Newsletter #6 - 2010-01-31

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

So this means if I add my brother to connection sharing and yet he doesn't add me, both of us could get in trouble?

Your brother and yourself have to add each other to shared connection, otherwise it would be considered a breach of rules. :icon_razz:

ackcody

The second feature we can reveal is a new achievements system for all players. There will be several achievements that can be earned in a variety of ways. Some will be easy to achieve, while some may only be awarded in rare occurrences. For example, an achievement could be awarded to players who have the endurance to carry on playing again and again even when nobled out of the game.

Sounds... Mehish.

Razvantc

I'm up for being rimmed over and over if I get an award for it :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

For example, an achievement could be awarded to players who have the endurance to carry on playing again and again even when nobled out of the game.

nice, in next update why you dont introduce a rule where all players that reach 1.000 villages, they lose all and restart with 1 villages of 120 points in enemy area?

or a rule where if you attack a player and took from him more then 2 villages, you have to gift him all but 1 villages?

or another one, a rule where a tribe is automatically disbanded if it reaches #1 rank?

seriously, i find these rules more intelligent...

DeletedUser

will the phone tribal wars work on the psp? if not, plz can u make a psp version? tw u rock!

DeletedUser

Achievements sounds promising, but I'll reserve judgement until I see implementation.

For the mobile version, please remember that iPhone is not the only mobile phone that is internet capable :icon_rolleyes:. Possibly are more generic version without the graphics (or have it as an option, just like the current version) could appeal to far more people.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I don't actually use the graphical village overview, spend all my time looking at lists in the overview screens :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Suggestion for new troop type:-
Carrier Pidgeon

Send a carrier pidgeon to another vill in order for them to perform a pre-defined attack/support as soon as they land on your vill that is required to perform the action.
This means for those not being co-played/sat, they can still send orders as they sleep.

This would still make it strategic as the pidgeon would have to be co-ordinated to land at the correct time, but help those that cannot be sat / co-played for some reason

Just an idea

Axillion

No New units.

on topic:I cant wait for version 6.Its exciting!

DeletedUser

nice, in next update why you dont introduce a rule where all players that reach 1.000 villages, they lose all and restart with 1 villages of 120 points in enemy area?

or a rule where if you attack a player and took from him more then 2 villages, you have to gift him all but 1 villages?

or another one, a rule where a tribe is automatically disbanded if it reaches #1 rank?

really,they're dumb and not fair for those who have spent hours trying to get just a vilages.It takes years to get 1000 villages?

DeletedUser

Achievements are not rules. Think of them like xbox live achievements.

DeletedUser

this is from w2 forum:
The only definite winning condition, as far as I know, is to conquer it all. If you look at the old finished die-staemme worlds, the winners were one player which controlled a majority of the world?

how can we win if players can continuosly restart, with also achievements that help them.
where players that have been compleatly conquered (no villages, 0 points) can continue to be in the world simply logging on but not restarting (i mean, they can click on world 12, and dont continue when they are in the restart position page).
in w12 we have a player that is doing so, he has no villages from 6-7 months if i well remember, and he will be here forever if he continue to do it every 14 days.

DeletedUser

this is from w2 forum:

how can we win if players can continuosly restart, with also achievements that help them.
where players that have been compleatly conquered (no villages, 0 points) can continue to be in the world simply logging on but not restarting (i mean, they can click on world 12, and dont continue when they are in the restart position page).
in w12 we have a player that is doing so, he has no villages from 6-7 months if i well remember, and he will be here forever if he continue to do it every 14 days.

If you can't noble a player you just rimmed, then you're probably not playing the game right. ;)

Also when a world gets closed, it is due to human decision, so all the stats are looked at.

Also achievements don't help you at all. They offer no advantages at the game.

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
For example, an achievement could be awarded to players who have the endurance to carry on playing again and again even when nobled out of the game.

Please tell me that that is some sick joke and you really aren't intending to reward people for being bad? That's like a team getting a cup for losing every match of the season. Seriously... you might want to do a survey before such ridiculous ideas are even suggested in something such as this.

