Scout Attacks

DeletedUser

So, I've seen reports of people stacking and attacking with several thousand scouts..WTH? I did find that a certain paladin weapon(Telescope?) will only allow your paladin to be killed by scout attack...
...so players really use scouts as attack units sometimes?
I understand about sending overwhelming numbers at the enemy, but is recruiting scouts to attack worth the time and cost benifit to recruiting them?

DeletedUser

The basic idea about scout villages is that you can send them to a village, or support, and the village will be scouted or safe from scouting.

I mean, who will be able to scout a village with 5.000 scouts, without the pally weapon? And who would be able to defend a scout attack with 5k of the white bugger ponies? So, when you bloody want a report of that village, or bloody doesn't want the neighbor to sneak peak, then scout vills are your thing.

I tend to have 10 villages before I get a scout vill.

DeletedUser

The basic idea about scout villages is that you can send them to a village, or support, and the village will be scouted or safe from scouting....

...I tend to have 10 villages before I get a scout vill.

Okay...that is how I was envisioning building scouts...just got kinda counfused after seeing reports(which obviously were just 'spy' reports and not 'battle' reports) and then i saw that paladin weapon and I thought "Attack with scouts? Kill something with scouts WTH?"

DeletedUser

When the paladin has the telescope equipped he attacks as a scout when scouts are present in the attack force. Unless I am mistaken.

DeletedUser

When the paladin has the telescope equipped he attacks as a scout when scouts are present in the attack force. Unless I am mistaken.

You are correct.

He won't die. Well, at least as long is the attack is nothing but scouts. Not sure if there are other units. I have never used the telescope while sending a nuke. Figured it was a waste of a chance to use a better weapon.

EDIT: BTW, how did this end up in W47's general discussion from W48's main forum? :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

lol.
scout villages are oh so helpful.
I tend to have 1 in every k i'm in, depending on how many vils i have in the k.
If its more then 100 i have 2 scout villages.
but 10k scouts can be very very usefull.