Tribal Wars newsletter - illegal command protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser656

Dear players,

As many of you know we have strict rules regarding the sending of commands and resources to those who share a connection with you whether it be a member of family or someone you are account sitting. If you're not familiar with the rules, now would be a great time to read through them.

We split up commands into two types:

Interaction - Sending attacks, support or resource transports to a player on the same connection.
Coordination - Attacking, supporting or sending resources to the same player, from two or more players sharing a connection.

The game has always been able to prevent players from illegally interacting in the majority of cases. However, the majority of offenses happen when two players send commands to the same target from the same connection, sometimes unknowingly. We've listened to the feedback we've received regarding this and are happy to announce that from now on the game will block the majority of illegal coordination.

Coordination is blocked if someone that you have recently (last 24h)

• shared a connection/computer with
  • sat for
  • been sat by
  • declared Shared Internet Connection with

has attacked, supported or sent resources to the same target within the last 24 hours.

When this block happens, you will be shown a red message explaining why, and showing the name of the player that has already attacked your target. Unfortunately due to a technical issue this message is currently showing in German. Please do not report this, we are working on it. The message simply informs you that you cannot attack this player due to our rules.

Sadly, the new protection cannot prevent all illegal attacks. Timing is one of the most important parts of Tribal Wars so the checks we run every time you send a command cannot be too complex. This means that it is still the player's responsibility to make sure they are up to date with the rules and to make sure they are not sending an illegal attack.

The main goal of this new protection has been to prevent players from accidentally breaking our rules and getting punished for it. It's not perfect, but we're happy the end result will make the game fairer for everyone.

If you have any thoughts or questions, please post in this thread.

- The Tribal Wars team

DeletedUser

Good feature. Too many friends have been banned because of this, and most of the time it was the 24h rule.

DeletedUser

Why is the red message in German on the English server?

That was in the newsletter and it stated it was being fixed:

When this block happens, you will be shown a red message explaining why, and showing the name of the player that has already attacked your target. Unfortunately due to a technical issue this message is currently showing in German. Please do not report this, we are working on it. The message simply informs you that you cannot attack this player due to our rules.

DeletedUser

Thank you very, very much. Seen far too many good players quit over this stuff in the past.

DeletedUser

say i was about to noble someone but i was acc sitting my friend and he said i could use 3 nobles so i could hit it once and get it so that dosent work anymore?

mythmastermp

Shared Connection

My brother and I use different connections but we are on the same connection. We joined world 48 together in the same area and entered a tribe together. Does this mean that we can't support :swordsman: each other or help eachg other on :axemen:attacks? :icon_rolleyes:

murdermanic

so does that mean we cant send resources to our own vills

so that means we cant send resources to our own vills??

DeletedUser656

My brother and I use different connections but we are on the same connection. We joined world 48 together in the same area and entered a tribe together. Does this mean that we can't support :swordsman: each other or help eachg other on :axemen:attacks? :icon_rolleyes:

How can you be on different connections but on the same connection?

so that means we cant send resources to our own vills??

This doesn't affect sending commands/resources to your villages in any way.

DeletedUser

did you survey all the players regarding this move?

It isn't necessary. The new feature prevents players from breaking the rules. I think people would rather have this protection than to have a ban placed.

LauraDestroya

say i was about to noble someone but i was acc sitting my friend and he said i could use 3 nobles so i could hit it once and get it so that dosent work anymore?

It was against the rules to attack the same player from your account and a sat account. If you got caught doing this before, you would be banned and both accounts punished.

DeletedUser89403

I think that the no co-ordination within 24 hours of sharing a connection rule isn't that great. It prevents family members from helping each other if they are being attacked and it keeps experienced tribe members from being able to help less experienced tribe members send better attacks on a common enemy.

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
How can you be on different connections but on the same connection?

This doesn't affect sending commands/resources to your villages in any way.

Maybe he meant same computers hehe ?

So I'd presume the answer would be yes and as far as I know has always been yes.

Good job this rule came into place then you didn't accidentally get banned :p

<3

DeletedUser

hmm me and my brother are playing this game thogether, we are also in the same world whit the same internet connection for some time, but mostley he is away in school and playing from there, so if i attack someone, he isn`t allowed to attack any more to him? becouse it`s like farming, and we have those villages in scripts.

DeletedUser

I have a question one...

When I working than on my account sit my friend, and when I come back from job than I wait some hours not 24hours, but 18hours, we before to arrange when he gives me all his village, because he leave that world....

Is it any underground, if he voluntary gives me his village??? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.