Edit: While I'm fine with acheivements per sa, (I really couldnt care one way or the other in general) the one specifically mentioned above I am whole heartedly against.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If you can't noble a player you just rimmed, then you're probably not playing the game right. ;)

sorry i dont follow you...
i have 3 possibility:
- i take every village of a player, except 2 to not let him start over, i cat them to 26 points, he continue to log in (and i cat everyday to 26 points) and he'll continue to play;
- i take every village of him, he'll restart in another area and he'll continue to play (also if i noble him every time he restart);
- (most funny) i take every village of him, he dont restart but he can continue to be in the server because he check his account, without respawning.

To do this, i pay money for pp to manage a 17 mio account, and i have to see that this player can also have achievements??????
Are you serious???

Also achievements don't help you at all. They offer no advantages at the game.

Do you think so? dont you think that there will be lots of players that only for achievements will continue to restart when nobled?

My respect goes to players that have faced me on the field, that have well defended/attacked and they'll be in my personl text, this is my achievement.
i dont find anything to be proud of in restarting in a world that is near to death like w12.
especially if you are nobled everytime you restart.

ps for restarting problem, i have opened some 3ds, check them.
i'm not against them generally, but i think that we needs a limit to them.

but this is another thing like an end world scenario that the staff dont want to do.

/waiting for my premium to expire to come back to play without it, i did it till 7 mio, i can still do now. i dont want to pay for a game like this.

DeletedUser656

Please tell me that that is some sick joke and you really aren't intending to reward people for being bad? That's like a team getting a cup for losing every match of the season. Seriously... you might want to do a survey before such ridiculous ideas are even suggested in something such as this.

Edit: While I'm fine with acheivements per sa, (I really couldnt care one way or the other in general) the one specifically mentioned above I am whole heartedly against.

I'm sorry, but you think it's bad that a player has another go at playing after being nobled?

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but you think it's bad that a player has another go at playing after being nobled?

No, I think it's bad they got themselves nobled in the first place. If a player gets beaten, they shouldn't get an award for being repeatedly getting kicked down even if they pick themselves up each time. The reward for getting kicked down is that (hopefully) they learn from their mistakes. Maybe have an award for improvement, such as reaching a better rank each time.

DeletedUser

Personally , no , I think that giving players a second , third and even 4th chance is fine but where does it stop ??? It would seem that it never stops , players can restart as man times as they can hit the log-in button and that is what's at fault here. There should be a limit to the number of times a person can get rewarded for failing ( restarting for getting rimmed ) . It doesn't even have to be low say 5 re-starts per world . I mean really if you can't figure out how to play this game in 5 attempts you really shouldn't be playing . And if your only coming back to chat with your buddies , get on Facebook and leave the game .

DeletedUser

I think you guys are forgetting that an Achievement is just a bunch of words that don't do anything other then let other players know that the player has been rimmed alot.There is no reason to QQ about this.

All players get a fair chance in the game, if a player gets rimmed, then they have every right to try and get back. It is a very elitist view to decide that once a player is rimmed they do not deserve to play on a world ever again.

And you don't even know what the rest of the achievements are either, maybe you might like some of them? Who knows, just give things a chance and relax.

DeletedUser

No, I think it's bad they got themselves nobled in the first place. If a player gets beaten, they shouldn't get an award for being repeatedly getting kicked down even if they pick themselves up each time. The reward for getting kicked down is that (hopefully) they learn from their mistakes. Maybe have an award for improvement, such as reaching a better rank each time.

This is definitely not an "achievement." You give a "Beating a Dead Horse" award to the person who rims a single player over and over. Just give the rimmed player a "Dead Horse" label. :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

It's a achievement for Perseverance.

• Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
  • Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
  • Perseverance is trying again and again.
So yea, I see no problem with giving a player a achievement for persisting time and time again after being nobled out.

Not all players that are nobled out are necessarily "bad" players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.