What's that?

DeletedUser

A Hat. Crazy, funky, junky hat!

Ummm....anyway. I attempted to seek assistance for those of you who have great difficulty with the monotony of letters laying across a page, but I was only able to find that you are not alone. It seems...an entire nation is finding themselves at a loss when it comes to how to handle things that many learned in grade school like "reading". After spending some time myself, researching the trend of sighs and bellows which frequently come from people all around the United States, I began to fear for other large communities, that they might also soon be losing themselves in a sea of uncertainty as their eyes pass casually by these strange little creatures called "words".

The reason for my concern was soon realized as players like:

Shakespeared - Who is not from the United States, met the text walls with great confusion. Whenever met with complicated statements that include things such as "concrete evidence" and "well known facts", he seems to shut down...his brain unable to connect the circuits between one perplexing word and the next. Rather than acknowledging them as clusters of the very things he uses to criticize people, with phrases like, "Get a life", "Get a reality check" and my very favorite, "Get less time (okay, so it's "you have too much time on your hands)". When met with those things he is unable not to comprehend, you will note him frantically searching for a picture that he thinks is funny to wash it all down (examples 1 and 2). I believe the mass of scrambled letters have caused him to wonder whether he is here, or there. With a name like Shakespeared, one would think...

But Shakespeared is not alone, nor is he not the only non-American Tribal Wars player who is not quite sure how to handle something so powerful. Other decent tribal wars players such as Bite.Me, who is not an American, are also having difficulty:

Bite.Me - For anyone who's mouse will still slide over these strange little things, you will notice that his name is something called a link. By clicking on it, you can see evidence of his concern for other's inability to follow a string of black squigglies draped along a beige background. I can only assume that he must have noted them struggling to slide their eyes left to right across the screen as well, with any ability to follow comprehensively.

I believe that when one begins to reach that level of worry for people we've never laid eyes on and likely never will, a great alarm should rise up in each and every one of us, so that we can get to the root of the problem and maybe...just maybe, so that we can help save not only ourselves, but also our loved ones and random strangers from eternal ignorance.

zach924 - In the link here, I'm worried that what I see may even be an advanced stage of an inability to reason, research, and do things for one's own self. But, when his request was additionally accompained by a desire to have someone else sum up the entire thing in a few short sentences or less, I recognised the epitome of laziness and was immediately brought to tears (well wait, maybe that was the drink that spewed onto the computer screen and bounced back into my eye).

Anyway, I would like to share with anyone who is still with me, the following piece of literature from my research. I believe it contains enough random pieces of bullshit to hold interest for the 2 minutes to 2 hours that it might take to read it, depending on your level of reading ability and possibly another important little number known as an IQ:
Science & Technology
Nation Shudders At Large Block Of Uninterrupted Text
March 9, 2010 | Issue 46•10

WASHINGTON—Unable to rest their eyes on a colorful photograph or boldface heading that could be easily skimmed and forgotten about, Americans collectively recoiled Monday when confronted with a solid block of uninterrupted text.

Dumbfounded citizens from Maine to California gazed helplessly at the frightening chunk of print, unsure of what to do next. Without an illustration, chart, or embedded YouTube video to ease them in, millions were frozen in place, terrified by the sight of one long, unbroken string of English words.

"Why won't it just tell me what it's about?" said Boston resident Charlyne Thomson, who was bombarded with the overwhelming mass of black text late Monday afternoon. "There are no bullet points, no highlighted parts. I've looked everywhere—there's nothing here but words."

"Ow," Thomson added after reading the first and last lines in an attempt to get the gist of whatever the article, review, or possibly recipe was about.

At 3:16 p.m., a deafening sigh was heard across the country as the nation grappled with the daunting cascade of syllables, whose unfamiliar letter-upon-letter structure stretched on for an endless 500 words. Children wailed for the attention of their bewildered parents, businesses were shuttered, and local governments ground to a halt as Americans scanned the text in vain for a web link to click on.

Sources also reported a 450 percent rise in temple rubbing and under-the-breath cursing around this time.

"It demands so much of my time and concentration," said Chicago resident Dale Huza, who was confronted by the confusing mound of words early Monday afternoon. "This large block of text, it expects me to figure everything out on my own, and I hate it."

"I've never seen anything like it," said Mark Shelton, a high school teacher from St. Paul, MN who stared blankly at the page in front of him for several minutes before finally holding it up to his ear. "What does it want from us?"

As the public grows more desperate, scholars are working to randomly italicize different sections of the text, hoping the italics will land on the important parts and allow everyone to go on with their day. For now, though, millions of panicked and exhausted Americans continue to repetitively search the single column of print from top to bottom and right to left, looking for even the slightest semblance of meaning or perhaps a blurb.

Some have speculated that the never-ending flood of sentences may be a news article, medical study, urgent product recall notice, letter, user agreement, or even a binding contract of some kind. But until the news does a segment in which they take sections of the text and read them aloud in a slow, calm voice while highlighting those same words on the screen, no one can say for sure.

There are some, however, who remain unfazed by the virtual hailstorm of alternating consonants and vowels, and are determined to ignore it.

"I'm sure if it's important enough, they'll let us know some other way," Detroit local Janet Landsman said. "After all, it can't be that serious. If there were anything worthwhile buried deep in that block of impenetrable English, it would at least have an accompanying photo of a celebrity or a large humorous title containing a pop culture reference."

Added Landsman, "Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure it doesn't even have a point."

Link to article

As you can see above, I am not the only one who has been following the latest trend. Others have also spent time laughing and making fun of researching and making news of things of this nature that some of us obviously share grave concern with.

I believe the question here, is not whether those who still hold the ability to form logical and/or at least sensible arguments through things like "reason" and perhaps even "intellect" should try to help the great landslide of faineancy that has begun to encompass some of our fellow gamers, but rather, whether they can be helped...or if instead, they are destined to continue the trend of unfathonable phrases like "Wat u jus sed meens yer steupid" whenever they are met with something they can't wrap their myopic little brains around.

Discuss? (Morons welcomed--and easy to spot)

:icon_rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43045

Very well put out, i really did enjoy reading that. But then again i love to read so i might be biased because of it, not to mention i absolutely adore you :)

DeletedUser

Read it and I understood it but I don't think that's always the case here.

bite.me

So, what was the reason of this thread, other than basically saying you are reasonable and intellectual
*Huntress* said:
form logical and/or at least sensible arguments through things like "reason" and perhaps even "intellect"
and everyone who does not agree with you have difficulties to comprehend
*Huntress said:
I attempted to seek assistance for those of you who have great difficulty with the monotony of letters laying across a page, but I was only able to find that you are not alone.

We all are already aware of your ego, and your need to brag about it. Its growing old already.

DeletedUser

So, what was the reason of this thread, other than basically saying you are reasonable and intellectual

and everyone who does not agree with you have difficulties to comprehend

We all are already aware of your ego, and your need to brag about it. Its growing old already.

this really made me rage, lol. i'd get infracted if i posted what i want to say to you. needless to say that you have completely missed the point of the post. did you even read it?

it's nothing to do with anyones ego. the fact is that whenever a large post is made people complain about it and say they can't be bothered reading it and that whoever wrote it (usually hunty, lol) has too much time on their hands and needs to lighten up. instead of given a reasonable counter arguement people post inane half-insults and pointless pictures.. exactly like you just done. the post wasn't anything to do with anyone agreeing or disagreeing with huntress but you have used that as your reason for implying that her post is part of some ego trip.. which it isn't.

bite.me

this really made me rage, lol. i'd get infracted if i posted what i want to say to you. needless to say that you have completely missed the point of the post. did you even read it?

it's nothing to do with anyones ego. the fact is that whenever a large post is made people complain about it and say they can't be bothered reading it and that whoever wrote it (usually hunty, lol) has too much time on their hands and needs to lighten up. instead of given a reasonable counter arguement people post inane half-insults and pointless pictures.. exactly like you just done. the post wasn't anything to do with anyone agreeing or disagreeing with huntress but you have used that as your reason for implying that her post is part of some ego trip.. which it isn't.

So, basically - Huntress is complaining that others are complaining about her walls of text? :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

So, basically - Huntress is complaining that others are complaining about her walls of text? :icon_rolleyes:

Basically, I guess you didn't read it...if you had read it, you would recognise that you are proving my point (though, it was an ever so subtle point). No where in there do I see anything that resembles a complaint. In fact, it's more of a cry for help laced in a bit of satire, for people who've done almost precisely what you have just done. If you're asking to be the poster boy though, I'll need a pic ;)

DeletedUser

nope. huntress is pointing out a trend of people not being able to bring themselves to read large blocks of text. perhaps if you had read the large block of text you would be able to understand that.

i on the other hand am complaining about people complaining about walls of text. i'm personally sick of seeing it on the forums. someone makes a big post, then when it gets countered they say "oh look a wall of text.. as if i'm gonna read all of that" which is basically just a way of avoiding what is written in it and trying to ridicule the poster.

bite.me

Basically, I guess you didn't read it...if you had read it, you would recognise that you are proving my point (though, it was an ever so subtle point). No where in there do I see anything that resembles a complaint. In fact, it's more of a cry for help laced in a bit of satire, for people who've done almost precisely what you have just done. If you're asking to be the poster boy though, I'll need a pic ;)

In case if you missed that - I was replying to Agent, and never claimed to see a complaint in your post. If you would have followed the discussion well enough, you might have noticed. Instead - you jumped on me with proving your points.

