zomgtw.net - New Tribalwars tools site

• Thread starter DeletedUser15106
  • Start date

DeletedUser15106

Zomgtw.net

For a while now, Bnrstnr and I have been developing tools to help with some of the more tedious tasks in TW.

Finally, we've put together a site and today we're celebrating its launch :)

Features:

A multi-village farmfinder: Generate quickbar farming scripts, lists of co-ordinates, or links, to speed up the farming process. Choose from barbarian villages, players, or both, and decide which villages you want to farm from, and with what units if you're making scripts. Links option is rather nice if you don't have PA.

Backtiming calculator: A tool to calculate when to launch your backtime.

Continent map: This is more of a "quicky" map tool when you don't want to be fiddling around with lots of complicated options. Generate a quick map to see your tribe, allies and enemies in any continent, and save it if you like.

Market Support:
The site currently supports .net, co.uk and the Tribalwars beta server (beta.tribalwars.net). Scripts output is disabled in the co.uk version, because it's not allowed there ;) Other markets may be supported in the future, but I might have to learn to speak Finnish or something first :p

Zomgtw.net is a constant work in progress, and we'd love to hear any feedback, or if you spot any bugs, be sure to let us know here.

New stuff will be coming soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Interesting, seems like you've made a good start with these resources. Good job. :)
Should make good use of these.

- Lee

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Come along way since the farmfinder site.

Would not mind being able to add a couple of players to the mini map as an option. For quick ops.

Backtiming will save a few post it notes.

Nice clean site thanks.

d4m0

Thank you very much, nothing else has added the beta yet :D I'm already using your farm script, hasn't died on me yet :p

DeletedUser15106

Come along way since the farmfinder site.

Would not mind being able to add a couple of players to the mini map as an option. For quick ops.

Backtiming will save a few post it notes.

Nice clean site thanks.

Indeed it has.

Noted for the adding players bit. I'll hop to that as soon as I can :p

DeletedUser

Farmfinder is very similar to Blo0DAngels one, although a bit fancier looking, great job there. This will certainly be helpful, and I hope you expand to additional markets (*cough*Croatian*cough)

TubGirlsFather

Farmfinder is very similar to Blo0DAngels one, although a bit fancier looking, great job there. This will certainly be helpful, and I hope you expand to additional markets (*cough*Croatian*cough)

There are quite a few more options than bloodangels; such as multiple village support/multiple player support. A nice "link" option that remembers where you last farmed for players without premium. Mess around with it a tad more, it's more than just a pretty face :icon_wink:

Also, if you want to translate for us we'd love to add more servers :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Sure, I'd be happy to help, just PM which stuff to translate

DeletedUser

Haven't had much time to look it closely... just spend 20 - 30 min playing around with site

Firstly design A+ , good work, you really got some eye for design and web crafting skills.

Map , very nice, fast, very usable thou it could use few more features and maybe flexibility to center around some coordinate not only in some continent center.

Farm finder, nice but from my point of view nothing really revolutionary here. Support for multiple players, multiple villages... etc... it is nice, but I really don't see purpose of having generator to make 10 scripts for 10 villages where i need to put weight for each village and such... cause time to open tool, enter all village weights, get all scripts created, deploy all scripts is quite a lot. I was hoping to see more simplifications in usability of user interface not only design. Also speed, mysql = slow :S

Backtime tool, good but also I find it's bit stiff :)) More flexiblity to add alternative backtime sources comes to mind...

Lot of things reminded me of twstats, vertical world list, tools boxes wrapped around add block, slow mysql as storage is really slowish... so in future :) I hope to see more efficiency in tools, as UI is A+ right from start ;-)

DeletedUser

Heh just noticed, nice to give credit for Original 'fakes' script by Joediggity. He was a great guy, played with him more than 2 years in CIV1

DeletedUser15106

Added a "one script" option.

Instead of generating 10 scripts for 10 farms, it will generate a single script to farm from.

DeletedUser

I have just one question about that one script, something I wanted to ask BA also: is it possible to reset just one village farm list, or is the reset script reseting all village's farm lists? It would be better if one could reset the exact farm list, and still have the script remember the position in the list of all other village's farm lists. Hopefully you'll understand what I mean.

DeletedUser

Added a "one script" option.

Instead of generating 10 scripts for 10 farms, it will generate a single script to farm from.

It does not enter any troops for meh :S

i used last row to enter 50 lc to each village as farming troop.

script enters 0 in all places , even lc one, I use opera 10.10 if that is of any use to you.

DeletedUser15106

I have just one question about that one script, something I wanted to ask BA also: is it possible to reset just one village farm list, or is the reset script reseting all village's farm lists? It would be better if one could reset the exact farm list, and still have the script remember the position in the list of all other village's farm lists. Hopefully you'll understand what I mean.

When you click the reset button, you can choose which to reset.

@BA, having a look now. It worked fine in testing, so I must've broken it since then maybe...

Sorry, what world are you testing it in?

Oh, and did you remember to click "update" to apply the troops to your villages?

DeletedUser

can i recommend a link approach where you can link to the back timing page with your information filled in but the back timing village blank for any player to enter and help in the attack..perhaps a few more blank back timing village entries too..or option to add a village
when i finally many villages i will really want this option

DeletedUser15106

can i recommend a link approach where you can link to the back timing page with your information filled in but the back timing village blank for any player to enter and help in the attack..perhaps a few more blank back timing village entries too..or option to add a village
when i finally many villages i will really want this option
Great idea :)

I'll add it to the list.

DeletedUser15106

New stuff:

Mailing list generator / player finder : Search by continent, by radius around a centerpoint, or everywhere.
Search in certain tribes, not in certain tribes, tribeless players, etc.
Output as mailing lists or BBcodes.

Village planner: Nothing new or revolutionary, very pretty though! Just a tool I've had sitting around for years, styled and tweaked a bit to include churches etc. Plan troops and buildings to farm limit, check costs, army strength etc. Ability to save village plans.

Achievements: Records order of players/ tribes to hit set targets (ie. 100 villages, 3k points, 100m OD, and so on...). Currently only available in newer worlds, but I might add older worlds after figuring out some sensible targets.

DeletedUser

Good site, quickly made it to my bookmark list.

Love the village planner.
But I'm wondering, what's the meaning and purpose of summing up the building times of all troops (in barracks, stables and workshop)? Wouldn't it be more useful and logical to calculate building times for all three recruitment points separately?

Also, might it be possible to add tick boxes for bonuses (+10 population bonus, bonuses for faster recruitment for each of three recruitment buildings)?

Keep up good work.