Pure attack Theory

Internal Server Error

I can imagine it, although that comes from first-hand experience. On a speed 2 world, I was probably 95% O at 4million points. The other 5% being scout villages. However, on that world my nukes were generally built in under a week so it was much more do-able.

Also, if you want to go full O, you could always adapt the HC-type nuke and add a few extra cats. If you cluster cleverly, you'll be able to stack from your O villages if in an emergency. Also, to an earlier question - if someone sends 4 nobles accompanied with 4 nukes, you just cat the rally point and pre-noble the village. His first noble will probably take it, and the following nuke will clear the first nuke, and the third nuke will clear the 2nd and so on. Just time your own attack to land a second after the 4th noble to re-take the village.

DeletedUser

I can imagine it, although that comes from first-hand experience. On a speed 2 world, I was probably 95% O at 4million points. The other 5% being scout villages. However, on that world my nukes were generally built in under a week so it was much more do-able.

Also, if you want to go full O, you could always adapt the HC-type nuke and add a few extra cats. If you cluster cleverly, you'll be able to stack from your O villages if in an emergency. Also, to an earlier question - if someone sends 4 nobles accompanied with 4 nukes, you just cat the rally point and pre-noble the village. His first noble will probably take it, and the following nuke will clear the first nuke, and the third nuke will clear the 2nd and so on. Just time your own attack to land a second after the 4th noble to re-take the village.

maybe those 4 nukes with 4 nobles will land 10 min one after antoher :)...enough time to widraw those troops ...
So you have all your account offensive... What about you will recive on all your villages 4 nobles with 4 nukes ? and some nukes ahead ? And maybe a tone of fakes with him ? :). Maybe all around 12 a clock let say ? :)...
PS how many vill you can prenoble ....ready to lose that farm ? :)..
I think is crap :). You can be offensive 100% maybe with your vill stucked by your tribe....But......why one man take the glory, and the rest just send defensive ?

Internal Server Error

maybe those 4 nukes with 4 nobles will land 10 min one after antoher :)...enough time to widraw those troops ...
So you have all your account offensive... What about you will recive on all your villages 4 nobles with 4 nukes ? and some nukes ahead ? And maybe a tone of fakes with him ? :). Maybe all around 12 a clock let say ? :)...
PS how many vill you can prenoble ....ready to lose that farm ? :)..
I think is crap :). You can be offensive 100% maybe with your vill stucked by your tribe....But......why one man take the glory, and the rest just send defensive ?

You don't know me, how I play or who my tribe is. Fact is, I had always been frontline yet rarely lost villages, and my ODA was top 10. I was also a top 15 player. I never requested support off my tribe until at one stage there was two tribes attacking a cluster of 40 villages and since we had no attacks elsewhere, they offered to stack. Just because you don't seem to be able to understand it is possible doesn't make it so. I've tried it, I've done it.

And if he withdraws his troops, then so be it. He still loses nobles, and you still re-take the village. Also, I had 450 villages or so at around 4mil points. I had clustered up in 6 or 7 different areas, so there wasn't a chance a tribe was going to launch its whole offense on me if it was in a war with my tribe - its not clever or viable. I had expanded in a way that allowed me to play my game - sure there was a risk, but it was alot more enjoyable. However, after I became less active I reverted to 70% O.

If you disagree with a certain style of play then that is your perogative. But just because you aren't good enough or have played intelligently enough to pull it off doesn't make it "crap".

Ciao <3

DeletedUser

You don't know me, how I play or who my tribe is. Fact is, I had always been frontline yet rarely lost villages, and my ODA was top 10. I was also a top 15 player. I never requested support off my tribe until at one stage there was two tribes attacking a cluster of 40 villages and since we had no attacks elsewhere, they offered to stack. Just because you don't seem to be able to understand it is possible doesn't make it so. I've tried it, I've done it.

And if he withdraws his troops, then so be it. He still loses nobles, and you still re-take the village. Also, I had 450 villages or so at around 4mil points. I had clustered up in 6 or 7 different areas, so there wasn't a chance a tribe was going to launch its whole offense on me if it was in a war with my tribe - its not clever or viable. I had expanded in a way that allowed me to play my game - sure there was a risk, but it was alot more enjoyable. However, after I became less active I reverted to 70% O.

If you disagree with a certain style of play then that is your perogative. But just because you aren't good enough or have played intelligently enough to pull it off doesn't make it "crap".

Ciao <3

i think you had not a real good attack :).

Last edited by a moderator:

Internal Server Error

i think you had not have a real good attack :).

This is going no-where. I've seen you troll these forums looking for arguments where there are none. Simple fact is, I've done nearly full O - on more than one occasion. I've succeeded when doing it too. It may not suit some people and it may suit others. But, to re-iterate my earlier point, just because you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done.

My piece has been said, look for somebody else to argue with so that you can validate your presence on these forums.

DeletedUser

This is going no-where. I've seen you troll these forums looking for arguments where there are none. Simple fact is, I've done nearly full O - on more than one occasion. I've succeeded when doing it too. It may not suit some people and it may suit others. But, to re-iterate my earlier point, just because you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done.

My piece has been said, look for somebody else to argue with so that you can validate your presence on these forums.

Ok ok, then you are like a God or something in this game. In my native country we call those people " hahalere " , but it is imposible to translate..
Good luck then...

DeletedUser

I don't think Opteron understands the spirit in which the original poster posted this thread.

I see that many people did understand it though and I appreciated their taking it seriously and giving their insight.

Many people play strategy games for the opportunities they give to explore different dimensions of the game, to explore other peoples thinking, to apply a new idea and test it. (also to administer beat-downs)

An interesting philosophical and strategic discussion can be started simply by saying "What if we did X instead?" and then listening to people explore the idea or talk about it from experience.

It really doesn't add anything when you interrupt the discussion to call someone "moron". Generally those type of comments are self-reflective anyway.
<To put it in clear, and mostly mono-syllabic, terms - if you are calling people you've never met an idiot in a chat room, there is a good chance that you are the idiot>

How to be part of an intelligent conversation and fail to learn from it: be convinced that everyone except you is stupid.

I'd like to return us to the topic at hand now - - Can we all agree simply to treat Opteron posts as though they are not even there?

I'm interested in the HC-based nuke approach. My observation/question is - - It seems to me that it would take more villages to stack if you are doing the stacking with partial nukes and that you then render your nukes unusable. Can you tell me how to get around this effect?

Internal Server Error

I'm interested in the HC-based nuke approach. My observation/question is - - It seems to me that it would take more villages to stack if you are doing the stacking with partial nukes and that you then render your nukes unusable. Can you tell me how to get around this effect?

That is a problem. However, stacking with HC is more effective than stacking with LC - so if you were going full O and were worrying about last-ditch defending, the HC nuke would provide that cover.

However, I personally wouldn't adopt HC in a full O account. I've tested the HC strat before, and it's useful, but you need to be market-active and be willing to shift iron around as the HC-nuke is much more iron-heavy than a normal nuke, and to balance build times, you need to shift iron around so you don't run out.

DeletedUser

I think a lot of it just comes down to activity. If you can't be active enough to sniff out the reals and the fakes then there's no way this tactic would be very smart. Unless somehow you're just the lucky person that no one ever looks at. I sometimes wish I was that guy. Then I remember the joy of seeing 7 nukes in a row smash into my still lvl 20 wall.... Mmmmmm..... ODD......

DeletedUser

Unless somehow you're just the lucky person that no one ever looks at.

It's really not that tough. Just make sure that you get a nasty rep for being able to snipe anything and for being very vindictive(i.e. backtime people early one), send lots of nukes at anyone that even glances sideways at you, and don't post alot on the PnP or send insulting mails. You'll be mostly ignored by attackers just due to fear of reprisal. But you need to feel out the world, the players and figure out exactly what approach will lead to you being ignored. And a little luck never hurt.

DeletedUser

i still don't see if you noble a village a K away how you support it from being re-nobled, yes i understand you can get your HC there but that can easily be cleared, so yes it would work on a speed world because of how small they are but on slow worlds i can't see it being that effective. Also activity levels of fellow tribe members is much lower so someone with the same strategy near by would not be able to snipe if they weren't on-line at the time (unless you had some kind off buffer zone and nobled a lot of villages than allowed some to be lost straight away which won't get you far quickly).

I can see it working just not well as part of a tribe especially on a slow world

p.s. if theres a good response to this i am stealing the idea ;)

DeletedUser

This theory would not work for noobs. And.. other than in special circumstances only noobs plan their growth strategy around nobling a K away.

DeletedUser

Daz what about when you are at war and you own about 5 K's and your on the wrong side for the war and have nothing else to noble?

DeletedUser

Then i'd figure out a way to move. If you believe it would be so impossible with all the tools at our disposal(large coordinated attack, tribal support, etc..) then you have no business even contemplating a strategy such as this, as your biggest enemy will be your own lack of vision.

Internal Server Error

Daz what about when you are at war and you own about 5 K's and your on the wrong side for the war and have nothing else to noble?

Depends, would you be relocating into a continent dominated solely by your enemies? I speak from my experience on W38 as that was my latest world before I quit, but on there when I relocated to the frontline, there was other of my tribe-mates in the area also. They were keeping the enemy occupied so there wasn't too much of an attempt to re-cap villages.

Also, if you have a clever duke, he'll use your inactives as an attempt to aid relocation schemes rather than just feed to the biggest players. This makes it easier for you to relocate without pressure.

DeletedUser34483

How can you dodge a 150ms backtiming? This was my problem when I was in full O.

DeletedUser

How can you dodge a 150ms backtiming? This was my problem when I was in full O.

For a start Thay would be Very luckey to get a 150ms back time. mainly for the reason you Don't know what part of the second they will arrive home.. but i may be wrong may be possable :lol:

DeletedUser34483

Definitely possible... just needs some patience. Just a scenario I encountered a long long time ago :icon_cry: I really want to know how to counter it with full O villages.

DeletedUser

I Would like to say it is possible to go all offense. next no moral world i will do just that..

There Would be two alternate builds for Offense, we have the standard but effective nuke Axe, scouts, lc, ram, cat, which is a common build for most players. I haven't read many of these full style tactics like open eye's HC strategy as good as it sound's i have never been able to use it when my own methods do just as well.

the second Type of nuke will look like a nooby Nuke as the LC are replaced with HC, this nuke location is destined for any front lines. not as powerful but will prove to be much use when sniping and supporting new villages..

Now we need something to replace the Defense. well if you can noble and farm good the old 3000 HC 250 ram Defense will do. its up to you how you would class this one but to me it would do the job of defense while able to do more damage.

That would be my Full offense build's and it is possible it seem's

DeletedUser34483

Full O is enjoyable when you are at speed world or when you are just starting in a world but needs a ton of hardwork later in the game. I probably don't want to complicate my TW life so I'll be sticking to defence :swordsman::icon_twisted: