! It's okay, I'm me mum's ugliest I'm used to it. :icon_eek: