A challenge to the winners of w12

DeletedUser

Alright, don't even pay attention to merritt. No one even likes him on our world. All he does is spam and make needless threads, just like this one. I sure hope he soon recognizes DNY as the best tribe in .net history, because thats how I see it.

DeletedUser

Technically Mimelim & vpar2 were part of DNY, or the tribe that formed it. I'd like to see you go up against them at the start of a world :lol: :lol:

No they were not part of DNY. Mimelim was defeated by Braid from CTU and vpar2 quit long before even the NUKE tribes were created. vpar2 was great back in the day before all these scripts came out, today I bet many could keep up with him.

DeletedUser

No they were not part of DNY. Mimelim was defeated by Braid from CTU and vpar2 quit long before even the NUKE tribes were created. vpar2 was great back in the day before all these scripts came out, today I bet many could keep up with him.

Drrr. I've never even heard of Braid. I quit because I was starting medical school and gifted villages to vpar.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

meh dont you have anything original to say bob :p
The post-synaptic A1 Adenosine neuroreceptor may be of more value to potential pharmacological therapies targeting motor disorders originating in the Basal Ganglia (e.g. Parkinson's Disease) than current research indicates.

There's my original statement for the day. Happy? :p

DeletedUser

Drrr. I've never even heard of Braid. I quit because I was starting medical school and gifted villages to vpar.

I must be thinking of someone else then. But I remember Braid and someone else leaving CTU to war a couple of vets because CTU formed a NAP with the tribe they were in.

Mistakes happen, after all it was 3 years ago. No need to call me out as a liar.

Last edited by a moderator:

paladin.

vpar was in nuke while we were attacking CTU & CIA... i think :p

DeletedUser

You are correct.

~THD~ NUKE|W 01st January 2008 - 17:17:28 0
NUKE|W None 17th January 2008 - 00:21:34 0

I must be getting old, my memory is failing me badly.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I don't remember Vpar being around then I thought as Mimelim said he moved tribes to gift villages.

Braid left I think to gain ground above & to the right of the tribe to block off NUKE taking the villages.

Was it 3 years ago does not feel like it to me.

merritt olsen

Sorry for the double post but i thought this place was more on topic for my reply.

actually we have just about 200 members and if you exclude the inactives we have maybe 120 active players...also our tribe has been this way since the beginning when it was the unholy alliance against the rest of the world....so it was in total 6 tribes vs. 20+ tribes and we took the all out...so considering we were fighting as many as 6-7-8 or ore tribes at the same time it makes sense that we split the tribe into regions to fight other hostile tribes...

merritt olsen

The post-synaptic A1 Adenosine neuroreceptor may be of more value to potential pharmacological therapies targeting motor disorders originating in the Basal Ganglia (e.g. Parkinson's Disease) than current research indicates.

There's my original statement for the day. Happy? :p

actually parkinsons disease originates in the substantia nigra and happens when 70% and more of the dopamine producing neurons are destroyed...the typical therapy is to give the the dopamine precursor L-Dopa (L-tyrosine to L-Dopa to dopamine to norepinephrine to epinephrine)

the adensosine receptors are occupied by adensine di phosphate (ADP) which is the by product of adensine tri phosphate (ATP)...ATP is the energy source the the G-coupled proteins use to move Na+ (sodium ions) back out side the neuron after an action potential and K+ (potassium ions) back inside the neuron after the action potential...so that the neuron returns to its resting potential of -57 mV...then after some stimulus the K+ goes out of the neuron (depolarization) and then Na+ enters the neuron creating the action potential...when enought ADP occupies the receptor you become tired and fall asleep and the ADP is converted back to ATP (like recharging a battery) by a process called rephosphoralization....caffeine binds to these receptors so that ADP can not and this is why caffeine keeps you awake (not to mention that you get a dopamine buzz as well) and to much dopamine eventually means to much epinephrine (adrenaline) and thus the nervous jittery feeling when you drink to much coffee...

dopamine from the substantia nigra controls fine motor movement....the neurotransmitter acetylcholine also control muscluar movement as a neuromuscular junction neurotransmitter which is produced in a region of the brain called the nucleus basalis...the destruction of these acetylcholine neurons in the nucleus basalis is called alzheimers disease...

the nucleus accumbens and caudate-putamen region in the meso limbic pathway are the priary dopamine regions and is reponsible for the reward/pleasure circuitry in the brain...it is also the region where all types of addiction occur such as drugs, gambling, food, shopping etc...

anyways i am studying neuroscience at columbia university and have taken classes at UC Berkely and Stanford...so i though i would clarify and correct the quoted statement...

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I'm almost offended by your Wikipedia style "correction". I mean, what you said is completely true, but it does not conflict with my statement whatsoever, therefore it is not a correction. Also, since it is simply a generic overview statement of some of the processes involved in PD and general neurotransmition, I don't see how it clarifies anything other than giving some background information.

P.S. Question: Of what larger area of the brain is the substantia nigra a part of? :icon_wink:

EDIT: I'm a neuroscience graduate student too. Nice to meet you. :)

DeletedUser

oi me guessin' it'd be in me skull somewhere or O other.

DeletedUser

Even a monkey with access to Wikipedia can know that :O

Exactly my point. He should have known the answer to that. Any undergrad in neuroscience should know it off the top of their head. Which led me to believe that he just grabbed it off Wiki.

He said "Actually PD is in the substantia nigra" as if it's not in the basal ganglia... *shakes head*
The substantia nigra is IN the basal ganglia (both of which are in the mesencephalon, you're right suko).

DeletedUser

Question;

You seemed to have picked up the 100% in most K's pretty rapidly, did a lot of people delete or did you recruit them? Just no-way could you have nobled a vast amount of villages in the past month I've been gone from watching this world?