Best village and/or troop builds

DeletedUser

Hey all,
I am getting to the point now where my first villa is running out of farm space and was wondering roughly what building levels i should have in off and def villas.
I dont want to mess up my villa and suffer from slow building times etc.
Thanks to anyone that can help,
Rob

DeletedUser

HQ: 20 - 23 (24+ under heavy attack)
Rax: 25
Stable 16 - 20 (depends on troop ratio you're using)
Workshop: 2 - 15 (the more catapults or rams you use, the higher you may need it)
Acad: never leave at 0
Smithy: 20
Market 17 - 20
All Mines: 30
Farm: 30
Warehouse: 30
Hiding place: 10 (2 absolute minimum)
Wall: 20

2004 Artemis

HQ: 20 - 23 (24+ under heavy attack)
Rax: 25
Stable 16 - 20 (depends on troop ratio you're using)
Workshop: 2 - 15 (the more catapults or rams you use, the higher you may need it)
Acad: never leave at 0
Market 17 - 20
All Mines: 30
Warehouse: 30
Hiding place: 10 (2 absolute minimum)

I max stable, and use a village build that emphasizes constant barracks/stable building.

Since you're small, I would suggest having level 2-3 academies in your villages, at least until you hit 10-20 villages, as you'll need every level you can get for trains.

I drop warehouse to 28, as it cuts a lot of points, 363 to be exact, but 28-30 is fine.

The hiding place is the only thing I really disagree on, but it's not actually a big deal. It's a difference of 8 population and 26 points, but lets you save 2k resources. I consider it to be insignificant.

However if you're on a war front, a Hiding Place can be useful to help with dodging resources, and a high HQ helpful for rebuilding walls quickly.

DeletedUser

oh hey 2004 Artemis i know u :p
in one of my old tribes everybody started going crazy because you nobled a few people, that was fun :p
thanks for the tips...
i already have reasonably high building levels in my main villa, close to that.

so im guessing 20 stable is high enough?

Last edited by a moderator:

2004 Artemis

Level 20 is as high as the stable goes. I didn't even realize you were in BUS, so I'll go ahead and give you my village build, that way when I noble off of you, I don't have to build up the barracks/stable or cat down the HQ.

HQ-20
Barracks-25
Stable-20
Workshop-2
Academy-2
Smithy- 20
Statue- 1
Market- 20
Resource Buildings- 30
Farm- 30
Warehouse- 28
Wall- 0 makes it easy on me :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

so thats how it is eh? :p
too bad suffering bob quit, he was cool :p
my academy is already level 3, is this a bad thing?
I'm guessing not...

DeletedUser

dont playt his world but was bored and saw this lol
HQ: 20
barracks: 24
Stable 18
Workshop: 2
Acad: highest possiable level
Market 10
wood: 30
clay: 29/30
iron: 28/29
Warehouse: 30 (28-29 if your active)
Hiding place: 0

2004 Artemis

dont playt his world but was bored and saw this lol
HQ: 20
barracks: 24
Stable 18
Workshop: 2
Acad: highest possiable level
Market 10
clay: 29/30
iron: 28/29
Warehouse: 30 (28-29 if your active)
Hiding place: 0

I'm confused as to why you're not maxing resources :icon_confused: Also, you should have either barracks or stable minimum maxed, otherwise you're village troops are being slowed down. If it's a balanced build, then you'll want both maxed.

DeletedUser

To be honest, there's only 0.3% build speed difference between lvl 24 & 25 barracks, so 1 level is no biggy really.

DeletedUser

You want 25 barracks to build axes as fast as possible because they are what will take longest to build in a balanced nuke.

DeletedUser

I'm confused as to why you're not maxing resources :icon_confused: Also, you should have either barracks or stable minimum maxed, otherwise you're village troops are being slowed down. If it's a balanced build, then you'll want both maxed.

the diffrence aint that much, and the farm space is more valubel to me.
dont max the resources for the same reason, once you get enough villages the sacrifice at the start by haveing a little less becomes nice as you have more troops then most players near by :icon_biggrin:

2004 Artemis

To be honest, there's only 0.3% build speed difference between lvl 24 & 25 barracks, so 1 level is no biggy really.

Level 24 barracks reduces build time by 16.46% (how many digits do you want?)