At least you were kind enough to answer my original question - so the point was "crying for help". Never thought someone as mighty as Huntress would do that. Although, as my first reply says, I still see this thread as another attempt to polish your ego. I just dont see any other logical reason to pull out months old posts and analyze them :lol:

zakipoo

Oh boy!
I found one!

:icon_sad: Why are you always mean to me? :icon_cry: lol

I spend all my life having to read all the time, even when im watching tv, or communicating to somebody else i dont know by paper and pencil, you see, im deaf i can sign language, sometimes its real hard to read lips for me based on how the others are using their lips to talk.

So reading resolves around me, at times going to a thread and finding out a few peoples put up a few wall of texts since the last time i read the thread, it gets tiring and vision starts to flur as i read on, sometimes id give up reading due to that, sometimes i just shake my head and squint my eyes and resume reading. sometimes i dont even reply because i dont want another set of wall of texts like bbs and time arguements back then.

i must be getting old and need a reading glass i reckon :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

In case if you missed that - I was replying to Agent, and never claimed to see a complaint in your post. If you would have followed the discussion well enough, you might have noticed. Instead - you jumped on me with proving your points.

At least you were kind enough to answer my original question - so the point was "crying for help". Never thought someone as mighty as Huntress would do that. Although, as my first reply says, I still see this thread as another attempt to polish your ego. I just dont see any other logical reason to pull out months old posts and analyze them :lol:

hurr durr.. you are just flaunting your big ego by having a go at hunty. all that your post says is something about how great you are and how stupid we are.. durrr

edit: derp derp durr

bite.me

hurr durr.. you are just flaunting your big ego by having a go at hunty. all that your post says is something about how great you are and how stupid we are.. durrr

edit: derp derp durr

Wow, now that made sense :D

P.S. I wonder, why does Agent reply to my posts which are targeted at Huntress, and vice versa?

DeletedUser

What you said:

You referenced me, bolding the words complaining as though to draw attention to them, insinuating that what you had taken from what Agent said, was that I was just "complaining". Considering that he made no reference to anything that would resemble that he thought I was "complaining", I could only infer that you were either A) Making some senseless statement because you didn't bother to read what Agent wrote either or B) You were using the opportunity to take yet another cheap shot at me because you don't like something I've posted. If you wanted it to be understood differently, perhaps you should explain it better.

At least you were kind enough to answer my original question - so the point was "crying for help". Never thought someone as mighty as Huntress would do that. Although, as my first reply says, I still see this thread as another attempt to polish your ego. I just dont see any other logical reason to pull out months old posts and analyze them

Hmm...how about, if you want to understand the point, you figure it out yourself, eh? It seems that some of us are just too stupid to explain it to you. Or, perhaps so busy polishing egos that we cba'd. As for the posts, I believe all but one was posted within minutes of the start of this thread.

I spend all my life having to read all the time, even when im watching tv, or communicating to somebody else i dont know by paper and pencil, you see, im deaf i can sign language, sometimes its real hard to read lips for me based on how the others are using their lips to talk.

So reading resolves around me, at times going to a thread and finding out a few peoples put up a few wall of texts since the last time i read the thread, it gets tiring and vision starts to flur as i read on, sometimes id give up reading due to that, sometimes i just shake my head and squint my eyes and resume reading. sometimes i dont even reply because i dont want another set of wall of texts like bbs and time arguements back then.

Have you ever thought of just ignoring a post when it's too much for you? I've noticed that you don't respond to every single post that someone makes in these forums...so why then, just randomly jump in to say "ouch my eyes" or some other random statement when you see something you don't want to read? It makes no sense to me that you can't be assed to read it, but you expect that everyone else should have to read about your eyes or your brain hurting, as you clutter up the thread with off topic nonsense like how your panties are all in a bunch over someone typing more than you care to read. Unfortunately, your feelings just aren't that important to others in the game, and most who read the threads can probably do without your random, off topic whining...or anyone else's for that matter.

DeletedUser

:icon_sad: Why are you always mean to me? :icon_cry: lol

Then don't go to the forums.
Your disability is not a reason for us to degrade our posts to a lower level.

bite.me

Hmm...how about, if you want to understand the point, you figure it out yourself, eh?
I will take a cheap opportunity to reply with your own words:
Huntress said:
If you wanted it to be understood differently, perhaps you should explain it better.

Huntress said:
As for the posts, I believe all but one was posted within minutes of the start of this thread.
Now, when I mentioned you pulling out months old posts, guess what - Yeah, I was talking about that one. Saying that all but one were new ones does not give any answer at all. Avoiding answer, eh?