Frog (Edgey) Fanclub

DeletedUser

It shouldnt matter who you are, if its good for the goose its good for the gander.

These old threads should be closed and new ones opened, in my opinion.

Kind of Depends. In the main world forums yes they should. In General Discussion, Depends on the topic really. This topic has a huge history with w4. You can't just "open a new one".

DeletedUser

Kind of Depends. In the main world forums yes they should. In General Discussion, Depends on the topic really. This topic has a huge history with w4. You can't just "open a new one".

This is not what shardsofafrozenflame told the last few people to whom she gave infractions. We're not allowed to resurrect old topics regardless of how relevant our new post may be, so why should someone who doesn't even play this world anymore be able to do so? This so called "necroposting" rule is one of the gayest rules I've ever heard. This w4 forum is so dead, it could use all the posts it can get, but not according to shards. Less posts equals less work, I guess.

LauraDestroya

Honestly I just figured this thread was kind of timeless. And actually, I do play W4. :)

DeletedUser

This is not what shardsofafrozenflame told the last few people to whom she gave infractions. We're not allowed to resurrect old topics regardless of how relevant our new post may be, so why should someone who doesn't even play this world anymore be able to do so? This so called "necroposting" rule is one of the gayest rules I've ever heard. This w4 forum is so dead, it could use all the posts it can get, but not according to shards. Less posts equals less work, I guess.

That would be correct in the main world forums, as was the case of the necrobumps. Also considering this was on the first page of the General Discussion Area, not much of a necrobump really. Now if there was 20 pages on General Discussion Area and it was on page 12 or something, that would be a little more inappropriate.

DeletedUser

@laura "Kind of timeless" is really arbitrary. I posted in a "timeless" thread about a war that is still going on 2 weeks ago and got slapped for it. This post was made after a week of nobody posting anything in any w4 forums.

@killa Do I need to stand up and turn around 3 times before I post in the main world forum, too? That would be less ambiguous than what you're suggesting.

DeletedUser

A warning would be sufficient, especially considering this rule would be new to almost everybody!!

How old is too old? 1 month, 6 months, 1 year!!!!!!!!!

Laura's necrobump was totally pointless for the history and the present.

LauraDestroya

Well, this is General Discussion and part of the purpose of General Discussion is to allow a certain amount of spamming, so for those who don't like it, you can ignore my posts.

DeletedUser

Also Necrobumping is usually bumping an old topic that was very inactive to the first page. Considering this thread is on the first page of General Discussion not truly necrobumping. Now what could be considering the length of necrobumping, depends I suppose as if it's a more active forum a 3 month old inactive thread could be necrobumping if it was on Page 5 or 6. I've noticed a good number of older threads from a good long time ago on w4 being bumped. I know those weren't really recent and were examples of necrobumping.

DeletedUser

Is it an actual rule? or is it left to the discretion of the mod in charge?

This is a very bizarre rule, and should be made clearer if people are to understand it............
Unless it is in very fine print then i cant find this rule.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

General Discussion section is exempt from pretty much every single forum rule aside from real life insults and explicit language/graphics.

Read the sticky.

@Jumanji: I gave my first infraction for Necrobumping threads on January 24, 2009, and have been moderating and read every single post that has been posted in this forum since October of 2008, I would say I'm pretty consistent. This isn't a new rule.

But as I said to you in PM, if you have any problem with any of my moderating you can take it up with the elder mods. If they felt I made a mistake they'd happily reverse the infraction and reprimand me for it.

(And for the record the thread hadn't been posted on in over a year.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol shards, everybody knows is doesn't do any good to complain up the chain here :p Not being able to bump older but still relevant threads just give you guys less work to do.

DeletedUser

where would i find this rule? Because its new to me!

To my understanding it does and always has fallen under the realm of spam. For instance, if you bumped the thread about the UNSF mass deletion, well, it may be relevant to the history of the world, but not now. If anyone wants to read the history of the world, they can always go back, but there is no need for historical threads to be intermingled with current events on the front page of the forum.

Similarly, comparing a benchmark of 1000 caps in a week during the atmosphere of the world a year ago to 1000 caps at a much more progressed stage of the world is not really related. The past can always be tied to the present, but it does not necessarily have to be bumped to the present to be mentioned in a conversation.

lol shards, everybody knows is doesn't do any good to complain up the chain here :p Not being able to bump older but still relevant threads just give you guys less work to do.

Your logic is flawed. Whether you bump a thread or not, the posts still need to be moderated. If you made the same discussion in a new thread, as I suggested you could do in your situation, any branched discussion would indeed, still need moderating. It's not about workload, it's about cleanliness and orderliness of the forum.

Also, I would think your comment about going up the chain is also silly, simply because I've seen plenty of infractions get reversed in my time, including ones I dealt myself, and in all situations I was told by whoever reversed the punishment why my judgment was wrong. The Elders are there for a reason, and it's not to sit pretty with orange text for their name displays.