Level 25 barracks reduces build time by 15.53%

Edit: I'm feeling like being nice to Pki, and not double posting.

the diffrence aint that much, and the farm space is more valubel to me.
dont max the resources for the same reason, once you get enough villages the sacrifice at the start by haveing a little less becomes nice as you have more troops then most players near by :icon_biggrin:

Your nukes will take longer to build then mine, thus while they may be slightly (under 10%) better, my build time will be over a day shorter than yours. If you want, I can cross compare the actual effectiveness for you to prove with numbers how they are better as well.

If your going to reduce resources, why reduce clay and iron? Iron is arguable the most valuable resource if you're constantly rebuilding troops. Clay is the most valuable is you're more stagnant and storing more packets. Wood could be considered the least valuable.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I find I have way too much iron and not enough wood and clay which seems wierd now I just read that >.<

DeletedUser

i use
HQ 20
rax-25
stable-20
workshop-5
acad-3
smithy- 20
market 20- (allows me to transfer resources)
clay: 30
iron: 30
warehouse: when internet fails i still usually dont have max resources when i get back, helps me a lot
hiding place: 6
wall: 20 i like to be safe. :)

for your nukes, i would use 200-230 rams, as that will usually weaken the walls enough, and allow for more troops that do killing.

2004 Artemis

i use
HQ 20
rax-25
stable-20
workshop-5
acad-3
smithy- 20
market 20- (allows me to transfer resources)
clay: 30
iron: 30
warehouse: when internet fails i still usually dont have max resources when i get back, helps me a lot
hiding place: 6
wall: 20 i like to be safe. :)

for your nukes, i would use 200-230 rams, as that will usually weaken the walls enough, and allow for more troops that do killing.

No reason to have over a level 1/2 workshop, unless you use a build that has high amounts of ram/cats. The workshop always finishes first otherwise.

There's also no reason to have a level 3 academy after 20 or so villages, as you will have way more noble slots than you need. A level 2 in each village can usually suffice, except in extreme circumstances.

To put it another way, a level 3 academy in every village allows you to have a noble train in half of your villages. Since players are often 1:1 Off:Def, that would would mean every nuke would have a train. Excessive much?

You only need 213 rams, as that is the amount needed to reduce the wall bonus by half (the maximum that can be reduced). However if you wish to actually lower the wall level, that happens after the battle, and can take several hundred rams depending on how stacked the village is.

DeletedUser74702

When your rebuilding full nukes like the big boys, that small difference between 24 rax and 25 can mean days.

DeletedUser61336

I find I have way too much iron and not enough wood and clay which seems wierd now I just read that >.<

Personally, one way to fix that...Build alot more LC/HC...and because I am too lazy to just write it all out...I will just post pics :p

Starting with the normal build-up...

w39b.jpg

Then the builds, and look at the resources, it fixes the iron issue for you.

w39a.jpg

w39d.jpg

You can throw in nobles where you feel fit, this is just a simple throw together...And because I was too lazy to go through the techs, here tehy are...

Offense
spear: 3
sword: 2
axe: 3
lc: 3
hc: 3
ram: 1

Defense
spear: 3
sword: 3
scout: 3
hc: 3
cat: 3

Hope this helps out...I know there is archers in there, I just didn't feel like getting rid of them because these builds were from another world... :p

2004 Artemis

Oooh...spreadsheets! Yours is much prettier than mine :)

One thing to consider, is that all of your Offense/Defense values are going to be off because of the techs. Archer worlds assume techs equal one, so they will actually be higher. To counter for this, just use an If/Else statement that reads from a box you can enter techs.

Level 2 techs = Level 1 Techs * 1.25

Level 3 techs = Level 1 Techs * 1.4

As far as the builds themselves go, I would look at doing 6k-6.1k Axes and 3.3k-3.4k LC. That should cut down on about half a day of building.

Also, have you looked at using Cat nukes? You can cut building time by about two days by adding 400 or so Cats. It drops it in power, but you can actually increase the Offense/unit of time, which means if you use your nukes as soon as they're built, you can have a more devestating effect.

DeletedUser

Please keep this about village builds and not nuke/defense builds. If you really have a burning desire to discuss troop builds you can start a new thread (or find one of the existing threads about it on these forums... seriously... theres a lot of them.... forum search for "nuke" gives 76 results and half of those are about nuke builds).

From what I remember from W23 I used
Village Headquarters (Level 20)
Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 20)
Workshop (Level 3)
Academy (W23 was a coin world)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Statue (Level 1)
Market (Level 20)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)
Hiding place (Level 10)
Wall (Level 20)

Ends up being 9761 points if I remember correctly because with level 29 pits it was 9167 points :icon_razz: